The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

not to kill the mood but you have to feel for Dundee utd relegated by their neighbors from across the road ouch 

In the words of Winsor Davies - Oh Dear, How sad, never mind!!  Could be tough for them to get back up, especially with Hibs not guaranteed promotion this year, time for league reconstruction perhaps?

Jim

Edited by luckymucklebackit

• RMweb Premium

I wrote that Leicester's point at Old Trafford was important in that it put so much more pressure on Spurs. Boy, was I right about that? But I certainly did not expect Spurs to react to that pressure as they did. 9 bookings was a let off. 2 should have had straight reds for actions that Clattenburg did see. He was just not in control at all and not helped any by his "assistants" and the fourth official.

Hardly the first time he's failed to control a match - he's one of the worst refs I have ever seen, can ruin a game with his inconsistency and self-importance.

• RMweb Gold

He was the only one in control. Many players and some staff had totally lost control.

When our overpaid prima donnas behave like animals how come it's the ref that gets the blame?

• RMweb Gold

He was the only one in control. Many players and some staff had totally lost control.

When our overpaid prima donnas behave like animals how come it's the ref that gets the blame?

If Clattenberg had sent someone off for a reckless tackle, that would, probably, have calmed the rest of them down. As would sending Pochettino to the stands.

Pochettino should have done Clattenburg a favour by taking Kyle Walker off after his yellow.

I am not unsympathetic to referees. But for a big match like this, you need one who is going to keep control.

Edited by Joseph_Pestell

claphappy.gifclaphappy.gifclaphappy.gifclaphappy.gifclaphappy.gifclaphappy.gifclaphappy.gifclaphappy.gif

We've only gone and done it.........

We've won the bl00dy Premiership  shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

I never thought that I'd see anything like this in my lifetime, I've been following Leicester City for the best part of 45 years, and apart from the 'success' that Martin O'Neill bought us in the late 90's, this is now the 'real' big time for us.

I just hope that we can keep most of our team together, especially the likes of Kante, Schmeichel, Mahrez & Vardy, and we can just improve the squad quality for our, I really can't believe I'm saying this, Champions League Campaign!!

Anyway well done to Claudio and the boys, a lot of praise has to go towards Nigel Pearson for starting this team building which Claudio has finished off. Could we have won the title with Pearson at the helm?? No I don't think so, he's a great manager for getting teams into this position, but I don't think he can quite take them all the way.

Regards from 1 very happy Foxes fan

claphappy.gifclaphappy.gifclaphappy.gifclaphappy.gifclaphappy.gifclaphappy.gifclaphappy.gifclaphappy.gif
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

We've only gone and done it.........

We've won the bl00dy Premiership  shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif

I never thought that I'd see anything like this in my lifetime, I've been following Leicester City for the best part of 45 years, and apart from the 'success' that Martin O'Neill bought us in the late 90's, this is now the 'real' big time for us.

I just hope that we can keep most of our team together, especially the likes of Kante, Schmeichel, Mahrez & Vardy, and we can just improve the squad quality for our, I really can't believe I'm saying this, Champions League Campaign!!

Anyway well done to Claudio and the boys, a lot of praise has to go towards Nigel Pearson for starting this team building which Claudio has finished off. Could we have won the title with Pearson at the helm?? No I don't think so, he's a great manager for getting teams into this position, but I don't think he can quite take them all the way.

Regards from 1 very happy Foxes fan

So where are all the Spurs fans? Only a question of balance mind!

Congratulations & I'm glad Chelsea did their bit to help.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

As a Leeds fan (no comments please!) it's so good to see an 'unfashionable' club right up there.

I've always held Ranieri in high esteem and he also is a gentleman.

Edited by Re6/6
  • Like 2

I just posted this on a similar thread on the NGF...

"I watched City for the first time in 1959 (may even have been '58) at Filbert Street. Over the years there have been many high points & more disappointments, notably the three FA Cup Final defeats in the '60s. I was at Wembley for two of these.

This season's achievement is incredible & makes up for all the near things over the years."

• Like 2

I can't disagree with almost all of what you have said, Joseph, but I saw Pochettino's action as one of getting between Rose and Willian to stop it escalating further and Rose being sent off.  There was no doubt in my mind that Chelsea pressed all the right buttons once 0-2 down and I'm surprised no red cards were shown.

Costa's lack of reaction surprised me and I did wonder if it appeared that Dembele really grabbed/poked him in the eye.  I'm not excusing it it one iota and Dembele should get a ban, but if contact was made with his eye, it would be impossible not to react.

Good grief, I sound like Arsene Wenger.... :D

All credit to Leicester.  They have been a pleasure to watch all season and they should enjoy every minute of their achievement.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in the Champions League and next season to see how they fare now everyone is aware of their possible modes of play.

• Like 2

....looking forward to seeing them in the Champions League and next season to see how they fare now everyone is aware of their possible modes of play.

Leicester could still be difficult to handle because of their "everyone is everywhere" style.

Edited by Horsetan
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I can't disagree with almost all of what you have said, Joseph, but I saw Pochettino's action as one of getting between Rose and Willian to stop it escalating further and Rose being sent off.  There was no doubt in my mind that Chelsea pressed all the right buttons once 0-2 down and I'm surprised no red cards were shown.

Costa's lack of reaction surprised me and I did wonder if it appeared that Dembele really grabbed/poked him in the eye.  I'm not excusing it it one iota and Dembele should get a ban, but if contact was made with his eye, it would be impossible not to react.

Good grief, I sound like Arsene Wenger.... :D

All credit to Leicester.  They have been a pleasure to watch all season and they should enjoy every minute of their achievement.

I'm looking forward to seeing them in the Champions League and next season to see how they fare now everyone is aware of their possible modes of play.

I think that you are right that Pochettino's motives were honest. But the rules are pretty clear on non-players coming onto the field of play without the ref's permission.

You may also be right that Dembele failed to make contact. But he certainly tried to. In rugby, we ban players for contact with the eyes even when it can sometimes happen through negligence rather than intent.

• Like 1

Leicester could still be difficult to handle because of their "everyone is everywhere" style.

As we say round here 70% of the earth's surface is covered by water and the rest is covered by N'Golo Kante..........

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

A team in blue are this year's Premier League Champions. Clue: they're not Chelski.

No it wasn't, but guess what, it wasn't Liverpool either, nor any team in red!

Don't forget, we're a coming on the 12th & what could be more fitting than to beat the new champions at The Bridge on the last day? I wish!

• RMweb Gold

I wonder if any bookies will be giving 5000/1 odds next season.

Man from Ladbroke's has just said on BBC that they won't be offering more than 1000/1 next year on any team - even Burnley. 250 punters won on Leicester.

• Like 1

Claudio Ranieri: "Leicester won't win the Premier League title again" :cry:

Back to Plan A next season  - to fight for a top ten finish and  for a Europa League place in three or four years.....

Can AFC Bournemouth win the Premier League next season???? No don't think so - will be happy if they could finish mid-table. But after Leicester's great achievement, which gives all "little" clubs hope, AFC's survival in their first-ever EPL season is another achievement worthy of some mention.

Edited for spelling.

Edited by geoffers

Claudio Ranieri: "Leicester won't win the Premier League title again" :cry:.....

Strange vote of confidence there!

Let's see how long it takes for the Leicester Mercury book on the whole thing to be printed.

Edited by Horsetan