The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Robson-Kanu's not alone, there eight other Anglos in the Welsh squad but who cares.

A bit like (Sir) Bradley Wiggins, born in Belgium, Mo Farrah born in Somalia (?), and countless England cricketers born in South Africa.......

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Iceland then. The population of Iceland is about the same as Leicester's and both seem to be punching well above their weight on the football field.

No history or ghosts in that fixture than playing you know who.

Well done Ireland. Cracking match.

Good to see Derby's pair playing well.

Congrats to ROI. I think Hendrick's value has risen considerably after his performances in the Sweden and Italy games. Great to see them gain their first clean sheet after giving Keogh his first start.

• RMweb Gold

Well done Iceland. For such a small population that's some achievement. Didn't you just love their commentator who could've done an injury to his voice!

Even better than that Norwegian.....!

Generally all a bit unexpected with all these less fancied and smaller nations getting through to the knock-outs. 

"Nobody turns down Arsenal when they come calling......."  (assorted pundits).... well there might be an exception to that rule:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36606270

I suppose Arsenal could be back for Kante and/or Mahrez, who are both "French", and seem more like "Wenger" signings, but I suspect big foreign clubs will also be interested, especially if Kante keeps having praise heaped on him at the Euros.

King Richard III has renewed his season ticket which is good news as we've only lost 4 out of 47 League matches since he started watching over us.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

One expects England to get to the knock-outs but the Home Nations AND ROI bL**dy marvelous!!"!!

Doesn't often happen in this competition for England, though.I think this is only the third occasion it has done. In the World Cup there are normally 'easy' teams in your group, but this rarely happens in the Euros.