The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

I'm still reeling from Sunday's result at Goodison. Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U all beaten, with Man U given a serious working over. Pity that the team has been so inconsistent this season with some poor results (e.g. Fulham) as well.

40 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

I'm still reeling from Sunday's result at Goodison. Arsenal, Chelsea and Man U all beaten, with Man U given a serious working over. Pity that the team has been so inconsistent this season with some poor results (e.g. Fulham) as well.

Man Utd looked like they were already on the beach....Got Chelsea to come and they need a big result + the 4th CL spot

Chelsea have down tools for the manager...again #sacking coming up...............

Teams have figured Chelsea out...stop Hazzard and you stop Chelsea

Spurs always do this at this time of the season.....and have got 1 eye on the CL semi....they'll drop more points on the run in

Arsenal....well we can't defend and haven't been able to since Patrick V left the midfield.......so not surprised by Everton result,Palace disappointing just surprised to be in with a shout of 3 to be honest.

Virgil Van Dyke has made Liverpool a real force this season

Man City by far and away the best team i seen in the last couple of seasons.........

Difference between Liverpool and Man City is if Man City decide to put a team to the sword they will do it......Liverpool require a slice of luck and that always runs out soon or later 

it's going to be an interesting few weeks coming up.....there's no where to hide it's just down to who wants it more.......the European fixtures/results will have a massive impact on the teams involved 

B

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

Chelsea were not beaten. Whether or not that makes a difference, is yet to be seen.

Edited by kevinlms
Wrong word

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

They were at Goodison.

Maybe, but I thought you were talking about Sunday/Monday results, when Arsenal & United lost and Chelsea managed a draw.

2 hours ago, brenn said:

It's fun:)

Yes... for us neutrals! :derisive:

1 hour ago, EddieB said:

As far as I'm concerned, he's more than welcome back at Queens Park Rangers.

Would you give Mr Holloway another crack at the job too? 

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, br2975 said:

£149 - if we stay up, that's Premiership football at around £8 per game, Championship football at less than £7 per game........either way, the ticket costs the same as a new 00 gauge loco.

Do forgive me asking, but is that a concessionary rate?  If it isn't, it's £40 less than you'd have to pay at Forfar Athletic in the third tier of Scottish football. (If it is a concession, then it's £49 more!)

DT

Edited by Torper
  • Informative/Useful 1

Good grief we left that one late. Not a lot you can do against a blanket defence, so just pleased we stuck at it. It was always going to take a snap shot through a bunch of players to win the game.

Looking forward to tomorrow night now....:drink_mini:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Torper said:

Do forgive me asking, but is that a concessionary rate?  If it isn't, it's £40 less than you'd have to pay at Forfar Athletic in the third tier of Scottish football. (If it is a concession, then it's £49 more!)

DT

It is a con cessionary rate, my brother paid full whack to sit alongside me, £249..

And I either walk to the ground or use my Welsh Assembly Government free bus pass

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EddieB said:

As far as I'm concerned, he's more than welcome back at Queens Park Rangers.

His contract at Cardiff is up at the end of this season.

His alleged successor, Craig Bellamy  (another Marmite character) may have "pi$$ed on his chips" and is currently on gardening leave.

Edited by br2975
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 hours ago, EddieB said:

On the basis that it's anyone but Mark Hughes, then yes.  Otherwise fairly neutral about Ian Holloway.

Interesting. I only ask because I heard him on the radio last week and he seemed very keen to return, albeit without resorting to saying directly that he wanted the job. 

1 hour ago, br2975 said:

It is a con cessionary rate, my brother paid full whack to sit alongside me, £249..

And I either walk to the ground or use my Welsh Assembly Government free bus pass

To put it in perspective, that full price ticket is still less than my one in the National League. I am beginning to think I am being robbed!!

1 hour ago, br2975 said:

His contract at Cardiff is up at the end of this season.

