The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

That said, he didn't look happy when he scored. I was rather surprised, but I suspect if you're only considered good enough for the bench at a major tournament (and club for the most part)...I'd be regretting leaving first team football at Arsenal, personally, but hey ho...

Just another scoring celebration routine, I suspect. It must be hard to think of something original...

You think we have weather problems? There's one hell of a storm in the Ukraine which has stopped the Ukraine v France game after 4 minutes. Torrential rain and thunder and forked lightning right overhead. Thankfully the ref got everyone off the pitch as quick as possible...

I'll be amazed if the game goes ahead now...

You think we have weather problems? There's one hell of a storm in the Ukraine which has stopped the Ukraine v France game after 4 minutes. Torrential rain and thunder and forked lightning right overhead. Thankfully the ref got everyone off the pitch as quick as possible...

I'll be amazed if the game goes ahead now...

It is.

...and enjoyable too. All credit to modern pitches and their drainage design. Be great to see Ukraine put one over on the French...

England game kick off delayed to 8.00 because of the delay on this game..

Edited by gordon s

...and enjoyable too. All credit to modern pitches and their drainage design. Be great to see Ukraine put one over on the French...

England game kick off delayed to 8.00 because of the delay on this game..

Looks like the French have it. Still perhaps i've put the voodoo on them by saying it.

Yup they are certainly the better side tonight. One thing I did notice was a green laser on Samir Nasri when he went to take a corner. Let's hope they deal with that before the England game against Ukraine. As always we seem to get the game when the home side need to win to qualify.....or God forbid a draw may be enough if England fail to fire on all four.....

• RMweb Gold

Well thats the most excited i've got in years watching England. Well done.

Absolutely. I don't know how far they can go, but I've enjoyed their first two games.

• RMweb Gold

The more I see of Carrol's goal the more impressed I am by it. Great ball in but what a bullet header - the slomos of it are fantastic.

Great goal!

Perhaps we'll never know! I tend to think that all goals of that sort (including overhead kicks - the other version!) have an element of luck... But that doesn't mean to say that there's no skill involved, it takes some skill to be able to even try it in the first place, and to get it to succeed... Perhaps there's less luck than we think...

Look at it another way, whenever we see a close up of a player heading the ball into the net they have their eyes closed!!!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, BoD.

My new found Cretan friends will be going bonkers.

They bought the house down when they got a draw!

I'm off to Greece on hols in August, so hopefully they will all be boyed up by their Euro experience and Euro wont be such a dirty word after all :O)

"Harry Redknapp is in line for 3 million quid compensation.

So, after tax, that will be, oh yeah, 3 million quid..."

Not mine, but thought it was funny!

:)

Strange you should come out with that one. But heard a rumour ( I love rumours ) that the taxman aint finished with 'Arry yet.

• RMweb Gold

At least Roy looks squeaky clean, so far.

Don't worry - as soon as England lose the hounds will be unleashed and even a non story will be splashed as though it were the end of the world. Cynical? Moi?

• Like 1