The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Just read this on the BBC Footy site :-

Leicester City 'roll out red carpet' for grieving boy aged nine.

By Matt Davis

BBC Sport

A great gesture by a present day Footbal Club. Good Luck to both of them,the young man to enjoy the rest of his life and the "Foxes" to win the title this year.

Edited by CUTLER2579
  • Like 2

There is no substitute for a quality free-kick routine at Cheltenham Town....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8woAZBxGFw4

On our local news Gary Johnson explained, with a smile, that one way of looking at it  by putting the ball way up in the stand

was that it was a good way of wasting some time when they were a goal up near the end of the game!

cheers

Can't fault Barcelona.  They were a cut above every team I've seen for a long time.  OK defensively they may have some weakness, but with Suarez, Messi and Neymar it appears they can score at will.  

Anyone else pick up on Pique's conversation with his manager re a possible yellow card and suspension for the next match?  At 2-0 up and virtually through, he chats to his manager and within a minute gets his yellow card and suspension for the Arsenal return.

Of course that now means he has a clean sheet for the next round......Cynical?  Moi?

Some very sad news today about a great footballer and a thoroughly nice man. I met him once in a Pub (Surprise) in Mortimer Street in London's west end. We had been moved by the Fire Brigade from a building site I was working on and took refuge in said Pub. Really nice guy so this is especially sad.

Jimmy Greaves reveals he'll never walk again but insists 'I’m still here fighting all the way' - Mirror Online

Regards,Del.

Just got back from the King Power after the visit of Tony Pulis' West Bromwich Albion Society for the prevention of entertainment and excitement in Premiership football.

Alas things didn't go to plan as we conceded a very soft early goal, but we managed to find ways through WBA's nine man defence to take a 2-1 lead just before half time. We threw the lead away early in the second half when Craig Gardner scored a magnificent goal from a needlessly conceded free kick. Unfortunately wave after wave of attacks failed to produce a winner, despite hitting the bar twice, and Pulis got the point he came for.

Never mind win some (we were very lucky to win against Norwich on Saturday) draw some ........

Hopefully the "pressure" (what pressure?)of being top of the Premiership will pass to Tottenham by tomorrow night and we can recede into the background a bit and go quietly about our business and see what happens in the last ten games.

-at least we managed to slow the Salford bandwagon down a bit tonight, there will be more twists and turns before the end of the season and Salford are a very good team and respect to the loyal fans who made tonight's journey. 1587 attendance at tonight's game in Evostick premier, a good advert for our league.

I came across this by chance this morning - http://www.britishcomics.20m.com/nine.htm . I remember reading the original (many, many years ago!). While the background was a bit far-fetched even then (though an ex-Scottish international lived 3 houses up the road when I was growing up), there is no way anyone could think of writing anything like that now.

Well last night's slightly disappointing point for the Foxes suddenly looks much more valuable, with Spurs, Arsenal and Man.City all screwing up tonight - we're actually a point further ahead after that round of matches.

Just need Spurs and Arsenal to draw with one another or Spurs to lose before we play Watford later on............and.........but mustn't tempt fate.

The scrap for 4th place is opening up nicely with Man City seemingly fading.

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

Well last night's slightly disappointing point for the Foxes suddenly looks much more valuable, with Spurs, Arsenal and Man.City all screwing up tonight - we're actually a point further ahead after that round of matches.

Just need Spurs and Arsenal to draw with one another or Spurs to lose before we play Watford later on............and.........but mustn't tempt fate.

The scrap for 4th place is opening up nicely with Man City seemingly fading.

At this moment in time David where would you be happy to finish.

First, or first four?

Well we're ten points ahead of Man.Utd with ten games to play, and four wins and a couple of draws from the last ten games we will give us 71 points, and I would hope that would be enough for fourth place, unless somebody else can get 24 points from the last ten games.

I would be happy with that after being nailed on relegation certainties before the season started after the Board appointed that old "idiot" Ranieri :jester:

I think it will very hard though, as the last two home games have shown teams have finally sussed us out and are making tactical adjustments to avoid leaving wide open spaces behind their defences for us to exploit. We're going to have find a different way to play, as we have had 60% possession in the last two games instead of our usual 35-40% and we're not great at short passing and slow build-ups. 

I want to see how we get on at Watford before getting carried away, because it is Leicester City after all, and we did manage to mess up our last chance to be top flight champions way back in 1963, after being first with only five games to go and finishing fourth.

Edited by cary hill

Probably the best night of Leicester's season and they've not even been on the pitch!

Tonight may have actually been better. Winning a scrappy hard fought game with a cracking goal from the Magical Mahrez will do at this stage of the season. 

• Like 2

I see Benteke tripped over a hair on his opponents knee yesterday.  Something to be be said for waxing after all.....:-)

Seems the aim of the game is to go down if you feel a touch.  Funny I thought the aim of the game was to go for goal if your opponent was left stranded on the ground...