The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

I see Big Sam has picked up the poisoned chalice that is the Sunderland job.

Early next year......maybe....

Statement issued by Sunderland AFC

"The club would like to place on record its thanks to Peter, Howard, Mick, Roy, Steve, Martin, Paolo, Gus, Dick...........Sam"

Welcome to the Stadium of Sh*te.

• RMweb Gold

We now have "The Normal One" ensconced at Liverpool. I can't wait to see what happens next.

We now have "The Normal One" ensconced at Liverpool. I can't wait to see what happens next.

A symptom of the way football is run these days by big conglomerates as entertainment rather than sport. Klopp maybe a great coach and manager (we shall see) but he is just not "Liverpool". I can't see it working. Rodgers could have been the right man in the Liverpool tradition but I think that he is a good coach who will perhaps, like Big Mal Allison, never make it as a manager.

Note much comment in the papers about his £7M a year deal. But that is nothing to what a lot of players are getting now. Will Klopp contribute more to Liverpool than Mario Balotelli.? I think so. But then even I might have done more for Liverpool than "super" Mario.

• RMweb Premium

I wonder if he'll find the 'Sunderland Way' to play football? In fairness he stumbled upon the 'West Ham Way' by playing the type of football the fans didn't like, prompting them to decide that any other type was clearly 'the way'. That said, in the last few seasons the 'Sunderland Way' has been to play like rubbish, prop up the table for most of the season, fire the manager, replace said manager who shouts at the players a lot, players respond by scraping survival, manager is a hero and in turn responds by buying lots of overpriced has-beens who play like rubbish, prop up the table.....etc etc etc.

I see the BBC have produced their "Price of Football 2015 Survey" accompanied by the usual Premier League "protests".http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34507719

Good to see that Leicester are the cheapskates of the Premiership.

Some of the lower league stuff is fascinating - I'm glad I'm not a Chesterfield fan who can pay £530 (FIVE HUNDRED AND THIRTY POUNDS) for a season ticket if they so wish, but you do get a Golden Chesterfield Tub Chair to sit on:

post-9751-0-09533200-1444911407.jpg

Edited by cary hill

I think Stoke are even more bargain basement than Leicester, according to that table.

Certainly true for season tickets but I was looking at the cost of a single match ticket. You can also buy a Villa season ticket for "only" £335 and watch the possible demise of Tim "my players need more pashun" Sherwood.

Edited by cary hill

when a season ticket could give you a whole season's worth of enjoyable misery?  :jester:

Already got one ....although I can't be too miserable as it's been a bargain so far  - 20 goals in 4 games at £3.84 each...... if your not too fussy about which end they're going in. 

Early next year......maybe....

Statement issued by Sunderland AFC

"The club would like to place on record its thanks to Peter, Howard, Mick, Roy, Steve, Martin, Paolo, Gus, Dick...........Sam"

Welcome to the Stadium of Sh*te.

It's partisan posts like this that stopped me looking in on this thread.  Hardly Einsteinian thought processes at work generally speaking and the usual tribalist abuse seems to surface occasionally like in this instance.

I'm just sooo relieved SAFC didn't appoint Nigel Pearson - no class, no track record.

Hat, coat, I won't be back.

• RMweb Gold

Football is, always has been and always will be tribalistic.

You just have to learn to put up with the jibes and give as good as you get.

It's all part of the 'fun'.

It could be worse, you could be a Mag.

It could be worse, you could be a Mag.

I'm hoping McClaren and Newcastle are planning to extend their "pre-season" for a few more games yet and that should be one of the relegation places booked fairly shortly.

I'll have some of whatever McClaren is smoking.

Edited by cary hill

Super Foxes come back from 2-0 down yet again as a Jamie Vardy brace secures a point against Southampton.

Seven points gained from losing positions so far this season.

If only we could defend set pieces .......

Edited by cary hill