The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

I see that after failing at Rangers, Mark Warburton has now been sacked by Nottingham Forest.

Wasn't he thought at one time to be the best thing since sliced bread?

I think he forgot to add the yeast and it has all fallen flat at the City Ground. Not that I find it funny of course, they sack their manager after losing to the whipping boys of the division, we win again and climb to 2nd in the league. Gary Rowett's sacking at Birmingham, when they were 7th, looks more and more of a joke.

• RMweb Gold

So with Sheffield Wednesday occupying the bottom half of the Championship the owners decided Carvalhal wasn't up to the job and sacked him. Swansea, rock bottom of the Premier League, sack their manager and decide Carvalhal is the man to save then even though he has never managed in the Premier.

I'd love to know the thought process.

He was recommended by Cardiff City apparently.....

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

OK, so you have all been given a one match start! It's the end of 38 games that count.

Edit to add

Bournemouth

Stoke

Brighton

Newcastle

Palace

West Ham

Have already failed to take advantage of this kind offer.

An update on this.

So Chelsea have climbed their way up to 2nd spot now!

Only Manchester City to go now. :-)

Whisper it gently.

But we probably won't!

I've been wondering how long before we'd stumble... At least the run has seen the odd record fall which together with Kane's record has made 2017 interesting!

The way some of the haters are talking over on the Beeb's website you'd have thought that we lost the game! (Nearly but not quite!) Every good run has to come to an end at some point...

More interesting is how long United can put up with the Moaning One... 

• RMweb Gold

Watched Stoke lose again today...when things aren’t going right for you it’s painful to watch.

Need to keep the faith...Good to see Gordon Banks in the crowd watching them...the main reason I have supported them for 45+ years...

Well considering how badly he's managing such an expensive squad I'd have though there would be some around who could get out of their contracts and do better, and there's Giggs who I feel would do better than him at the moment...

• RMweb Premium

Well considering how badly he's managing such an expensive squad I'd have though there would be some around who could get out of their contracts and do better, and there's Giggs who I feel would do better than him at the moment...

No, let the Moaning One stay. We don't want him back at Chelsea, thank you!

Although if Giggs took over all the players would have to lock up their wives!

• RMweb Gold

He should be careful. A cup exit to a bunch of no hopers cost Mark Hughes his job.

I resent that remark, we played well. Our pitch resembled yours back in the 70s too.PUSB

Disrespect the opposition, disrespect the competition, disrespect your own club's fans - well done Arsene,.....

Too arrogant to even have an adequate "insurance policy" on the bench in case things go a bit pear shaped, but well played Forest.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

I resent that remark, we played well. Our pitch resembled yours back in the 70s too.PUSB

Yes you deserved it - Stoke were desperate...and Sparky must have been told at the board meeting last week if you lose that match then that’s the final straw...the way he shook hands, clapped his hands for a split second above his head and went straight down the tunnel said it all really.

That said I see Martin O’Neill and the Derby boss are current favourites :O

Edited by bcnPete

Disrespect the opposition, disrespect the competition, disrespect your own club's fans - well done Arsene,.....

Too arrogant to even have an adequate "insurance policy" on the bench in case things go a bit pear shaped, but well played Forest.

My senior colleague had a cloud over her head this morning because of this match!

Yes you deserved it - Stoke were desperate...and Sparky must have been told at the board meeting last week if you lose that match then that’s the final straw...the way he shook hands, clapped his hands for a split second above his head and went straight down the tunnel said it all really.

That said I see Martin O’Neill and the Derby boss are current favourites :O

Stoke can keep their hands off our manager!