The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

Clattenburg is proving very effective as Man.Utd's 12th man so far by snuffing any Palace danger by refusing to play advantage, quite  contrary to his normal "laissez-faire" approach......

Clattenburg normally doesn't bring play back unless a player has clearly been decapitated..........by Fellaini's elbow

Football could learn here from Rugby Union.

Clattenburg is proving very effective as Man.Utd's 12th man so far by snuffing out any Palace danger by refusing to play advantage, quite  contrary to his normal "laissez-faire" approach....

The first one, he was quite correct to blow his whistle as both players went down in the challenge. Nobody could anticipate one of players (the attacking player in this case) would subsequently get up and continue playing, after the whistle was blown.

The other one, on the other wing later on, he could have let play continue, as it was right back on the half way line.

Then again, he let a number of very bad fouls by a couple of Palace players go unpunished. Delaney should have been booked in the first half and again early in the second. His eventual booking should have been his marching orders.

Cabaye escaped a couple of certain bookings and should have got a straight red for his stamp on Marcus Rashford.

Still, a brave fight by Palace and their determination paid off with a very well taken goal.

Fitting that the tie should be won by another superb strike.

Two subs having the biggest impact on the game.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Mixed emotions, heart with Palace, head with Man U.

When Palace scored I thought there goes our(WHU) chance at European football.

Credit to Man U. they found a way back and Lingard's strike certainly deserved to win any final.

Not a great match, but plenty of drama in the last 40 mins or so.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Surely not!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36351371

One hopes this is just the BBC getting ahead of themselves, but if not, surely the timing is as about as inappropriate as it could get? Could they not have given him a day or two to celebrate winning the FA cup.

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus

Just to prove I don't forget former loyal Leicester players:

Conrad Logan, our former long serving reserve goalkeeper and who only played 23 first team matches in 10 years at Leicester seems to have had his fifteen minutes of fame last weekend:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36063698

I wonder how loyal his current manager will be when he selects his team for the final?

Very loyal as it turned out, as he now has a Scottish Cup Winners Medal, as Hibernian won the Scottish Cup for first time in 114 years.

Rather puts Wayne Rooney's "The fans have had a tough few years..." post F.A. Cup Final comments into context I think....it must be all of 3 years since Man. Utd "won" something.

The Scottish Cup Final was a much better match to watch with the underdogs winning 3-2 in added time, although admittedly Rangers are still not the force they were.

Very loyal as it turned out, as he now has a Scottish Cup Winners Medal, as Hibernian won the Scottish Cup for first time in 114 years.

Rather puts Wayne Rooney's "The fans have had a tough few years..." post F.A. Cup Final comments into context I think....it must be all of 3 years since Man. Utd "won" something.

The Scottish Cup Final was a much better match to watch with the underdogs winning 3-2 in added time, although admittedly Rangers are still not the force they were.

one wonders what mr rooney would of made of hibs "tough few years " waiting for this scotish fa cup win 118 year wait iirc ?

Shame the Hibs supporters disgraced themselves after the match with behaviour that we have not seen since the infamous 1980 riot, unacceptable.

Jim

Nice to see some established traditions still to the fore.  Policeman on white horse re-enacting the scenes of the first final to be played at Wembley (1923) for the Hibs pitch invasion.

First photo in the local Leicester paper's best 20 photos of the season - a double rainbow over the preseason friendly Burton Albion v Leicester City at the Pirelli Stadium, Burton on 28th July 2015.

post-9751-0-08645500-1464049902.jpg

Turns out that there wasn't a crock/pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but a shiny Premier League trophy instead.... :jester:

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 4

....and massively-increased funding?

True and fine as long as you don't waste it all......Shane Long £25M.....I don't think so for a striker who scores every 4th game.....Liverpool can have him....don't they have an agreement to buy all surplus Southampton players anyway......

Edited by cary hill

First photo in the local Leicester paper's best 20 photos of the season - a double rainbow over the preseason friendly Burton Albion v Leicester City at the Pirelli Stadium, Burton on 28th July 2015.

attachicon.gifdouble rainbow at burton albion.jpg

Turns out that there wasn't a crock/pot of gold at the end of rainbow, but a shiny Premier League trophy instead.... :jester:

Burton Albion did not do too badly either.

PROPER FOOTY FAN ?

Hi everyone! A mate of mine has bought tickets to the UEFA Champions league final in Milan this Saturday (Real Madrid v Atletico) ... the problem is that he completely forgot that saturday is his wedding day ... coz he bought the tickets few months before agreeing to the wedding date .... Now, he wants to know if any one is interested in getting married on Saturday????.....

People of Manchester beware!!! Especially when it comes to washing lines
A lady I know has been saving for months and months to buy all her kids the full Manchester United kits
Last night between 11pm and 1am, some dirty lowlife scum, which I can only describe as scum
Managed to get through next doors fence and robbed all her pegs
Please be vigilant, especially if you see people knocking on doors trying to sell pegs.... It was the first time she hung them out..

• Like 1

The best jokes play with the truth, maybe they were City shirts left behind,

post-6861-0-82041500-1464341671_thumb.jpeg

They would appear to be considerably less desirable......

:)