The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

Go-on Vardy!

(..but don't do too well so that only the "noisy neighbours" can afford you!)

Kev.

Edited by SHMD

Another good night at the King Power with a comfortable 2-0 win courtesy of a Vardy double, including a world class goal (according to Klopp), and Leicester playing a couple of short spells of tiki taka passing, which was remarkable as the only passes Leicester normally do well are through balls/long passes in the general direction of Vardy so he can score.

All done with our usual minority share of possession (36%), but it was enough to get 3 times as many shots on target than Liverpool could manage.

Liverpool were very neat and pretty in 60 or so yards of pitch between the two penalty areas but seemed to have no cutting edge in attack and were very ropey at the back when put under pressure.

I know Liverpool have a lot of injuries, but they still fielded a team costing about £180 million in transfer fees, and I expected more from them to be honest.

50 points now and another five will equal our best ever total in the top flight, but that may have to wait with back to back Mission Impossibles at the Etihad (only ever won 7 times in 50 attempts) and the Emirates (6 wins in 61 attempts) coming up next. 

Edited by cary hill

• RMweb Gold

I see Man City are involved in another six-point bottom of the table clash with Leicester City...

...hold on a minute.

Who's turned the league upside down?

Kev.

Premiership Favourites 1 Foxes 3.

Almost a perfect lethal smash and grab performance with only 34% possession and our usual very poor pass completion rate (only 64%) but still with 7 shots on target to Man City's 4.

One time 5000-1 outsiders for the Premiership now 6 points clear at the top. You couldn't make it up - a year ago we were rooted at the bottom of the table with 17 points from the first 25 games.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Unbelievable and Cary Hill will be absolutely bouncing.A fairytale for any neutral.

Not just the neutral.

I think any football supporter, apart from those who think their team have a 'right' to European football, will be enjoying this.

Premiership Favourites 1 Foxes 3.

Almost a perfect lethal smash and grab performance with only 34% possession and our usual very poor pass completion rate (only 64%) but still with 7 shots on target to Man City's 4.

One time 5000-1 outsiders for the Premiership now 6 points clear at the top. You couldn't make it up - a year ago we were rooted at the bottom of the table with 17 points from the first 25 games.

Those 5000-1 odds were available at the start of the season. Question is, did anyone stick a tenner on at Paddy Power's?

• RMweb Gold

Those 5000-1 odds were available at the start of the season. Question is, did anyone stick a tenner on at Paddy Power's?

Well you would also get 2500/1 on David Moyes being an X Factor judge and Piers Morgan to become Arsenal boss.

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Well you would also get 2500/1 on David Moyes being an X Factor judge and Piers Morgan to become Arsenal boss.

I know.

I put a treble on.

Edited by BoD