The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

Proper game at Kidderminster today …. 1-0 v West Ham in FACup at half time. Proper refereeing without VAR and loads of atmosphere…. And they started the programme at the Severn Valley. Great stuff…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil Bullock said:

Proper game at Kidderminster today …. 1-0 v West Ham in FACup at half time. Proper refereeing without VAR and loads of atmosphere…. And they started the programme at the Severn Valley. Great stuff…

Kiddy were very unlucky there!

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, 62613 said:

Kiddy were very unlucky there!

WHU saved themselves with the equaliser one minute into normal injury time and then won it in added on injury time at the end of 30 mins of extra time.

Kidderminster must be gutted.

• Agree 3

very good weekend football wise 

friday night Arbroath get a fantastic 1- 0 win to go four points clear and keep the fairytale alive 

and the shazarection is on as the latics go to scunthorpe and grab a 1-0 win  to close the gap to safety to 5 points with a game in hand and carlisle to visit us  .

got to listen to kidderminster giving the hammers a proper good fa cup fright on the radio fantastic performance 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ron Ron Ron said:

Kidderminster must be gutted..

We all are!

Preston deserved man of the match, though, he was brilliant and I suspect a few other Kiddy players have done themselves a few favours for their future as has their manager...

We were all standing up in the living room urging them on (as you do!) desperate for the final whistle to blow, but to see that happen twice in the same match - we were gutted...

One day, West Ham, we'll get our revenge! ;)

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 4

2 hours ago, peanuts said:

very good weekend football wise 

friday night Arbroath get a fantastic 1- 0 win to go four points clear and keep the fairytale alive 

and the shazarection is on as the latics go to scunthorpe and grab a 1-0 win  to close the gap to safety to 5 points with a game in hand and carlisle to visit us  .

got to listen to kidderminster giving the hammers a proper good fa cup fright on the radio fantastic performance 

Watching the match (Kiddy v Wet Sham) reminds me that it's coming up to the next anniversary of the St Valentine's Day Massacre! An evening never to be forgotten!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

19 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Last match I went to at Kidderminster Harriers ground ended in a 32 penalty shoot out! 

The last (and only) time I went there was in 2007 during an Exeter City promotion season - we lost 4 - 0!

cheers

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Rivercider said:

The last (and only) time I went there was in 2007 during an Exeter City promotion season - we lost 4 - 0!

cheers

Late 60s early 70s was a great ground to go to as you could watch footy and railways at the same time…

• Like 2

So ends one of the most feeble defences of the F.A. Cup - a totally inept Leicester City totally outclassed all over the pitch by neighbours Nottingham Forest today.

I get the feeling Leicester are beginning their journey back to relative mediocrity after a memorable decade or so, as Brendan Rodgers couldn't even use an excessive number of injuries as an excuse today - it was a strong selection.

I know be careful what you wish for but Brendan Rodgers has now been at Leicester for 3 years.......

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 04/02/2022 at 19:41, EddieB said:

From the games I've watched, I think the refereeing has been to a high standard.

Famous last words - I’ll take those comments back, not expecting the idiosyncratic Victor “yellow card” Gomes to be appointed for the final.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cary hill said:

So ends one of the most feeble defences of the F.A. Cup - a totally inept Leicester City totally outclassed all over the pitch by neighbours Nottingham Forest today.

I get the feeling Leicester are beginning their journey back to relative mediocrity after a memorable decade or so, as Brendan Rodgers couldn't even use an excessive number of injuries as an excuse today - it was a strong selection.

I know be careful what you wish for but Brendan Rodgers has now been at Leicester for 3 years.......

They won the boxing though.

• Funny 2

oh my lord ! the shezarection3 is on 3 games 7 points 3 for 1 against 2 behind carlisle with a game in hand and them to visit us surely lord sheridan cannot pull it off again ?

oldham 2 - 1 brizzle rovers amazing stuff !

"And heres to you johnny sheridan oldham loves you more than you will know woa woa woa "

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I see Mr Abramovich is “giving trustees of Chelsea's charitable foundation the stewardship and care" of the club.

Does anyone know what this actually means?   Is ‘stewardship and care’  a formal legal position/term or is it a case of waiting to see what he intends to do?

Edited by BoD
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
23 hours ago, BoD said:

I see Mr Abramovich is “giving trustees of Chelsea's charitable foundation the stewardship and care" of the club.

