The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

Blackpool manager Gary Bowyer has left after just one game. I think this must be a record for the club. Shame the owners are still hanging on like grim death.

Yes, a quick exit this season but it is not just one game. 

Compared to some other club's managerial records he has been there a while.

No reasons given yet but there is talk of him spending more time with his family. I hope all is well.

• RMweb Premium

It is a pity when a player behaves this way...but you see it happen so frequently. You would think it would be a little off-putting for the pursuing club that their target would behave this way. But I suppose they don't care if it means they get their man.

They do get the right @rse-ache when it happens to them though

• RMweb Gold

It is a pity when a player behaves this way...but you see it happen so frequently. You would think it would be a little off-putting for the pursuing club that their target would behave this way. But I suppose they don't care if it means they get their man.

They do get the right @rse-ache when it happens to them though

I blame Jimmy Hill.

Looking forward to the return of MOTD et al tomorrow :) Whilst I support a non league club I still like following top level football and enjoy the chance to catch up with what is happening in the Premier League and Championship.... exciting start tonight, with a cracking first game, so roll on the new season! I think new boys Fulham and Wolves could ruffle a few established feathers......

Edited by south_tyne

Not the world's best start to the Championship for Derby County. Still, start as you mean to go on...

We did - we beat Reading 2-1.

Yesterday we were outclassed by a team who, equally outclassed an ex Premier League side the week before. I believe Leeds will be right up there this season.

Frank Lampard has bought in a lot of players, and there are some very good young players amongst them. It will take time to mould them into a team. Then again promotion is not won or lost in August (we tend to do that from February onwards!!)

Meanwhile in the Highland League Fort William were beaten at home ten - nil yesterday and have so far conceded 38 goals in four games. This seems to be the norm for them but the mere fact that they turn up every week for a drubbing shows they are playing for the love of the game. No glory hunters at that team I feel. 

• Like 4

Meanwhile in the Highland League Fort William were beaten at home ten - nil yesterday and have so far conceded 38 goals in four games. This seems to be the norm for them but the mere fact that they turn up every week for a drubbing shows they are playing for the love of the game. No glory hunters at that team I feel. 

I always like to look at the Highland League scores, not least to see how many Fort William have lost by!

It must be a great league for the statisticians - you'll see that last season, 4 teams scored over 100 goals, and another 4 let in over 100. Just look at the goal difference of the top and bottom finishers:

post-6742-0-92753800-1534073470.jpg

I also like to follow the Lowland League results - though they're not half as entertaining - as that is the current home of what's left of "my" Scottish club, Gretna. After reaching the dizzying heights of European football earlier this century, they've reformed as Gretna 2008 and are now a distinctly average Lowland League side.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

A great start to the season for the mighty CPFC - made even better by B&HA's loss at Watford.

Looking forward to playing a decent team in Liverpool, a week tomorrow - another one of Roy's former clubs - lets put them to the sword too!

• RMweb Gold

A great start to the season for the mighty CPFC - made even better by B&HA's loss at Watford.

Looking forward to playing a decent team in Liverpool, a week tomorrow - another one of Roy's former clubs - lets put them to the sword too!

We'll defend with our shield then counter you with a blow to the heart...touche!

well finnaly they have got around to naming a section of ice station zebra after the greatest manager the club has ever had and will unviel the North stand as "The Joe Royle stand " before tuesday nights cup game v Derby County .shame its the only part of the ground not owned by the club.

• RMweb Gold

Not forgetting a 16-0 cup defeat, although you could argue that they were unlucky in the draw.

• RMweb Gold

Not forgetting a 16-0 cup defeat, although you could argue that they were unlucky in the draw.

Every cloud, a silver lining. At least they can concentrate on the league now.

I'm wondering whether I could get a game there. Can't be any worse than the players they have got.

Every cloud, a silver lining. At least they can concentrate on the league now.

I'm wondering whether I could get a game there. Can't be any worse than the players they have got.

Football, two steam trains a day in summer* Fort William has everything

*summer is limited to a few days of fleeting sunshine between the normal steady rain

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Only 10-0 today.

Things are on the up for Fort William.

Although 48 goals against in their first five games isn't the best start to the season.