The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

• RMweb Gold

In a world where in so many places sweetners and backhanders seem very much the way things are run or got done is it not us that are out of step?

• RMweb Premium

In a world where in so many places sweetners and backhanders seem very much the way things are run or got done is it not us that are out of step?

If you read private eye no we are not......

I seem to recall we went some way with 'gifts' to the delegates in our own bid for 2018, so are not totally whiter than white, but then there's a very grey line in any area of 'business entertaining' anyway.

Estimates on our own bid ranged from £18m to £22m.  This made me chuckle….

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1225449/FIFA-chief-Jack-Warner-returns-230-Mulberry-bag-given-England-2018-bid-team-derision-embarrassment-betrayal.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1222462/Its-bag---England-2018-World-Cup-bid-shoulders-arms-hands-Mulberries.html

Edited by gordon s

• RMweb Gold

Sadly, I don't believe anybody will boycott anything.

There will be a lot of 'holier than thou' huffing and puffing but then, as it is about each individual's power, status and money things will soon return to as they were before.

I think Aston Villa must think the "F" in a F.A.Cup stands for "Fouling" -  three bookings and eleven fouls before half-time.

Never mind they can only get better in the second half after Tim has had a word or two with them .....or can they?

• RMweb Gold

I think Aston Villa must think the "F" in a F.A.Cup stands for "Fouling" -  three bookings and eleven fouls before half-time.

Never mind they can only get better in the second half after Tim has had a word or two with them .....or can they?

It looks like my team will still be the last Midlands team to win it then.....

It looks like my team will still be the last Midlands team to win it then.....

Good chance of Coventry being the last ever Midlands team to win the F. A. Cup :jester: , as no Midlands team is anywhere near attaining "Big Four" type status, one of whom who usually win the F.A.Cup in most years.

Mind you bad stuff can happen you if you dare to win the F.A. Cup and are not a "Big Four" club e.g. Wigan or Portsmouth. At least today's completely useless Villa have been spared the Europa League as a "consolation prize" under the new rules.

Edited by cary hill

What a disappointing cup final. Fair play to Arsenal who were a class above Villa. Was good to see just how much defeat meant to Tim Sherwood, who is a good honest manager. I am sure his chance will come again.

Some of the Villa players didn't turn up at all.

Arsenal definitely a class above and played very well, a superb team effort all round, but it was made far easy for them by a Villa side who have looked awful for most of the season.

Villa were denied one define penalty though and a cast iron free kick right on the edge of the box, which could easily have been given as a penalty instead. The ref gave nothing for either though.

I don't think it would have altered the final outcome, but it leaves a bitter taste for the Villa players and fans all the same.

I'm looking forward to next Saturday nights Champions League final now.

It should be a definite cut above today's match.

STREETS new "ASTON VANILLA" !!!

Everybody's lickin' them!!!

Gunner Foraday    RHA

I tell you what, I've found out that owning a football club is a breeze!

On Thursday, I bought two shares in Real Oviedo, a Spanish club in División Segunda B (the third tier of Spanish football).

Three days later, they won promotion!

Oviedo needed to raise €2m very quickly,or go out of business, so hit upon the wheeze of selling shares (at €11.50 a go) to anyone who wanted them, so I thought 'why the hell not?'.

There's over 8000 minor shareholders, but the majority shareholder in the club is actually Carlos Slim, the world's richest man!

I have been elected Club Secretary at Hailsham Town FC. No doubt it will be busy - according to the FA;

The Secretary is the most important role in the club and is the official contact between the club, the County FA and the competition organisers. The Secretary’s duties include: County FA affiliation, league membership, all correspondence, maintenance of club records including financial records, maintaining a player register, managing transfers and contracted players.

Gulp!

Anyway, I also remain Social Media/Webmaster/Advertising man, so with that hat on, if anyone happens to be in the area in July/August...

post-723-0-10510600-1433275551.jpg

• Like 3

Well the Super Foxes have signed a Fuchs. Seems appropriate somehow.

Yes and Wasilewski has signed a 1 year extension as well, just need to get Cambiasso to stay another year and I think we're pretty much there.

Regards

Neal.

Yes and Wasilewski has signed a 1 year extension as well, just need to get Cambiasso to stay another year and I think we're pretty much there.

Regards

Neal.

Yes, it will be plain sailing, just as soon as the club sack the manager's son and his 2 equally-disgusting mates...

Seriously, one can only admire what Leicester have achieved this season, and I hope they manage even better next time, but they have got to get rid of those 3 pieces of dirt.