The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Strange vote of confidence there!

Let's see how long it takes for the Leicester Mercury book on the whole thing to be printed.

Ranieri realises that next season's transfer budget has already been spent on those highly irritating (for visiting teams and supporters) "clappers".

Leicester have now spent more on the "clappers" than they did to acquire Mahrez  :jester: . Both good value for the money methinks

There is one definite this year, I WILL be buying the Season review DVD........

Revel in it.

Leicester earned it.

But brace yourself for the usual complaints from the 'top half dozen'.

It wasn't a flook, it's not a one off - it takes season long consistency to win what is arguably the best league in the world.

Leicester as Champions can only be good for the game.

Brian R

Thank goodness the job is already done, as we might be a bit short of players for the Everton game when Huth gets banned for indulging in dark arts of defending a.k.a hair pulling.

Still he's done well to avoid "trouble" for so long this season.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Well done Leicester. Now, I don't want to tempt fate, but can Bournemouth achieve the same feat next season...? ;)

Super Saints next year...

...if we can muster a team after once again our decent players get poached by other clubs.

Athletico Madrid play another blinder. Just 29% possession but still go through on away goals. So Pep loses another semi and it will be ironic if Man City go through to the final and then Pellegrini goes. Supposing they won it......?

Funny game football......

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold

It would be great if the Man City Board's "loyalty" to a manager who has already delivered trophies including the premier league was "rewarded" by him winning them the Champions League, followed by a trophyless season for them under Guardiola.

• Like 1

In time to come, they will call this the "Leicester Method".

I can see some similarities between Athletico Madrid and Leicester as both teams seem able to thrive on minority possession.

Having said that Antoine Griezmann cost Athletico £24M.not far short of the total cost of Leicester's preferred starting XI this season.

If Leicester meet Athletico next season who will have the ball for the other 40% of the time?

I hope we do meet Athletico Madrid, it'll give us a chance to exact some revenge for them dumping us out of the EUFA Cup in 1998 after Gary Parker was sent off 'for taking a free kick to quickly' in the 2nd and getting a controversial penalty in the 1st leg.

Congratulations Leicester! What a fantastic achievement!

Now, all eyes to the Crucible Theatre - can Mark Selby make it a Leicester double tonight? 

Apparently you could have got odds of 22,000 to 1 from one bookmaker on that double, but nobody was "brave" enough to place a bet.

I suppose the Mark Selby "half" of that double made some sense but the other half is still bonkers.

It could turn out to be like Monty Python's Philosophers' Football Match, where Confucius was match referee.

I remember his brother Confusion refereeing that last meeting between Leicester and Athletico as if it was yesterday.

Probably the worst referee I've ever seen in Leicester, apart from sending off Parker for taking a free kick too quickly, he also managed to miss three or four solid penalty shouts for Leicester.

"Referee" Remi Harrel was removed from the UEFA list shortly afterwards. Too late of course.....

Edited by cary hill

....and how about Pellegrini to Man Utd?

Has he signed for anyone yet?

....at 6/1.  Stranger things have happened......Chelsea are sorted and I can't see Athletico splitting from Simeone.  That leaves PSG and Utd plus a few others....

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11679/10152073/chelsea-atletico-valencia-or-even-man-utd-manuel-pellegrinis-options-assessed

• RMweb Gold

AM all day long for me now....and I don't mean ante meridiem.

The signs were there on Saturday against SoooperSaints, for such a rich club you would have thought that even the subs would be quality and put up a show and play for a place but they were terrible.

Edited by PhilH

This is the way Manchester City's European challenge ends not with a bang but with a whimper.

Pathetic really, no  discernible game plan, not a lot of fighting spirit, no transition capability whatsoever, and Aguero in total isolation up front.

Let's hope Kloppmania makes for a more exciting match tonight.

• RMweb Premium

Well that's a couple of hours of my life I won't get back.  Maybe Man City were out partying last night.  Never looked like winning.....

Maybe they're saving themselves for the Premier League title?

Oh, b*gger. Have I missed something?

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 1