The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Just like this weekend, Leicester will play before Spurs for the next 2 games, with all the PL games being played at the same time on the final day

Leicester need 2 wins, or 1 win and 2 draws from their remaining 3 games to guarantee the title.

Assuming that Spurs beat West Brom at home tonight (Monday 25th)....

If Spurs Lose at Chelsea next Monday, Leicester only need 2 points to be crowned champions.

If Spurs Draw at Chelsea, Leicester need just 3 points from the remaining 3 games.

However, if Leicester lose at MU next Sunday and Spurs win at Chelsea, the gap will be down to only 2 points with 2 games to go.

Leicester will then have win both of those games, Everton (H) and Chelsea (A), or rely on Spurs dropping points in their 2 remaining games, Southampton (H) and Newcastle (A).

• RMweb Premium

Just like this weekend, Leicester will play before Spurs for the next 2 games, with all the PL games being played at the same time on the final day

Leicester need 2 wins, or 1 win and 2 draws from their remaining 3 games to guarantee the title.

If Spurs Lose at Chelsea next Monday, Leicester only need 2 points to be crowned champions.

If Spurs Draw at Chelsea, Leicester need just 3 points from the remaining 3 games.

However, if Leicester lose at MU next Sunday and Spurs win at Chelsea, the gap will be down to only 2 points with 2 games to go.

Leicester will then have win both of those games, Everton (H) and Chelsea (A), or rely on Spurs dropping points in their 2 remaining games, Southampton (H) and Newcastle (A).

Sorry, to throw a spanner in the works, but Chelsea are going to win the remainder of their games, I hope! So both Leicester & Spurs need to look elsewhere for points!

Should still be enough for Leicester to win the title. I don't care what United, City or Arsenal do.

Sorry, to throw a spanner in the works, but Chelsea are going to win the remainder of their games, I hope! .........

I'm inclined to agree that Chelsea will win against Spurs.

If that does turn out to be the case, and assuming Spurs win tonight against West Brom, Leicester will have already played United the day before, it pans out like this...

If Leicester have won at Old Trafford, then they are champions. The result of the home game against Everton doesn't matter and it'll be one big party.

The final game at Chelsea will be meaningless, whatever the result.

If Leicester have drawn at Old Trafford, then they'll only need 1 point to be champions.

A win or draw at home to Everton will see them become champions and the roof will come off the stadium with an even bigger party.

Again, the final game at Chelsea will be meaningless.

If Leicester lose at Old Trafford, they'll need 2 points and a home win against Everton will be vital.

A draw with Everton will require at least a draw at Chelsea, or Spurs to any drop points in either of their remaining fixtures. That's a tough one.

Having drawn with Everton, a subsequent loss at Chelsea will mean the fate of the title is in Spurs' hands.

Again, that's all based on Spurs beating WBA and losing at Chelsea.

In the unlikely event that Spurs drop points against WBA, it's almost game over for them.

So it's all on a knifes' edge for both teams.

If Leicester win at Old Trafford this weekend it's all over.Come on David, get excited we won't see this happen again in our lifetimes.

I'm not normally a fan of Tony Pulis' "four centre halves" defensive system, but I'll make an exception this time as Spurs seemed to run out of ideas.

Winning at Old Trafford? 6 wins only in 59 visits and Man.U still hankering after a Top Four finish due to the ineptness of Arsenal and Man. Cty - not very easy.....

Still when sporting immortality beckons for a little unknown East Midlands football club who knows?

• RMweb Gold

I am so glad that WBA got a point tonight, it means that I don't have to barrack against my own team in the next game!

Kev.

.........Again, that's all based on Spurs beating WBA and losing at Chelsea.

In the unlikely event that Spurs drop points against WBA, it's almost game over for them.

So it's all on a knifes' edge for both teams.

So it looks like I put the mockers on Spurs with giving them the benefit, based on form, of assuming they'd easily beat WBA at home tonight.

As I said though it's all but over for them.

Obviously at win at Old Trafford will seal it, but if Leicester draw or lose to United on Sunday, Spurs will need to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge to mathematically stay in the hunt.

Effectively I think we all know it's all over though, unless Leicester lose all 3 remaining games and I can't see that happening.

Leicester fans, you better get the champagne on ice.

• Like 1

I see Vardy has got his extra one game ban. Doesn't really matter now after Sunday's display without him and Spurs poor performance tonight.

If Leicester fluff their lines at Old Trafford on Sunday,  he'll be back for home game against Wigan  Everton the week after.

Going to be one hell of a party if Leicester win and being a Liverpool fan I will be so made up for the club and its supporters and to be honest if they can keep the team together with a few additions there's no reason why it should just be one title. I know that they will have champions league commitments next season but with a strengthened squad they should be able to cope. 

Just to add a bit of spice to the top four places and qualifying for the Champions League has it occurred to anyone that if Liverpool win the Europa Cup they will get automatic qualification ...... does that mean that whoever finishes in fourth place will have to drop into the Europa Cup ???? :triniti:  :triniti:

... if they can keep the team together ...

This is going to be more difficult than winning the title. The vultures from other clubs are already circling, and Monsieur Mahrez is at or near the top of their shopping lists....to say nothing of his equally desirable teammates.

