The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

The table doesn't lie  :jester: well at least not until this weekend's first round of Premiership matches is completed and we go down to our usual defeat at Upton Park next weekend

post-9751-0-75431600-1439055448.jpg

I'd be a bit worried if I was a Sunderland fan as they were BAD, BAD, BAD this afternoon, 3-0 down after 24 minutes and dead in the water.

A great pity we took our feet off their throats by being profligate in front of goal as the match progressed and conceded two soggy "consolation" goals later on. 

A scoreline of 4-2 suggests it was much closer than it really was.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

Quite - I'm a Chelsea fan, and even I'd argue that they don't have any points yet!

On a slightly different note, you'd think, wouldn't you, that we could have all 10 matches kicking off at 3pm on the first day? Just once during the season, to kick it off (OK, twice, if you count the last day of the season)? As it is, 8 teams won't even play today, and the table will be meaningless until Monday night. Well, to be fair, it will be meaningless until after Xmas, but you know what I mean...

On a totally different note, what are Brora Rangers still doing in the Highland League? They're far to good for the rest of the division, and have been for 3 years!

On a totally different note, what are Brora Rangers still doing in the Highland League? They're far to good for the rest of the division, and have been for 3 years!

I seem to recall reading that the owner doesn't want promotion due to the high cost of travel in Division 2 which covers the whole country.

Gareth

Kudos to The Shakers fans who sang Neville Neville's name for 1 minute on 65 minutes in respect of the Big Man who kept our Club Bury FC alive in times of financial strife.

RIP big fella, keep cheering on The Shakers from up there Nev

Up The Shakers

Craig.

• Like 4

Channel 5's football league show......wtf is this???????

It was truly appalling with a tribe of podgy listless zombies in replica shirts milling aimlessly about in the background......it jumped about from Division to Division with no real pattern, sense or order.....not enough microphones were available if one of the zombies suddenly sprang to life and wanted to have a moan or add to the general confusion....Martin Allen wobbling his beer gut around the studio was not a pretty sight......bad 1980's style studio.....pointless League Tables on revolving poles....that Cates woman and A.N.Other radish faffing about with iPads   ........social media.......the programme made Rotherham look really bad......all in all another worthy entrant into the Channel 5 Trash Television Hall of Fame.

I blame the BBC for allowing this travesty of a programme to reach the airwaves because it wastes too much of it's budget on Alan Yentob, karaoke contests, ballroom dancing, ice-skating( no that's the other lot) and  various people making dinners or baking cakes.

The only things this programme has going for it are it's start time and the fact it's soooooo bad it may become a cult classic.

They quickly need to realise that they are trying  to fix something which isn't broken. FFS what's so difficult about showing some match highlights and all the goals in some sort of logical order with some (limited) punditry*

*Because I don't care or need to know that Rodney from Reading or Malcolm from Middlesbrough think their teams have a good chance this season after just one game of the season.

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Well done England for wrapping up The Ashes just before the Premiership starts - saves having to listen to two radios at the same time :)

It also gives Darren Lehmann the opportunity to Tweet for tickets, Liverpool vs Stoke!

Totally agree Cary hill. The programme was so bad it would have been easier to watch a DVD re-run of Derby's end of season demise from last year. I think I will resort to a Goals Express on Sky Sports News instead. Incidentally things don't look so promising at the IPro / Pride Park Stadium this season. May have spent loads of money in summer but got had to survive a Bolton battering for a 0-0 draw. True enough we would probably gave lost that game last season, but the loss of Bryson and Hughes to knee injuries leaves us light in midfield already. Funny how that was our downfall last season!

Channel 5's football league show......wtf is this???????

They are working on the principle "If it ain't broke, break it". It looks like the show has been designed as a student project. At last Blackpool have got rid of the awful Wonga logo from their shirts. They now have VILLAGE plastered across the front. If they get round to putting IDIOT underneath I may buy one. 

Edited by Ohmisterporter

If you play us every week you'll be quite safe.

Mike.

Guess what the Rainham end lads were singing !

I might just have a fiver on United to win the division.........you never know

Edited by Southernman46

• RMweb Premium

We went to the Emirates Cup a couple of weeks back and saw Arsenal demolish Lyon 6-0. 

So our first match is Arsenal away, I'm thinking "nil points" from that and then we lose in the Europa league in the week away.

Arsenal 0-2 West Ham  :scratchhead:  

It's a funny old game.

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253
  • Like 1