The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

The way things are going, he'll probably outlast Conte!

I wonder if that Badajoko fellow will outlast Conte. His skill set seems to have completely deserted him since leaving Monaco:

"Bakayoko has been compared to Yaya Touré due to his strong all-round qualities of pace, intelligent reading of the game, ability to intercept passes and accomplished tackling, passing and dribbling, as well as being physically powerful and athletic. He plays as a defensive midfielder in the centre of the pitch, breaking up attacks and making driving forward runs, with only Gabi and Danny Drinkwater breaking up more attacks during the 2016–17 Champions League"

Unrecognisable to me as a neutral and a very poor replacement for, I assume, Matic

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Premium

think the last straw for conte may have been chelsea u21s exit from the efl cup last night to lincoln 

I wonder how they'll go against WBA on Monday at The Bridge? Surely they have to win that!

Brilliant performance last night from Spurs.  I thought we were in trouble after going two down in the first 10 minutes, but then all came good and we once the penalty was missed, it was clear it was going to be our night.  Just need to play as well at Wembley now...

And how about Liverpool.....They were in great form up front and made Porto look very ordinary....

• Like 1

....how about Liverpool.....They were in great form up front and made Porto look very ordinary....

I'd be happy if Liverpool can do enough to nick runner-up in the PL this season. Clearly nobody can overhaul Man City the rate they're going, and the League title is theirs to lose.....

With my current luck at the bookies, West Ham will finish above city if I keep backing Pep's gang to win..

Agreed, well done to Spurs.

Save your money for this season as West Ham are already 42 points adrift of Man.City with only 33 points to play for. Your only hope for this season is that Man City get docked 10 points for being way too good for the rest of the Premier League. :jester:

• RMweb Premium

Save your money for this season as West Ham are already 42 points adrift of Man.City with only 33 points to play for. Your only hope for this season is that Man City get docked 10 points for being way too good for the rest of the Premier League. :jester:

Lets hope that City collapse in a heap next season, just like Chelsea have this year, after running away with the title last season.

Lets hope that City collapse in a heap next season, just like Chelsea have this year, after running away with the title last season.

Err... Why? We are playing good football at the moment, you'd rather us go backwards??

I'd rather the rest (or at least some of the current top 6) start to play some decent football like City... I enjoyed watching City play Spurs and Liverpool (even though we lost that one) because they played us with good football, as have some of the lower clubs and even some from lower divisions... Will be interesting to see how Arsenal decide to play the cup final, Liverpool have proved it's possible to play us at our own game, will they?

Edited by Hobby
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Guys, be cool. I supported Fulham when they were 91st in the league. I haven't been since the a/se did us 3-1 at home.*. Love your team, if you can afford it! I used to have change from a fiver.

Too much cash for me, now.

*Actually my last game was a 2-2 home draw with the gas, lost on replay.

• RMweb Gold

Well done to battling Rochdale and the only F.A.Cup Tie really worth watching this weekend.

I'm looking forward to the ANTB match up in the quarter final between you and Colin Penfold/ Stubby47  :jester: 

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to the ANTB match up in the quarter final between you and Colin Penfold/ Stubby47  :jester:

Yeah Leicester are outnumbered even on ANTB :jester: and history is against us with one measly win against Chelsea in thirteen attempts in Cup competitions.

The problem with (Cup) games like Spurs v Rochdale is that the Premier League team is on a hiding to nothing. They're expected to win because they are in the higher League. Therefore, if they do, the comments are 'So what? You beat a lower League team. You're supposed to.' If they lose, everybody laughs.

I just hope we win the replay.

steve

• RMweb Premium

The problem with (Cup) games like Spurs v Rochdale is that the Premier League team is on a hiding to nothing. They're expected to win because they are in the higher League. Therefore, if they do, the comments are 'So what? You beat a lower League team. You're supposed to.' If they lose, everybody laughs.

I just hope we win the replay.

steve

Must be why so many PL clubs rest their key players, in FA & League Cup games, in the early rounds at least. Frequently they have bring on the big guns 20/15 minutes  from the end.

There is, and always have been too much hype over the Premiership IMO. Ok there are some good players but equally there are good players throughout the leagues who get little regard and teams spoken down to by the media. I still remember a comment of "agricultural" when a player of non fancied club ran from the edge of his own penalty area with the ball and slotted neatly it past the opposition goalie. Now if it had been one of the Premiership superstars it would no doubt be in the running fro goal of the season.

Congrats to Wigan tonight. A great result, proving the FA Cup is alive and well. Ok so City rested one or two players but it was still a world class team.

Personally I felt it was a red card as Delph was reckless and over the ball. Sad to see the scenes from the City end following the game. There is a thing called losing with grace.