The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

Club Brugge 0 Leicester City 3.....an almost perfect start in the Champions League.....away win, a clean sheet and top of the Group.

I was fearing the worst after Liverpool ripped us to shreds last Saturday by playing in and through the gaping holes where Kante used to patrol, but we didn't miss him tonight as Club Brugge were distinctly average.

I can't wait to hear that Champions League "music" playing before the Home match against Oporto in a couple of weeks time.

Just enjoying the moment eight and a bit years after that joker Holloway dragged the club down to Tier 3 for the only time in their history.

There can't be many clubs in the history of C1 that have won their first ever match 3-0 away.

• Like 1

There can't be many clubs in the history of C1 that have won their first ever match 3-0 away.

According to one newspaper Leicester are the first English club in the Champions League "era" to win their first away Champions League match, but I guess some of the other nine English clubs may have faced Barcelona or Bayern and not Brugge.

According to one newspaper Leicester are the first English club in the Champions League "era" to win their first away Champions League match, but I guess some of the other nine English clubs may have faced Barcelona or Bayern and not Brugge.

Definitely wrong.....although it could be semantics......

In the Champions league era (CL starting in 92) United won their first away game at Kispest Honved 3-2 in '93. I know I was there.....

In the European Cup era United as the first English entrant beat Anderlecht 2-0 away in the first away game.....I wasn't there.....

• RMweb Gold

Yes,but it was played by Men wearing proper boots and using a Heavy Leather ball.

I don't mind at all that they use a lighter ball and more comfortable boots. But why do the boots have to be such hideous colours, often clashing with the club kit?

And while on that subject saw Sunderland on last night's MotD2. This year's away kit even worse than last year. Surely they don't expect many supporters to buy that?!

• RMweb Gold

I believe that goalkeepers get a bit too much protection these days. But Leigh Mason's failure to see that the attacker had headed Stekelenberg's arm rather than the ball was right up there with the poorest reffing decisions.

We suffered a lot with refs last year but fortunately this mistake did not prevent us taking the 3 points. At this rate, we could be safe from relegation by Xmas.

Football has lost one of its great unsung heroes today. After 60 years as a reserve player, kit man, physio and many other behind the scenes roles at Derby County, Gordon Gurhrie has passed away today. This man would have bled black and white. Derby County is a poorer club tonight. RIP Gordy!

• RMweb Gold

Our near neighbours Coventry City have just slumped to their lowest league position for nearly 60 years so here's something to cheer up their long suffering fans up.

One of the best ever F.A.Cup Final goals:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q5-ANGlhuM

Nearly thirty years ago but feels like yesterday. I was stood behind that goal and knew at the time it was an iconic goal.The club today is a shambles and bottom of the third division.Great memories David.

Here we go again....http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37479135

...another 'Bung gate'...when will they ever learn.....?

Hasn't he had possible previous form for this involving his agent son about 10 years ago?

Nowhere near as bad as the eighties/early nineties when you could hardly move at motorway service stations in the Nottingham area without bumping into Brian Clough clutching a brown paper bag.....probably containing a Big Mac....

Newspaper 'stings' always worry me; mainly for the real motives behind them.

If your face doesn't fit, and you speak your mind to certain influential folk who are used only to "yes men", they will find ways to get you out.