His alleged successor, Craig Bellamy  (another Marmite character) may have "pi$$ed on his chips" and is currently on gardening leave.

I wonder whether Warnock has the desire, or to be honest the need, to have another season back in the bear pit that is the Championship? Saying that, I heard him a few weeks ago on the radio saying he would like to stay on but in all likelihood for the short-term, but also taking a role in appointing his successor. I wonder whether that is a good idea; didn't work out too well for the Ferguson-Moyes dynasty.....

Interesting that Bellamy had been lined up as his sucessor; he has been suspended due to allegations of bullying hasn't he? At The Toon, Peter Beardsley was recently sacked after similar persistent claims. 

I doubt Bellamy would ever get the manager's job........one of the senior players would most likely chin him, eventually !

can't fault his footballing skills and commitment......but his temprement, that's something else.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, br2975 said:

I doubt Bellamy would ever get the manager's job........one of the senior players would most likely chin him, eventually !

can't fault his footballing skills and commitment......but his temprement, that's something else.

Ha ha yes he has form. I do remember when Mr Shearer chinned him at Newcastle! 

• Funny 1

12 hours ago, gordon s said:

Good grief we left that one late. Not a lot you can do against a blanket defence, so just pleased we stuck at it. It was always going to take a snap shot through a bunch of players to win the game.

Looking forward to tomorrow night now....:drink_mini:

I love Christian Eriksen, he is such a classy player with so much quality. As a bystander, I would say hanging in to him and getting him to pen a new deal is the most important signing Tottenham need to make in the summer. 

• Agree 1

Saturday may see the beginning of the end of one of footballs great anomalies, if Berwick Rangers fail to beat the mighty Albion Rovers then they will be doomed to a play-off place against the winners of the Lowland or Highland Leagues, if they lose that then they will cease to be the only English team to play in the Scottish Senior leagues.  Possibly their biggest game since 28 January 1967, when they beat Glasgow Rangers 1:0 in the biggest cup shock in Scottish football history

Jim

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

Saturday may see the beginning of the end of one of footballs great anomalies, if Berwick Rangers fail to beat the mighty Albion Rovers then they will be doomed to a play-off place against the winners of the Lowland or Highland Leagues, if they lose that then they will cease to be the only English team to play in the Scottish Senior leagues.  Possibly their biggest game since 28 January 1967, when they beat Glasgow Rangers 1:0 in the biggest cup shock in Scottish football history

Jim

Very much so. I have been championing Berwick's cause recently on here, trying to get them some exposure, but sadly it looks ominous now. They are 5 points adrift with two games left and obviously play Albion on Saturday. They have been shipping so many goals too, so have a terrible goal difference to add to the gloom and doom. It is certainly worrying times at Shieldfield. 

Then it is the lottery of the play-off against either Cove Rangers or East Kilbride. It's only happened the once before - when Edinburgh City beat East Stirlingshire - but, given the run of form Berwick are on, I really fear for their chances. 

You're right, it's a far cry from the glory days of beating Rangers......

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, NorthBrit said:

Not sure if I am posting in the correct thread?

Either here or the Forum Jokes thread?

MANCHESTER UNITED!

Ditto ARSENAL!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, luckymucklebackit said:

..the only English team to play in the Scottish Senior leagues...

And vice-versa, they would follow the border-hopping Gretna in dropping out the league (althoughfor different circumstances). They played in the Northern Premier League before jumping over to the Scottish league structure. Sadly it all ended in disaster when Mr Mileson died :sorry_mini: He also generously sposored the Northern League for years, through a lifetime deal, which, again, obviously came to an end. Now we have Ebac to be thankful for supporting North East non-league football :good_mini:

3 hours ago, steve1 said:

Thanks Wolves! :good_mini::D

steve

Fair play to Wolves....we were shite....I thought this was the game that would cause us trouble...but the way we lost was bad...not over yet of top 3/4 yet!! 

B