The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

You need to look at the photo in the quote I did of RD's earlier post, not just at that photo, Joseph, the two go together, for some reason his photo didn't show up so my post lost some of the intended impact... It was just in reply to that post which sought to exonerate him, and I agree my picture is equally misleading, but it just to show that looking at different angles and times can show very different stories... 

Edited by Hobby

• RMweb Gold

You need to look at the photo in the quote I did of RD's earlier post, not just at that photo, Joseph, the two go together, for some reason his photo didn't show up so my post lost some of the intended impact... It was just in reply to that post which sought to exonerate him, and I agree my picture is equally misleading, but it just to show that looking at different angles and times can show very different stories... 

I did look at the earlier photo. And yes, it is equally misleading.

Only video of the incident, from several angles, would really give a proper interpretation. The referee only ever gets one angle although I do wonder what the assistant referee was doing on this occasion. He would have been very close to it.

Well it looks like tomorrow nights second instalment of this seasons el flatcapio derby at spotland may just be the most decisive yet with both the Latics and the Dale separated by a point as they battle to escape the relegation trapdoor that has already claimed  an expensively put together but poorly managed Bury and looking likely to claim mk franchise and Northampton could be an absolute cracker of a game 1800 away tickets sold and many more expected to pay on the day its gonna be a hell of an atmosphere .

Great news to hear Accrington Stanley have achieved automatic promotion. Now for them to go on and win the division title. Word of warning for the others in League One...the Mother-in-Law is a Stanley Ultra...

My team, Exeter City postponed the promotion party by three days, but good luck to Accrington in League 1.

Whether Exeter can join them in League 1 I don't know, third place is an outside possibility,

more likely we will be back to play-offs, hopefully to do better at Wembley this time,

cheers

THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS FRIGHTFUL

BUT DERBY COUNTY ARE SO DELIGHTFUL

WARNOCK’S GOT NO PLACE TO GO

CAMERON JEROME, CAMERON JEROME, CAMERON JEROME.

Fantastic to send that moaning, obnoxious, worm back to Cardiff empty handed.

Stick to complaining about weather and helping your captain make cheap home movies.

Egg on face suits Neil Warnock and Sean Morrison so well.

see Steven Gerard is favourite for the Rangers job must be his ability to stop Brendan Rodgers winning the title

Steven Gerard must be off his rocker wanting to take on that role, he will soon find that the unbelievably high expectations of the supporters will far outstrip the resources that will be made available to him (the club are still not financially stable) and chances are that they will turn on him big style.  He can expect to receive a torrent of abuse and sadly his religion will no doubt be one target of that abuse.  If I was Gerard I would not go near Ibrox.

Jim

Steven Gerard must be off his rocker wanting to take on that role, he will soon find that the unbelievably high expectations of the supporters will far outstrip the resources that will be made available to him (the club are still not financially stable) ....

At the end of the day, he also needs to gain greater experience in management, so if he can handle some / most / all the difficulties that Rangers have to offer, it will be useful for his own development.

• RMweb Premium

Steven Gerard must be off his rocker wanting to take on that role, he will soon find that the unbelievably high expectations of the supporters will far outstrip the resources that will be made available to him (the club are still not financially stable) and chances are that they will turn on him big style.  He can expect to receive a torrent of abuse and sadly his religion will no doubt be one target of that abuse.  If I was Gerard I would not go near Ibrox.

Jim

Agreed, the religion thing is at the heart of the difference between Rangers & Celtic. Maybe it would be overlooked with some successes (especially beating Celtic), but obviously that could only possibly come with time. Continuing to lose against Celtic (like last weekend!), could only be a disaster.

Have many big name Rangers players been RC? I suspect not.

• RMweb Premium

At the end of the day, he also needs to gain greater experience in management, so if he can handle some / most / all the difficulties that Rangers have to offer, it will be useful for his own development.

Sadly, an experienced manager is hardly going to manage a Scottish club, given that good managers would have many Premier League/European clubs, come offering much larger contracts, than Rangers could possibly afford. Arsenal and quite possibly Chelsea are two for starters, for next season, with money to burn.

Ranger are more likely to attract a developing manager, or a suitable Scotsman.