Does anyone know what this actually means?   Is ‘stewardship and care’  a formal legal position/term or is it a case of waiting to see what he intends to do?

Cynically not selling the club but giving it another front end (which he still controls) to make it look good.

What won’t happen, but should, is Chelsea having all fixtures expunged for the season by the FA unless all Russian financial & controlling interest is removed without compensation. Ditto for any other clubs with Russian financing. FIFA should also ban all Russian controlled teams too. They won’t because the legal complications through CAS(?) will overturn common sense and morality.

Sorry Mods if you think this is too political.

Edit: my post above has been misinterpreted, I am not anti-Chelsea per-se it is just their prime financial and controlling interest that needs hitting in the pocket.

Edited by john new
Extra note added for clarity
  • Like 2
  • Agree 3

What influence have Chelsea, ie the players, got on the actions of a dictatorial maniac in another country? Do you really think that Putin gives a toss on Chelsea Football Club.Should any Russian born players now be suspended because of the actions of their native government who they may actually not support? Where does it stop? No Chinese players because of their government, how about no white Americans because of the racist actions of elements of USA authorities?

It is a dangerous precedent to start banning players and clubs because members of their staff happen to come from a country who have a lunatic in charge. What's more I doubt if such actions would have a scrap of interest to the aggressor authority.

As a Spurs fan I remember during the Falklands campaign the disgraceful treatment that Ossie Arrives got from the fans of English teams (especially Leicester City fans during a televised FA Cup match (sorry Neal) to the extent that Spurs' captain Steve Peterman and Garth Crooks objected to it in the post match interviews) for the crime of merely being born Argentine. Do they genuinely believe that he had anything to do with it? It is bonkers. All that resulted is that Ossie felt unwelcome and unsafe here- his adopted home-.and left to play for Paris St Germain.    It is on the same level as during WW2 WW1 (thanks to eastglosmog) apparently renaming German Shepherd dogs as Alsatians and idiots kicking Dachshunds because they were 'german'. Of course they took notice of that...

Deal with warlords by not trading with them or banking with them, not selling them weapons but diplomatically or if necessary militarily. But to ban things in countries who are not directly involved because of a minor connection to me is both clutching at straws and futile.

Ideally crazed, deluded greedy men would stop waging war and distress on others and we could all live together in peace and harmony. There is more chance of Spurs winning the domestic treble than this happening but we can all dream.

Back to football. Oldham putting up a big fight despite the actions of their owner. All credit to the fans fighting to save their football club from this lunatic. When will these owners realise that a football club is not a toy or a plaything for bored rich people. I am sure there are computer games if you want to do that. These clubs belong to their communities and are important to a very lot of people. They should be protected in law from being destroyed by unfit owners but this will never happen as football is essentially a working class game so is of no importance to the powers that be....

Edited by Natalie
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, Natalie said:

It is on the same level as during WW2 apparently renaming German Shepherd dogs as Alsatians and idiots kicking Dachshunds because they were 'german'. Of course Hitler took notice of that...

Pedantic point - I though that particular idiocy took place in WW1.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

Arguably the Caribo Cup final was one of the best 0-0's I've ever watched. How it was 0-0 I'll never know!

Bringing on Kepa for the penalties didn't work and an odd decision as he let in all 11 and then missed his own. You think they may have learned after he refused to come off a couple of years back and also lost in the penalty shoot out but I seem to recall it's not the first time Tuchel has changed the goalie for a shoot out.

• Funny 2

Back to football. Oldham putting up a big fight despite the actions of their owner. All credit to the fans fighting to save their football club from this lunatic. When will these owners realise that a football club is not a toy or a plaything for bored rich people. I am sure there are computer games if you want to do that. These clubs belong to their communities and are important to a very lot of people. They should be protected in law from being destroyed by unfit owners but this will never happen as football is essentially a working class game so is of no importance to the powers that be....

thank you the fight still goes on despite the recent upturn in form with the appointment of john sheridan the fans haven't forgotten the promises to sell and not interfere with the squad and are ready to vote with thier feet at the first sign of broken word .#Abdallahout 

• Friendly/supportive 4

Welcome back Jamie Vardy - he was only on for  the last 20 minutes as a sub but he grabbed a goal and an assist to secure Leicester's first league win since he last played on Boxing Day.

Apparently his goal is his 94th Premiership goal since turning 30 years of age. It overtakes Ian Wright's previous record total of 93 goals scored after turning 30 years old.

Edited by cary hill
omission
  • Like 2