Davep's Irish N Scale Workbench

davep101

Well, tonite ive been trying my painting skills, as 1st attempt they dont look to bad, done some weathering too, just waiting for the transfers to arrive now, im still unsure about the lining, at normal viewing distances it looks ok, but when you get close its a little on the rough side, may be something i go back to as I progress. Also ive test fitted the chassis for these pics!

k9-70 thanks for your reply about the lights, thats answered my question about them!, just means ill have to add the tail lights and the extra headlamp to mine :)

post-7260-066157100 1291853542_thumb.jpg

Well after a trip to a very wintery Sutton, i visited rymans, and picked up a white lining pen, and have had another go at the lining on the 141 and 121, which im now more impressed with :D, as can bee seen below.

post-7260-075694600 1291915062_thumb.jpg

Well thats it for now, hopefully get some other bits done later,

Regards davep101

The lines are a pain to do, my friend Martin did it with a paint brush and ruler (Don't ask me how painting with a ruler works :blink: ). When I was doing the A class I painted the white lines first and then the black, I then extended the black out over the white until I was happy with the thickness of the lines. The C was much easier, no white lines of course!

Looking good so far, despite being small the decals always bring the model to life so I look forward to seeing them applied. :)

Kindest Regards,

Jack

Rite, bit of an update where im up to, had a small delivery from shapeways today, a sugar beet wagon body, and a dundalk (dutch) steam heat van, also (but not from shapeways) a pair of Spectrum F7's the latter are to be doners for a motorised coach and my 80 class, talking of the 80 done some more front end detailing on this, the windows which look a little ropey are actually covered in maskol.

post-7260-012857400 1292449611_thumb.jpg

Ive also been making some progress with the BR van (converted from a bsk's overlays)

post-7260-009052800 1292449747_thumb.jpg

and after a coat of undercoat, this is made from a BH enterprise bsk coach kit, ive had to alter the sides, its not the easiest kit in the world to put toghter either, the bogies pivots need a lot of work as they are way to low when fitted as per instruction.post-7260-007760600 1292449792_thumb.jpg

The dutch van totally unstarted as too is the beet wagon body.

post-7260-095451400 1292449654_thumb.jpg

post-7260-029393200 1292449700_thumb.jpg

And finally for tonight, the cravens coach body, this is ready to have the black window stripe sprayed on, hopefully by my next update this will be nearing completion!

best regards davep101

post-7260-051830700 1292449836_thumb.jpg

It's amazing what can do when you're off sick !

Glad you've re-started the Irish theme. It's all looking good and the lining pen idea really does look the business. Hope we can have some of the Irish stock in the display cabinet at next year's exhibition ..... then, of course, there's the layout to start.

Keep up the good work and the RM Web postings too.

Ian

Thanks Ian for your comments, hopefully i'll have some up to standard to put on display, Jack, i have vinyls for a six coach mk2 rake, all electra graphics, i must say they are really good, and captain electra on here gives excellent back up with his products and is a pleasure to deal with, I will dig my rake out and photograph it for you in the next couple of days.

Best regards davep

Archived