The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

Well that's 90 minutes I won't get back. I could have said I'd been watching the grass grow but it was a plastic pitch!!

Degrading plastic is quite interesting involving quite a few steps with light (UV), the environment, temperature, atmosphere, ….... zzzz z z ZZZ z z z....

Kev.

have to feel for all those jocks there they were dreaming of a summer with the cossacks instead there spending a summer in the trossachs 

....while watching the footage of English fans in pitched battles with their friendly hosts (remember Marseille).  The papers are already full of predictions of a "festival of violence", I seriously don't mind sitting this one out.  Don't expect the local cops will be terribly helpful either.

Jim

Well the Shakespearean Tragedy at Leicester City has run it's course a few games early than I expected, although I'm not entirely surprised after last night's tepid display against WBA.

The owners should have given Shakespeare a £1M bonus at the end of last season and thanked him very much for getting the short term "bounce" needed to avoid almost certain relegation under Ranieri, but they should never appointed him as full time.manager.

Shakespeare won 7 of his first ten Premiership games in charge and only one of his last eleven. I suppose he might be unlucky in that our league defeats this season have been against Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool,  but we haven't managed to beat any of the mediocre and poor Premiership sides that we have played so far this season, apart from Brighton who were still finding their feet in the Prem at the time.

Still never mind the owners have got Nigel Pearson back "on board" at their Belgian club......they wouldn't would they.......?

• RMweb Gold

Well the Shakespearean Tragedy at Leicester City has run it's course a few games early than I expected, although I'm not entirely surprised after last night's tepid display against WBA.

The owners should have given Shakespeare a £1M bonus at the end of last season and thanked him very much for getting the short term "bounce" needed to avoid almost certain relegation under Ranieri, but they should never appointed him as full time.manager.

Shakespeare won 7 of his first ten Premiership games in charge and only one of his last eleven. I suppose he might be unlucky in that our league defeats this season have been against Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool,  but we haven't managed to beat any of the mediocre and poor Premiership sides that we have played so far this season, apart from Brighton who were still finding their feet in the Prem at the time.

Still never mind the owners have got Nigel Pearson back "on board" at their Belgian club......they wouldn't would they.......?

And I thought Koeman was next in line for a P45.

The owners should have given Shakespeare a £1M bonus at the end of last season and thanked him very much for getting the short term "bounce" needed to avoid almost certain relegation under Ranieri, but they should never appointed him as full time.manager....

I'm only surprised you're not running the show at Leicester  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

And I thought Koeman was next in line for a P45.

Everton's board has announced that Koeman has their full support.

Watch tis space.

To be honest though, I would give such a statement from Everton more credence than a similar statement from most other clubs.  Their chairman/board seem genuinely supportive and back their managers.

well a very big welcome to richie wellans to the managers hot seat at boundary park  after a very good spell as caretaker manager which saw us unbeaten in five league &cup games garnering 10 from a possible 12 points hopefully he will get to see out his new two year contract unlike th other 22 managers who havent in the 22 years since we dropped into league 1 

I'm only surprised you're not running the show at Leicester  :jester:

I may have to step in, as I see Alan Pardew is "interested" in the Leicester managerial job, but with the proviso that the buffoons in player recruitment team obtain some accurate watches before the next transfer window.

I may have to step in, as I see Alan Pardew is "interested" in the Leicester managerial job, but with the proviso that the buffoons in player recruitment team obtain some accurate watches before the next transfer window.

What's fourteen seconds between friends.  :triniti:

Jose's face on the interview just after the game was worth the licence fee alone... Priceless!

I wouldn't have liked to be on the team bus back to Manchester...

Obviously, he doesn't know about The War Of The Roses.  It is still going on. :jester:

• RMweb Gold

Koeman's sacking - didn't see that coming not ;)

The fixtures list has been a bit unkind to him. Chelsea, Man City & Man U away and then an in-form Arsenal at home. The feeble loss at home to Burnley was probably worse.

But he really did seem at a loss to know how to turn things round. Worrying thing is that I can't see any good replacement candidates right now - and more than a few that would definitely be a poor choice..

Considering the money Koeman had splashed out in the summer, I was not surprised to hear today's news. I saw some of their poor surrender to Arsenal yesterday on tv and thought that he looked like a man who knew his time was up.