The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

There is the possibilitiy that they are already banned.

Some of the rumours coming out are that several of the old ICF and past troublemakers were seen around the Boleyn and Barking Road before the match. This lot are already banned for life. Normally there is a group of about 6 or 7 that meet in the Queen's before/during each match as that is as close as they can get without the old Bill getting in their way.

• RMweb Premium

Has me wondering has any other single league match : Sunderland Vs Everton, had so much impact on other clubs?

2 relegations and one managerial sacking (to date) as a result of Sunderland maintaining Premier League Status.

Yes, I know all four outcomes are results of cumulative situations over the course of a season, but strange that all should come to dramatic conclusions on the result of one fixture.

edit syntax

Edited by Brit70053

Ah, another "wonder man" . . .

When in my student days I worked on "the Docks" for a summer vacation job, there were still lots of the old docker characters around.  One slim weedy looking guy was called "the wonder man".  Naive as I was, I pondered how he had earned his nickname.  I asked my colleagues if he was deceptively strong, given his build.  When they'd ceased laughing, they explained it was because every time he looked out to sea and saw another ship heading up river to dock he would always say, "I wonder what's in that?"

Stan

Edited by Stanley Melrose
  • Like 3

Ah, another "wonder man" . . .

When in my student days I worked on "the Docks" for a summer vacation job, there were still lots of the old docker characters around.  One slim weedy looking guy was called "the wonder man".  Naive as I was, I pondered how he had earned his nickname.  I asked my colleagues if he was disceptively strong, given his build.  When they'd ceased laughing, they explained it was because every time he looked out to sea and saw another ship heading up river to dock he would always say, "I wonder what's in that?"

Stan

Fell out of my pram laughing at that, 40 years ago

May I be the first from north of the border to congratulate Leicester City on their Title win, wish we could find a team up hear to challenge the supremacy of the big two.

Jim

"Big two"? It's been the "Big Yin" for 4 years, hasn't it? Still, I'd imagine that Rangers will be properly up for it next season, so there will be a decent level of competition through the whole 38 games. While I enjoyed seeing this year's nearly-but-not-quite team, Aberdeen, giving it a decent go, it never really looked like they'd take their challenge all the way to the end. 

Tottenham and Chelsea should both hang their heads in shame tonight however. A disgraceful end to a game. Chelsea players behaved dreadfully, Tottenham players no better. There are ways to lose a title and that looked like sulky bunch of school boys throwing their dummies out of the pram.

Disgraceful, perhaps, but to say that Tottenham were "no better" than Chelsea is a bit harsh - Chelsea weren't the team to get a record number of bookings. Then again, I agree with something I heard on the radio the next day - Alderweireld should be ashamed of himself. The only outfield player to play 90 minutes and not get booked. The lad wasn't even trying!

He was the only one in control. Many players and some staff had totally lost control.

When our overpaid prima donnas behave like animals how come it's the ref that gets the blame?

Exactly. I actually think the referees do pretty well under hard circumstances. I'm sure I've said it before on this thread, but what we need is retrospective action against all those players who try to con the ref into giving the wrong decision. If they know they'll be caught, they might at last start to unlearn all the cheating tactics.

What a lovely man Ranieri is and I'd love Leicester to do a Forest and win the European cup next season.

I think we'd all love that, Rob, but I can hardly see it. In fact, I'll give you 5000 to 1 my word that they won't!

And a small piece of history was made in Scotland today as Edinburgh City became the first team to be promoted to the Scottish League via the new Pyramid system at the expense of perennial bottom club East Stirling. East Stirling will now play in the Lowland League.

Congratulations to Edinburgh City!!

(there is a very tenuous railway connection here, as Edinburgh City play at Meadowbank Stadium partially built on the site of St. Margaret's Shed)

Jim

And a small piece of history was made in Scotland today as Edinburgh City became the first team to be promoted to the Scottish League via the new Pyramid system at the expense of perennial bottom club East Stirling. East Stirling will now play in the Lowland League.

Congratulations to Edinburgh City!!

(there is a very tenuous railway connection here, as Edinburgh City play at Meadowbank Stadium partially built on the site of St. Margaret's Shed)

Jim

How long before they play Livingston (formerly Meadowbank Thistle), who will only be one division above them next season?

Not only have City won the Premier League but Maidstone United have just won the Vanarama South Play-off on penalties. Unbelievable.

For our members that don't follow non-league...

Talk about doing it the hard way!

Ebbsfleet 2-1 up, thanks to two penalties from Danny Kedwell, then Maidstone equalise in stoppage time of extra time, to force a shootout.

And the crucial spot-kick which was missed by Ebbsfleet (or rather, saved by Maidstone) was taken by...Danny Kedwell!

Some rather happy (and noisy) Stones fans on the Javelin back.

• RMweb Gold

Edinburgh City became the first team to be promoted to the Scottish League via the new Pyramid system at the expense of perennial bottom club East Stirling. East Stirling will now play in the Lowland League

What would have happened to East Stirling if Cove Rangers had won through? Would they have still gone into the lowland league giving an odd number of teams and an extra two games for everyone?

• RMweb Gold

Turns out that Arsenal were our biggest title rivals after all........only 10 points behind........

Somehow saying your the champions of North London doesn't have the same ring to it does it.

• RMweb Premium

West Ham lose 2-1 and are relying on Man U beating Crystal Palace in the cup final to get Europa Cup football next year.

VFB Stuttgart are relegated after 39 years in the top flight. :cry:

Not the best day for me.

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253

Turns out that Arsenal were our biggest title rivals after all........only 10 points behind........

My colleague will never let me hear the end of that, seeing as she's a rabid Arsenal fan. Seems almost as if they'd risen without trace.