The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

I don't know which masochist will take on the Rovers job. While I think the fans chanting for his dismissal was over the top, there is no doubt in my mind that Kean was not up to the task. He managed to guide Rovers from mid table to relegation in one and a half seasons. They only survived his first season in charge with a last day win at Wolves. I know he did his best but sorry lad, your best wasn't good enough.

• RMweb Gold

I don't know which masochist will take on the Rovers job.

I think you hit the nail on the head. With global advisor Shabby (sic) Singh bad mouthing people live on TV, no money for players and owners who know as much about football as I do about mass produced chicken, only an idiot would take on the job. Even if Rovers manage to put in place a decent selection process (doubtful!), it would be a massive suprise to me if they get anyone decent at the end of it.

Edited by colin penfold

I think you hit the nail on the head. With global advisor(sic) Shabby (sic) Singh bad mouthing people live on TV, no money for players and owners who know as much about football as I do about mass produced chicken...

To misquote a phrase: if you pay peanuts, you get Venky's.

Something similar seems to be happening at Watford, now a wholly-owned subsidiary of, and testbed for, er, Udinese. New manager Zola is being made to look as effective as melted cheese. Probably he'll be known as Gorgonzola.

• Like 3

Rumour has it that Blackburn want Tim Shewood as manager as he played there the last time they won the league. Tim has just been told by the great AVB that he wont get the technical directors job at the lane. So he could be the next mug. ( did any one notice the sarcastic remark )

• RMweb Gold

Rumour has it that Blackburn want Tim Shewood as manager as he played there the last time they won the league. Tim has just been told by the great AVB that he wont get the technical directors job at the lane. So he could be the next mug. ( did any one notice the sarcastic remark )

An interesting pointer towards how life at Ewood is going to go. A Sky reporter asked a member of the supporters trust about Tim Sherwood this morning and he was most complimentary about Tim but clearly implied that they want a "big manager." Unless there's a big manager just coming out of a two year coma there isn't one alive that would take the job. I suspect the new man won't be as big a name as the fans want, and because of that he wont get long before all the bile starts coming his way. I think their problems go a lot deeper than the man in the dugout.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I can't help but agree with you about Blackburn Colin but I think we might just get a surprise with the next manager, or at least with those who express an 'interest' in the job. I think many managers have egos even bigger than the players and so need a position, any position, to feed that ego. I'm sure we can all think of a good number of managers like that. Sherwood might be a big favourite but nothing would surprise me in the final choice.

• RMweb Gold

They need big Sam, not Allerdyce - Anella. Without a good manager they will have egg on their face. Perhaps a successful lower league manager looking for a feather in his cap. I'm still convinced the good managers won't be flocking to apply. Bound to be a cock up. Will stop now before I end up before the beak for excess corn!

• RMweb Gold

What about the 5.30 game ? LOL

Yeah, not you lot obviously ! :no: Interesting stories today about the unrest in the camp being caused by AVB. Perhaps it wasn't the prima donnas at Chelsea after all!

Enjoy your game too and keep the red lot off our backs !

• RMweb Gold

Fat chance.

LOL!!!!

Seriously I know you think we are supposed to be bitter rivals but I actually like Spurs as a club and was pleased to see how well you were doing under big 'arry. Genuinely sorry that you missed out on CL football, but given that Daniel Levy has insisted on hitting the self destruct button it's just as well you aren't in it. Hope things improve soon, so long as you finish below us :sungum:

• Like 1

First visit of the season to The Old Spotted Dog, to see Clapton v Stansted in the Essex Senior League.

Clapton were battered for the first ten minutes, but dominated after that, scoring after fifteen minutes and having two more good chances before the break.

Stansted scored two minutes after half-time, when a free-kick eluded everyone and found the bottom corner, but Clapton recovered, having one goal disallowed, a header off the bar and a scrambled chance cleared off the line. They couldn't covert the chances though, and it ended as a 1-1 draw.

However, the most interesting aspect of the day was the presence of Mr. David Gold, the co-chairman of The Tons' more illustrious neighbours from E13. He was happy to talk to supporters, sign autographs and seems to be a very nice chap. Shorter than I thought, mind icon_wink.gif

• Like 1

Fat chance.

Oh, ye of little faith! AVB can stay another week. Off to catch the recording as we were out last night, but the younger members of our Tottenham appreciation society kept us up to date with score flashes. A glass or two were raised during the evening..

• Like 1

I watched two games here in New York yesterday - but I didn't finish either of them.

Wigan vs Sunderland - A tedious, niggling match (I must have watched a different game to the one described on the BBC).

Fulham vs Manchester City. I had to go out before the end - why do all the Man City guys have seriously short fat legs? A bit more entertaining than the previous one.

I have to say it is great that FOX are showing these games now (some live) in NYC on HD.........

Best, Pete.

• Like 1

Yeeeeeessss! Well done - Pride of North London and thank you from us on the posh side

Ha Ha, i wasn't going to post, don't want to gloat as it will bite me in the bum. So, AVB the hero ? i dont think so. We won the league cup under Ramos and look where he took us, this could be AVBs high point.

• Like 1

…I know you think we are supposed to be bitter rivals but I actually like Spurs as a club and was pleased to see how well you were doing under big 'arry…

Nice to see friendly rivalry… seems a little more difficult to achieve with us Mancs!

Armchair United 2 - Spurs 3

YES!

steve

I'll second that!

…why do all the Man City guys have seriously short fat legs?…

Not sure Dzeko would appreciate that comment but you're right, it does seem to be a 'feature' even Silva, who at first glance looks a mere slip of a lad, has powerful legs.

Ha Ha, i wasn't going to post, don't want to gloat as it will bite me in the bum…

Have faith, dear boy, but I do know the feeling… after a certain 'sick swan' in Stretford last season I avoided commenting in the immediate aftermath for the very same reason… had to make do with an inner glow of pure satisfaction - but then we all know what happened in the 93rd minute of the last game of the season! :sungum:

Now this season is starting to take shape… it's gonna be interesting.

Edited by Mucky Duck
  • Like 1

why do all the Man City guys have seriously short fat legs?

Didn't know Franny Lee was still playing!!

Interesting the MotD discussed the previous game's "penalty (or not) decissions" at length and then decided to ignore the ones in the Fulham/City match, instead concentrating on how bad Kompany had become... Wonder why...

• Like 1