The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

So Portugal have reached the semi finals but are yet to win any game in 90 minutes. The only match they have actually won, excluding penalties, was with a 117th minute strike being their first attempt on target of the game.

Don't quite know what that says about the rest of the competition.

I'm sure not many people need reminding how relieved we were to miss Portugal and get Iceland in the last round......

What a difference a week makes......

• RMweb Gold

I am amazed at all the fuss that people are making about losing one match. Let's have a bit of a reality check here.

Iceland were rated at 33 in the world before the tournament. They got a draw against Portugal.

This is really about the equivalent to a Premiership side losing an FA Cup tie to a team in the lower reaches of the Championship, really not that remarkable.

interesting developments at ice station zebra sean o driscol in as director of football peter shirtliff in as defensive coach  and shefqui couchi being interviewed as manager things finnaly looking up for us long suffering latics fans now just need to sign another ten players to put a team out for our first friendly !

Don't quite know what that says about the rest of the competition.

It's been a largely turgid experience for entertainment value........as you would expect for a tournament with too many teams taking part.

• RMweb Gold

The Welsh players play in the Premiership or lower leagues, the Icelandic players don't have a professional league  - both sides do have heart and passion and a team ethic.

Pride, passion, effort, teamwork and a will to win.

You cannot ask more from your national team than that.

Well done Wales, an outstanding performance.

Robbie Savage doing a passable impression of an Icelandic commentator when the third goal went in (I thought you had to be a miserable old git to be a summariser on the BBC).

Robson-Kanu does a Cryuff, Williams does a Tardelli.

Welsh defending not seen since Rorke's Drift.

Priceless.

• Like 1

Wales deserved to win. They had a plan and team ethic that England didn't .

So it looks like swapped sports - Wales are now top dogs in UK football while England have taken the rugby crown.

G.

I can only think Reading must have some great players if Robson-Kanu is surplus to requirements.

suspect its more to do with parachute payments finishing and being unable or unwilling to meet his deserved wage demands 

• RMweb Premium

The only notes they're taking are banknotes.

To me it still feels like the England players are being told by their club managers not to try too hard, causing an early drop out that gets the players a month's rest before the club season begins.

To me it still feels like the England players are being told by their club managers not to try too hard, causing an early drop out that gets the players a month's rest before the club season begins.

I feared the worst when Danny Drinkwater didn't make the 23 and Mark Noble got nowhere near it.

Hodgson showed his total inability to adapt to evolving circumstances, ignoring players in form and flying to France with half a fed up and tired Spurs team, which just had imploded under pressure in the Premier League, supplemented by a few players from big clubs who played fairly well two seasons ago before they got injured or completely lost form.

I think half about the squad were tired, injured, demoralised or out of form before the tournament started and so it's no surprise that another early exit occurred.