The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

56 minutes ago, Hobby said:

For most clubs I recon... However not a patch on Rogerio Ceni, who's scored 131!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_goalscoring_goalkeepers

Strangely enough I watched a video on YouTube a while back of many of his goals. It helped that he took all penalties and free kicks around the edge of the box! Not sure how that sat with his team mates....

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Gareth Collier said:

Strangely enough I watched a video on YouTube a while back of many of his goals. It helped that he took all penalties and free kicks around the edge of the box! Not sure how that sat with his team mates....

He could run fast!

Mike.

• Like 1

On 14/05/2021 at 10:15, Gareth Collier said:

So the Man City and Chelsea supporters have to fly in, go into a bubble and then fly home again all on the same day. That's 12,000 supporters. Just how many planes are there just sitting around? Boy are the Portugese air traffic controllers going to be busy!

That's the reward to those same supporters who shouted and hollered and helped out UEFA  against the formation of a new super league! 

Just loved Alisson's goal at the weekend. That elation and emotion is what football is all about, got to say watching his post match interview brought a tear to  my eye. 

Respect where it's due. 

Edited by sb67
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, peanuts said:

If you have any love for football please sign to save a club 

2k signatures in just over 48hrs shows strength of feeling amongst the fans .thanks to anyone who has signed it is apreciated . To contrast the club have sold 600 paying season tickets during a near 2 month discount period .

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, peanuts said:

2k signatures in just over 48hrs shows strength of feeling amongst the fans .thanks to anyone who has signed it is apreciated . To contrast the club have sold 600 paying season tickets during a near 2 month discount period .

Can I sign this without being on twitter?

Kev.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So the battle for 3rd & 4th places is on with Chelsea, Liverpool & Leicester today.

Effectively anyone who doesn't win will miss out for sure.

Half time looking good for Liverpool, maybe for Leicester and not so good for Chelsea.

3 hours ago, gwrrob said:

What a difference a week makes.:(

Yes indeed it was great to actually attend a match in person for first time March 9 2020, on only my second visit to Covid Central {a.k.a. Leicester) since then. Despite it being a bit of an ersatz experience in many ways the match did provide a tantalising twenty-five minute window of Champions League qualification, until last week's hero (Schmeichel) turned into a zero by punching the ball into his own net to deflate the home crowd and turn the game on it's head for the last 15 minutes.

Still never mind I did catch a glimpse of the F.A. Cup which had eluded Leicester for 137 years until a week ago and hopefully I've seen the last Harry Kane for Spurs against us. He's never forgiven us (Nigel Pearson) for sticking him on the left wing  or the bench during his brief loan spell at Leicester.

Falling at the very last hurdle for a second successive season hurts but finishing fifth, winning F.A.Cup for the first time and playing in Europe in successive seasons for the first time - it's not been that bad a season really.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, cary hill said:

Falling at the very last hurdle for a second successive season hurts but finishing fifth, winning F.A.Cup for the first time and playing in Europe in successive seasons for the first time - it's not been that bad a season really.

I'd take it, it sure beats relegation!

Mike.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Sadly, it's goodbye Brechin City, relegated to the Highland League.  On a happier note, we in Angus will therefore get the opportunity to see Fort William in action this season!

DT

6 hours ago, Torper said:

Sadly, it's goodbye Brechin City, relegated to the Highland League.  On a happier note, we in Angus will therefore get the opportunity to see Fort William in action this season!

DT

and you still have the highest placed amature team Arbroath 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, peanuts said:

and you still have the highest placed amature team Arbroath 

Slight correction, Arbroath may well be the highest placed part-time club in Scotland, but the players do get paid - excluding on-loan premier division players I believe the highest is about £500 per week, the lowest less than £200.

DT

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, peanuts said:

Too soon ? 

20210526_231658.jpg

I could see this car crash happening, especially when all the so called pundit/experts seemed to concentrate on the fact that Villareal "only" finished 7th in La Liga.

Well, the British like the underdog to win!

Mike.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

I could see this car crash happening, especially when all the so called pundit/experts seemed to concentrate on the fact that Villareal "only" finished 7th in La Liga.

Mike.

We certainly do! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Mike.

I supported Man City when I lived in Didsbury during the Mercer/Allison days.  When my wife asked why City rather than United, I said it was because they were the underdogs.  So she says I should now support United!

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 2

On 27/05/2021 at 21:49, 2750Papyrus said:

I supported Man City when I lived in Didsbury during the Mercer/Allison days.  When my wife asked why City rather than United, I said it was because they were the underdogs.  So she says I should now support United!

You're OK as my friendly neighbourhood United fan tells me they are still the most famous team in the world... So we can continue to support City! :)

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, gwrrob said:

I bet there's not many members on here that remember the last time Brentford were in the top flight division.:read:

Come on you Bees!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dad and older brother remembered the glory days - and the London Cup win of 1941. 

Dad took me to Griffin Park for the first time in about 1967, and the old boys on the terraces still waxed lyrically about beating the likes of Man Utd  5-0, and of being the only football league club to have won all of their home games in a season. A record to this day.

Let's hope we stay up!

Les

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Not a great Chelsea fan but glad to see the arrogant over hyped City getting their cumuppance again.

Russian oligarch money or Saudi finance, take your pick; both undesirable sources and spoiling our home football with financial doping.

Far too many fans though given the COVID crisis, how come that lot can be allowed to travel abroad, co-mingle, hug and sing and shout but our home domestic choirs (church and secular) are still not able to. Madness.

Edited by john new
Word changed to avoid misinterpretation of the point intended
  • Agree 5