The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Well I am not nervous about the game tonight,.... yet. 

We have goal scorers, we have pace, and we seem to have a good team spirit and belief. We have a chance.

Croatia will also know they have a chance, but I think we can do it tonight....

In other words, "it's Croatia! WCPGW?"

• RMweb Premium

Never mind the World Cup, Celtic have already got their European campaign underway and the good old low skill crappy Scottish League Cup starts on Saturday! :jester:

I'm looking forward to the Challenge ("Irn Bru") Cup where Forfar Athletic may again get a chance of international action.  I was down in England talking to some football fans recently and to my surprise none of them knew about this prestigious international tournament even though England will have two sides in it!

Menwhile, no doubt back to more tedious matters......

DT

Edited by Torper

I'm looking forward to the Challenge ("Irn Bru") Cup where Forfar Athletic may again get a chance of international action.  I was down in England talking to some football fans recently and to my surprise none of them knew about this prestigious international tournament even though England will have two sides in it!

Menwhile, no doubt back to more tedious matters......

DT

Aye - back in the 1970s the mid league Scottish clubs like Airdrie could look forward to playing Manchester City, Derby County, Huddersfield and Nottingham Forest, now we have Sutton United and Boreham Wood - woo hoo!

Jim

Disappointed by the result, but the team have exceeded all expectations and will come home with their heads held high.  

They still have the 3rd/4th place playoff before they can come home. 

Another encounter with Belgium, I believe. 

• RMweb Premium

Hi again,

I managed to see a bit of tonight's game; the team played exciting football, and can be proud of themselves, despite losing.  Like others, I hope Southgate is encouraged and enabled to build on what he has done.  I also think that they should all get a hero's welcome when they return home.

Regards,

Alex.

No disgrace whatsoever in tonight's result as England have taken their limited game plan as far as they could reasonably be expected to.

They have come up a little bit short against opponents with some world class players..

England could be really dangerous in future tournaments if they can develop some creativity in open play.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Like many posts before a great performance by England in the World Cup and a great step forward after recent poor performances.

I really feel we have the nucleus for a brighter future under Southgate and I hope we give him and the squad time to develop.

Great support for England both in Russia and around the UK not seen since 1966

Perhaps now I can get back to some modelling.