The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Premium

I am still at a loss as to why experts and commentators are saying Allardyce has gone for 'non footballing reasons' - for example Phil McNulty's latest offering. I cannot see how much more 'footballing' you can be, with discussions on how to circumvent rules set by the FA, UEFA and FIFA on third-party ownership.

Should he have lost his job for a catastrophic lack of judgement? Well, Steve McLaren did, and had he not resigned, Hodgeson would not have had his contract renewed, for the same reasons - bad decisions and judgement. It is one of the main requirements for a manager.

Not sure where he goes from here. Still, there's always Derby County...

Leeds United have Cellino making that club a laughing stock and it looks like Derby County have Mellino beginning to do the same with Derby...

The next manager will have to be an accomplished Morris dancer to survive more than a few months.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

Leeds United have Cellino making that club a laughing stock ......

As a 'Whites' fan don't talk to me about that questionable individual. We've been glued to mid table for years now. At least it isn't the 'Vanarama league'....well not yet...like my local team Torquay.

Edited by Re6/6

Eddie Howe has red and black blood flowing through his veins. He is AFCB through and through. He will, of course,leave at some stage and I fear for AFCB if and when he does. Suspect that magic will die when he does leave and we can look forward to D1 and D2 again. After all when he left for Burnley after his first spell at AFCB we dropped off pretty quickly and he had to rescue us on return. I know he left Burnley in mid-table in the Championship but do wonder if he left Sean Dyche the foundation for success.

If Nigel Pearson is shortly to become unemployed, there's always the England job.........

My Senior colleague has, as of this afternoon, declared her interest in the England manager's job, on the basis that it's high time that a bunch of women were led by a proper woman.

• Like 2

Leeds United have Cellino making that club a laughing stock and it looks like Derby County have Mellino beginning to do the same with Derby...

The next manager will have to be an accomplished Morris dancer to survive more than a few months.

No. Had no choice to let him go. Poor results, obnoxious man. Once you lose the players and physically attack the chairman (allegedly) you are gone!

Which football club has had thirteen managers since 2001......

I need some clues:

Have the club ever played in a kit like this?:

post-9751-0-73062000-1475168620.jpg

Has this cheerful chap ever managed the club?:

post-9751-0-09474000-1475169049.jpg

Edited by cary hill

My Senior colleague has, as of this afternoon, declared her interest in the England manager's job, on the basis that it's high time that a bunch of women were led by a proper woman.

I forgot to mention that she also said that, as a lifelong Arsenal fan, she knows exactly how to manage disappointment.  :jester:

• RMweb Gold

So how would she deal with escaping relegation by the skin of the teams teeth? Some of us have to accept that as 'success' - and there's no entitlement to it.

National teams can't be relegated. But you could be on to something there :-)

So how would she deal with escaping relegation by the skin of the teams teeth? Some of us have to accept that as 'success' - and there's no entitlement to it.

Mid table obscurity is a distant dream for supporters of many teams, however it does make success all the sweeter when it occasionally happens.

My team (Exeter City) have just broken an (unwanted) club record by achieving five straight home defeats for the first time.

How many managers would still be safe in their job with a record of two wins in the last 21 home games? Not many I suspect.

cheers 

• RMweb Premium

Spot on Two Sugars and since there are none of the league derbies you mention this season, that's six points the Black Cats can't count on. Aye, 'Pools could well carry the banner for the region this year.

Horsetan, If the England team hadn't failed to deliver so spectacularly during the Summer, the FA would probably have continued to ignore the Stadium, we may not have had to recruit a new manager so late in the close season and could possibly have looked forward to a year of mid table mediocracy.( And someone might still have had a job - no not That Job). I suppose national teams do get relegated, in terms of World/ European rankings.

This, however is the only sentence you're realistically likely to read which includes Arsenal anywhere near Relegation.

If Sunderland could experience one season of the kind of disappointment some Arsenal fans have recently complained of, the Wear would overflow with tears of joy.

• Like 1