The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

15 minutes ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

They won that single season in the 2nd division at a canter and had far higher attendances than any of the 1st division clubs.

same a Newcastle when in proper second division were getting far higher attendance than many first division!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how many seasons it will take before Brighton realise they need a striker? They don't even need to be a good one, just one that can hit the target occasionally. 31 attempts today with just 6 on target, Maupay couldn't even get our penalty on target!

Reporters don't even bother anymore; they just copy and paste the same report from the last 3-4 years -  "Brighton were on top and the better team but failed to hit the target".

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

Don't these teams want Champions League football?

That's Chelsea, United and now Arsenal who have been absolutely terrible over the last few days.

At least Chelsea hopefully have enough margin to stay in the top 4. As for the other 2 - who cares?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So Arsenal, West Ham and Man Utd, all lost on the weekend.

Doesn't anyone want 4th place and ECL next year? A couple of weeks ago, it looked like Chelsea might miss out, but they're now looking good for 3rd place.

Edit

Sorry I misspoke. Spurs won. I don't how I made that mistake.

Edited by kevinlms
Misinformation
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

So Arsenal, West Ham, Spurs and Man Utd, all lost on the weekend.

Doesn't anyone want 4th place and ECL next year? A couple of weeks ago, it looked like Chelsea might miss out, but they're now looking good for 3rd place.

Erm, are you sure?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure that lovers of real football will have been very pleased to see that Fort William FC managed to score four goals yesterday while their opponents only managed two.  This was The Fort's first win of the season and puts them on 7 points after 32 games.  However, four of these points have come in the last two games so maybe the side is hitting form at last.  That may however be too late as a new pyramid scheme has been introduced which means that title-winning clubs from the North Caledonian League, the North Junior Super League and the Midlands League – covering Tayside outfits – will play off next season for the right to face the bottom HFL side which will be Fort William.  Having said that, even if successful, only clubs able to fulfil full SFA licensing and membership requirements would be permitted to make the step up into the HFL. Currently, only Banks O’Dee and potentially Golspie Sutherland satisfy that criteria.

Edited by Torper
Typos
  • Informative/Useful 6

• RMweb Gold

You beat me to it!  I've been keeping an eye on them since someone mentioned their predicament, last season I think?, the world loves an underdog and they tick all the boxes!

I did predict a few weeks ago that FW were building up for a title charge, they seem to be but have left it a tad too late!, but a win is a win. As a matter of interest those last 4 points have been against the two clubs directly above them.

Mike.

• Like 2

Congratulations to George Dowell and Worthing FC who are the champions of the Pitching In Isthmian League Premier Division Trophy for the first time in the clubs history!

George was one of the most promising youth footballers of his peer group in Worthing and at the young age of 17 was involved in a car crash that consigned him to a wheelchair.

He managed to purchase Worthing FC and under his ownership it has gone from strength to strength.  

Promotion now means they are in the 6th tier of English football next season for the first time.

• Like 4

Carlisle have been safe for a few weeks its saddly think we are gone need 9 points from 3 remaining games just cant see it happening .127 years of league history founders of the prem gone at the whim of a pair of clowns with no heart or conection with this club #OTID #ABDALLAHOUT 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, peanuts said:

Carlisle have been safe for a few weeks its saddly think we are gone need 9 points from 3 remaining games just cant see it happening .127 years of league history founders of the prem gone at the whim of a pair of clowns with no heart or conection with this club #OTID #ABDALLAHOUT 

Carlisle have been probably safe but now it's mathematically certain.

Still got fingers crossed for Oldham but it doesn't look too promising, but bouncing straight back up isn't impossible (Carlisle have done that).

Glad to see it looks like Stockport will be back in the league next season (not 100% guaranteed yet though).

Edited by Reorte
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Reorte said:

Carlisle have been probably safe but now it's mathematically certain.

Still got fingers crossed for Oldham but it doesn't look too promising, but bouncing straight back up isn't impossible (Carlisle have done that).

Glad to see it looks like Stockport will be back in the league next season (not 100% guaranteed yet though).

saddly if the same clowns are anywhere near in charge of  this club next season ,which is looking increasingly likely there is only one direction this club will be taking and it isnt back into the football league . thier ineptitude knows no bounds season tickets on sale three weeks ago for a limited earlybird offer for the first 500 of £200 each despite not knowing which league we will be in next season uptake before end of offer 200 in total ! tell me anyother club anywhere in the top 5 divisions that would have that poorer take up ?

Ps if you wish to see thier ineptitude follow the timeline 

https://my.visme.co/view/ojn0j1oe-the-abdallah-years-a-timeline

Edited by peanuts
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, peanuts said:

Ps if you wish to see thier ineptitude follow the timeline 

https://my.visme.co/view/ojn0j1oe-the-abdallah-years-a-timeline

As a football supporter, if half of that was true it would be incredible and unbelievable, the fact that it is all true goes beyond the pale.

You have my sympathies.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Having referred to the plight of plucky Fort William a few posts ago, I have been reminded that The Fort are not actually the worst team in Scottish senior football.  While The Fort struggle at the foot of the Highland League, Vale of Leithen are doing even worse at the foot of the Lowland League, having managed only seven points so far this season - that's two fewer than The Fort.  With 33 games played, they have a goal diffreence of minus 151.  After 34 games, The Fort's goal difference is minus 100.  Like The Fort, Vale have managed a win this season, but they haven't won a league game at home for three years.  In 2019 the two were drawn together in the preliminary Scottish Cup round and the Fort managed to put five past the hapless Vale keeper while themselves keeping a clean sheet.

Vale come from the small border town of Innerleithen.  They're an old club, having been founded in 1891.  Their motto is "Keep the Faith", which seems highly appropriate.  As ever, I am full of admiration for those people, real football enthusiasts, who turn out week after week often in attocious weather to play for and to run clubs such as these.  No hope of glory or financial reward, just community spirit and a genuine love of the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LamPcg1rs9I&ab_channel=BBCScotland

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, peanuts said:

Numb #saveoafc #Abdallahout 116 years of football league history ends 

You have my sympathies.

I know 30 years is a relatively long time ago, but, from inaugural members of the Premier league to this in what is really a short length of time, somebody should be hanging their head in shame and be lying prostrate on the pitch having given every supporter a cat'o'ninetails.

Mike.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 hours ago, SHMD said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61125002

nothing else to say...

Oldham Athletic's league results since Abdallah Lesmagam took over the club: Played 190 Won 53 Drew 56 Lost 81 Relegations 2 Managers (including caretakers) 10 and that last figure sums the whole s¿♤t show up clueless 

Less numb more angry now this clown was run out of Nantes by the French fa his brother failed the efl fit and proper persons test and yet they were allowed to take over our club ? 

#saveoafc  #Abdallahout 

• Friendly/supportive 4

Now 24 hrs since this happend social media full of ex players managers and staff bemoaning our fate and wishing us luck in the future  from the club chairman board or any of they're  acolytes  nothing complete radio silence only action we have seen is a mass blocking of fans on twitter etc on they're accounts cowards #saveoafc  #Abdallahout 

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

I've Just listened to a piece on 5 Live about OAFC.

The FA should be ashamed but not as much as Abdallah should be.

Kev.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1