....Just to add a bit of spice to the top four places and qualifying for the Champions League has it occurred to anyone that if Liverpool win the Europa Cup they will get automatic qualification ...... does that mean that whoever finishes in fourth place will have to drop into the Europa Cup ???? :triniti:  :triniti:

No not quite.

We get 3 automatic places in the Champions League for the top 3 teams in the PL and a play-off place for the team in 4th place.

We can have a 5th place in certain circumstances.

No country can have more than 5 teams in the Champions League.

If Liverpool win the Europa League, that will qualify them for entry into the Champions League play-off round (preliminary round) and not automatic entry to the Champions League proper (group stages).

However, if City win the Champions League and also finish in 3rd place (or higher - although that's unlikely), then Liverpool will get automatic qualification for the Champions League proper (group stages).

If City win the Champions League, but finish in 4th place in the PL, they and the top 3 PL teams qualify automatically and Liverpool will still need to go into the play-offs.

So, if Liverpool win the Europa League and City do not win the Champions League, but finish in 1st, 2nd or 3rd  in the PL .......

Liverpool will go into the Champions League play-offs and City and the 2 other top 3 PL teams will qualify for the Champions League proper.

The 4th placed team will go into the play-offs along with Liverpool.

If either or both manage to qualify through the play-offs, then we could have 4 or the maximum 5 teams in the Champions League proper.

If Liverpool win the Europa League and City wins the Champions League and also finishes 1st, 2nd or 3rd in PL, then....

Liverpool are elevated to automatic qualification to the Champions League, along with City and the 2 other top 3 PL teams.

The 4th placed team in the PL will still have to go through the play-offs and if they qualify, that would give us the maximum of 5 teams.

However.....

If Liverpool win the Europa League and City wins the Champions League, but neither team finish in the top 4 in the PL....

Then only the top 3 PL teams will qualify, as Liverpool and City will have automatically qualified and only a maximum of 5 teams can be in the Champions League.

In this case, the 4th place team goes into the Europa League and not the Champions League play-offs.

Clears as mud?????

Don't ask about how the Europa League places work out under all those permutations...... :unsure:  :crazy:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10253604/champions-league-and-europa-league-qualification-for-premier-league-teams-explained.

Edited by Ron Ron Ron

When the official DVD of Leicester's 2015/16 season comes out, could you get an extra copy for me please?

Already taken care of as I bought some copies of the "official" DVD* from this nice Chelsea fan. He looked resplendent in his pee stained Chelsea change strip whilst flogging  Leicester "Champions" scarves before the Southampton game

post-9751-0-13152400-1461628838.jpg

*comprehensive mobile phone footage of the first 31 rounds of matches.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

So it looks like I put the mockers on Spurs with giving them the benefit, based on form, of assuming they'd easily beat WBA at home tonight.

Obviously at win at Old Trafford will seal it, but if Leicester draw or lose to United on Sunday, Spurs will need to beat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge to mathematically stay in the hunt.

Effectively I think we all know it's all over though, unless Leicester lose all 3 remaining games and I can't see that happening.

Leicester fans, you better get the champagne on ice.

In such a key moment for English football, I would hope they would buy English Sparkling wine rather than champagne.

But I will quite understand if they just drink the local brewery dry.

Are you Mark Lawrenson in disguise?

• RMweb Gold

Didn't the owner buy every Leicester fan a bottle of beer on his birthday?

This year they must have crate expectations.

Edited by BoD

Maybe an Australian brand will get in on the act, and produce a run of "Fox"sters cans and bottles. They wouldn't have to do much to change the emblem either.

I see Vardy has got his extra one game ban. Doesn't really matter now after Sunday's display without him and Spurs poor performance tonight.

If Leicester fluff their lines at Old Trafford on Sunday,  he'll be back for home game against Wigan  Everton the week after.

David,

This is my 'ideal' scenario:

We lose/draw at Man U.

We then beat Everton at home, with Vardy scoring the winning goal, to win the Championship.

My honest opinion, is that I don't think we'll beat Man U at Old Trafford, because I think Man U have actually improved considerably over the last few weeks, they are definitely not the team that we drew with at our place + they're hunting Arsenal down for that 4th place. But I do think Spurs will struggle to beat Chelsea and that should mean that we'll win the League without having to get anything at Man U.

Cheers

Neal.

UTF

• Like 1

Unfortunately it was Singha beer but better than nothing. The trick next time will be trying to drink to it whilst not tripping over all the "Vox Pop" interview T.V. cables outside the ground.

David,

This is my 'ideal' scenario:

We lose/draw at Man U.

We then beat Everton at home, with Vardy scoring the winning goal, to win the Championship.

My honest opinion, is that I don't think we'll beat Man U at Old Trafford, because I think Man U have actually improved considerably over the last few weeks, they are definitely not the team that we drew with at our place + they're hunting Arsenal down for that 4th place. But I do think Spurs will struggle to beat Chelsea and that should mean that we'll win the League without having to get anything at Man U.

Cheers

Neal.

UTF

When we played Man Utd. at our place we were 1st and Man.Utd were one point behind in 2nd place. Man.Utd have "improved" since then, but I think the Foxes haven't been too shabby either as we are now 17 points ahead of Man.Utd. :jester:

A repeat of our last visit to Manchester would be great but it's a free hit for Leicester.

Edited by cary hill