The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Considering that Adam Llalana is Glenn Hoddle's lovechild, I am quite surprised hat our man "Drinky" got the Man of the Match award from Glenn Hoddle.

Good to see that our other central midfielder Kante scored for France tonight.

A pity Vardy's goal was a wasted effort due to weak Everton defenders bringing their A game with them from Goodison Park.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

You really do have to feel a wee bit sorry for Spurs.

In any other year, most people, except for fans of 'the usual suspects', would be happy to see them win the title. If they win it this year it will probably be one of the most unpopular wins ever.

Tottenham's draw looks like it has pushed Leicester closer to the title. A win against Southampton today will give them one hand on the trophy.

At the other end Norwich got a big win. I still think Sunderland will escape at their expense. However Newcastle are doomed along with Villa. You have to worry for both of these teams, especially Aston Villa. I cannot see either making an instant return. In fact I fear Villa are about to enter years in the wilderness. I had predicted their relegation for each of the last four seasons and can only see them going one way. Without major surgery on and off the pitch there is a very big chance that League 1 could be their next destination.

• RMweb Gold

Difficult to understand quite how Aston Villa have been so bad with a group of players with good past record. Interesting list of managerial hopefuls according to the bookies. I'm not sure that any sensible person would want to go there.

As we predicted a few weeks back, it needs more than Benitez to sort out Newcastle's woeful defending. Even Alan Shearer accepts that they are on the way down.

To be honest. Leicester City can only beat themselves now. The only way they will not win the title is if the inexperience results in them buckling under pressure wen the winning line gets very close. I am beginning to doubt that will happen though. They saw the game out very well today.

Fingers crossed for Leicester. AFC Bournemouth seem to have started an end-of-season slump. Six games left for them but four of these are against Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea and Man Utd. This coming Saturday's game at Villa Park could be their season's clincher if they can win. A defeat would put them back in the relegation frame given those four games - the fifth is against West Brom. Would so love to see the Cherries stay up and the Foxes win the EPL. Romance may not be totally dead if that was the case.

I would doubt that Bournemouth will slip into the bottom three now, even if they did lose to Villa. With 38 points they would need either Sunderland or Newcastle to win 4 of their remaining games and I cannot see that happening. The team to worry about are Crystal Palace who have not won all year. They could get pulled into it if they are not careful.

A good birthday present for the Chairman of Leicester City at the King Power Stadium this afternoon with another efficient 1-0 win this afternoon against a Southampton side who did come to play football which made pleasant change from some recent visiting teams.

The Leicester players that had been on International duty recently looked a bit "leggy", but the team had just enough gas in tank to see the game out.

We seem able to find winning goals from unlikely sources when needed with Wes Morgan deciding today was a good day to score his first goal of the season.

I can't believe how tight the defence is now compared to earlier in the season that's five 1-0 wins in the last six games.

I'm with Ranieri - one game a time and see what happens - we're playing before Spurs for the next three rounds of matches which might be a chance to put some pressure on them if we can get some points on the board before they play.

Four wins from Sunderland (a), West Ham (h), Swansea (h), Man Utd (a), Everton (h) Chelsea (a) to turn a possibility into a probability and then a reality assuming Spurs don't slip up again.....I wonder.....

A good birthday present for the Chairman of Leicester City at the King Power Stadium this afternoon with another efficient 1-0 win this afternoon against a Southampton side who did come to play football which made pleasant change from some recent visiting teams.

The Leicester players that had been on International duty recently looked a bit "leggy", but the team had just enough gas in tank to see the game out.

We seem able to find winning goals from unlikely sources when needed with Wes Morgan deciding today was a good day to score his first goal of the season.

I can't believe how tight the defence is now compared to earlier in the season that's five 1-0 wins in the last six games.

I'm with Ranieri - one game a time and see what happens - we're playing before Spurs for the next three rounds of matches which might be a chance to put some pressure on them if we can get some points on the board before they play.

Four wins from Sunderland (a), West Ham (h), Swansea (h), Man Utd (a), Everton (h) Chelsea (a) to turn a possibility into a probability and then a reality assuming Spurs don't slip up again.....I wonder.....

I think Leicester will win the league.

• RMweb Gold

Liverpool used to win games that way 30 years ago.Is it really true you're going to buy everyone on here a pint as champions David.

Edited by gwrrob

I would doubt that Bournemouth will slip into the bottom three now, even if they did lose to Villa. With 38 points they would need either Sunderland or Newcastle to win 4 of their remaining games and I cannot see that happening. The team to worry about are Crystal Palace who have not won all year. They could get pulled into it if they are not careful.

Yes I have noticed Palace are on a long slide, the only team in the top seven divisions not to have won in 2016.

Next weeks visit of Norwich could be crucial, lose that and Norwich will be on equal points,

cheers 

Yes I have noticed Palace are on a long slide, the only team in the top seven divisions not to have won in 2016.

Next weeks visit of Norwich could be crucial, lose that and Norwich will be on equal points,

cheers

Think if Palace lose that, they are gone!

To be honest. Leicester City can only beat themselves now. The only way they will not win the title is if the inexperience results in them buckling under pressure wen the winning line gets very close. I am beginning to doubt that will happen though. They saw the game out very well today.

As a lifelong Spurs supporter, (and whoever Arsenal are playing), I think it's inevitable that Leicester have won, but I'm not too unhappy, I may be wrong, (I've been out of the UK for a few decades now), but I think the '62/'63 season, the days of Greavsy being league top scorer, was the last time Spurs have been this high up so late in the season and I recall LC were also in the running that season as well.

We have a young team and if we can hang onto players like Kane, Alli, Rose, Walker and Erikson, then the future looks good, we've played some great football. Unusually, for a Spurs team we have a goal difference worth a point, resolute defence was never a strong point, and the best record in gaining points from a losing position, in the past we'd go a goal down and wilt. Just too many draws have made the difference, but at least this year we've been able to go to places like Anfield and Old Trafford and give them a game. As long as we finish above the shower from the Emirates, I'll be really happy.

So, well played Leicester!

I think every game from now on in is going to 'squeaky bum time' for their supporters though.

None squeakier than for "cary hill"!

....I'm with Ranieri - one game a time and see what happens - ...

For someone who was an inveterate tinkerer when at Chelsea, it looks like Ranieri has learnt his lesson and now lets his players do the thinking.

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Gold

Come this time of the season it is not always those in the bottom three who go down. Often there is one above these who gets dragged in. Could Palace be the one?

Last season certainly demonstrates that. There was a team at the bottom and seven points adrift from safety but they did not go down. And look where they are now!

• Like 1

None squeakier than for "cary hill"!

For someone who was an inveterate tinkerer when at Chelsea, it looks like Ranieri has learnt his lesson and now lets his players do the thinking.

If and when Leicester win the title I think Claudio Ranierin should not just be manager of the season, but of the century. Got to give the guy credit, especially as he was many bookies' favourite to be the first to be sacked. This has to be the most amazing achievement (elect) in English football in years.

The story goes that when Ranieri took over at Leicester during the "Great Escape" season, he was all ready to start tinkering. It took a deputation from Leicester's senior players to convince him to let them play the way they wanted, and not the way he had in mind.

If Ranieri does get his manager's award, it should be for the fortitude and restraint he has shown! It must have gone against his natural instincts not to tinker.