The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

As I suspected, Phil Neville has put his name forward for the vacancy at Goodison. After his time at Valencia, sorry, but I am not convinced!

Ryan Giggs also being mentioned. No, we need someone with good solid Prem League experience at this stage.

• RMweb Gold

OK, I'm not an England supporter. But you have to be impressed by the performance of the U-17s in their World Cup final. Took Spain apart!

The fifth goal especially, was as good as anything we will see in the Prem this year.

Just hope that the Prem clubs will know how to bring these players forward. Too many good young players have disappeared in the pro game. These guys could represent an amazing future for English football. 2022 may be a bit soon for them but they really could be a force in 2026 if the clubs don't mess it up.

• Like 2

The future is looking bleak for Morecambe this season. They usually start the season with a few wins and those points stand them in good stead at the end of the season; not so this year. They have had a very poor start and without a drastic turn around they already look doomed. There are things going on behind the scenes that are not helping, I hope the players are getting paid regularly now, not a lot, but getting paid.

The future is looking bleak for Morecambe this season. They usually start the season with a few wins and those points stand them in good stead at the end of the season; not so this year. They have had a very poor start and without a drastic turn around they already look doomed. There are things going on behind the scenes that are not helping, I hope the players are getting paid regularly now, not a lot, but getting paid.

not the only club struggling players and staff at Oldham paid two weeks late last month and this isnt the first time yet things ON the field have picked up with four wins two draws and today a first defeat since richie wellens took charge with a takeover imminent hopefully things are on the way up at ice station zebra 

• RMweb Gold

OK, I'm not an England supporter. But you have to be impressed by the performance of the U-17s in their World Cup final. Took Spain apart!

The fifth goal especially, was as good as anything we will see in the Prem this year.

Just hope that the Prem clubs will know how to bring these players forward. Too many good young players have disappeared in the pro game. These guys could represent an amazing future for English football. 2022 may be a bit soon for them but they really could be a force in 2026 if the clubs don't mess it up.

An excellent display by both the U17's and U20's winning their respective world cups.

Time to shift the disinterested deadweights, team and manager, from the Russia 2018 squad and replace with some of these lads who look like they enjoy the game and never give up on a lost cause. Lets face it, we won't win the world cup, so what harm can it do?

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

An excellent display by both the U17's and U20's winning their respective world cups.

Time to shift the disinterested deadweights, team and manager, from the Russia 2018 squad and replace with some of these lads who look like they enjoy the game and never give up on a lost cause. Lets face it, we won't win the world cup, so what harm can it do?

Mike.

You might ask Theo Walcott that. Taken to a World Cup too young (and inexperienced) and never lived up to his potential since. However good these lads are, putting them in against experienced pros with much greater physique could be very damaging.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell

You might ask Theo Walcott that. Taken to a World Cup too young (and inexperienced) and never lived up to his potential since. However good these lads are, putting them in against experienced pros with much greater physique could be very damaging.

as can them spending the next five years playing academy and under 23 fixtures which is where most will be as clubs churn through there cycle of managers and foreign imports as impatient fans/boards seek the glory of the gaining/staying in the premier league before they are cast aside to drop through the leagues aged 23 as high wage expectations stifle their chances  

• Like 1

Mike.

as can them spending the next five years playing academy and under 23 fixtures which is where most will be as clubs churn through there cycle of managers and foreign imports as impatient fans/boards seek the glory of the gaining/staying in the premier league before they are cast aside to drop through the leagues aged 23 as high wage expectations stifle their chances  

Appropriate comments to a degree today, which marks 80 years of a home grown player in the matchday squad, if you're good enough you're old enough....Even in this day and age with that well known hater of youth in charge, most appearances this season, Marcus Rashford.

http://www.90min.com/posts/5740303-man-utd-celebrate-80th-anniversary-of-incredible-home-grown-players-record

• RMweb Gold

Both very valid points, but if the lads are sent to get experience only, with no pressure being put on them, then maybe worth a punt?

It would of course assume a degree of protection from referees against the tricks the older pro's get up to, so no chance really.

Mike.

Breaking news in case Belokon v Oyston ref. Blackpool FC.

High Court judgement passed down awards  £31.2 million + interest (believed since 2010/11) + costs against Oystons.

As a B'pool supporter, all I can say is   WOW   let's hope it's the end of the Oystons.

• RMweb Gold

Breaking news in case Belokon v Oyston ref. Blackpool FC.

High Court judgement passed down awards  £31.2 million + interest (believed since 2010/11) + costs against Oystons.

As a B'pool supporter, all I can say is   WOW   let's hope it's the end of the Oystons.

I hope it doesn't have too detrimental an affect on your club.

I hope it doesn't have too detrimental an affect on your club.

Shouldn't have any negative effect.  Judgement states specifically that money is not to come out of BFC coffers (not that a great deal remains therein!).  Judgement is against Karl & Owen Oyston personally and also Segasta - a "holding company" they set up to make it easier for them to re-direct money from "the football side of the business".  Looks as though all of the unsecured, interest-free loans made by Segasta to other Oyston-related companies may have to be recalled.  That should be fun  .  .  .  .

Apparently tight controls imposed on payment terms with some/many/all Oyston assets being frozen to prevent them disappearing from the face of the earth.

Seems that the judge is very aware of the Oystons' previous behaviour and their skills in the field of avoidance!

With luck this could effectively see them forced out of the club, and not before time.  May also be that they no longer meet the "fitness for ownership" test (or whatever it's called) although whether the FA/FL will see any need to act is another question altogether.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Surprised there's been no comment on this http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41702779

I liked Bilic as a person, honest and generous. Perhaps not the qualities need for top management.

I hope we don't get Moyes; not a good fit in my opinion.

Rob

Oh well the inevitable has happened and Moyes has been appointed. Don't know the terms yet, whether just until end of season and then review.

Hope I'm proved wrong and we stay up, but it's not a suitable long term answer.

Rob

• RMweb Gold

Oh well the inevitable has happened and Moyes has been appointed. Don't know the terms yet, whether just until end of season and then review.

Hope I'm proved wrong and we stay up, but it's not a suitable long term answer.

Rob

Not in the West Ham tradition. But then nor was Big Sam. These days the owners are just worried about the money not the club's traditions.