The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

Not defending Pepe, but Muller went down as though he'd been hit by a World Champ boxer....

What a German diving - surely not. That other German bloke Klinsmann also had a diving problem but was "cured" during his brief time in the Premiership.

No use in Muller coming to the Premiership for a cure though as diving is now endemic in the Premiership.

What a German diving - surely not. That other German bloke Klinsmann also had a diving problem but was "cured" during his brief time in the Premiership.

No use in Muller coming to the Premiership for a cure though as diving is now endemic in the Premiership.

I'm surprised that lad Tom Daley doesn't play football. He'd feel right at home.....

Elsewhere, the Yanks seem to be going for fastest goal in the contest - 31 seconds.

It only takes a quick Yank and it's all over in less than a minute.

The USA were very poor though, despite winning 2-1, what with Ghana having done nearly all the attacking throughout the whole 90 minutes.

I can't see either of these two progressing out of the group stages.

• RMweb Premium

If I were Dictator, I would mandate a physological and intelligence test before anyone could open a Twitter Account...

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-27872023

Firstly, these people are too stupid to realise they have the wrong Phillip Neville, and two - and considerably more important - does the footballer Neville deserve threats and abuse of this nature for not being a great commentator?

"I hope you die"...err, really? :dontknow:

I do wonder if these guys are the same species as the rest of us....surely nobody can get through life being that thick? 

If I were Dictator, I would mandate a physological and intelligence test before anyone could open a Twitter Account...

Sounds like a waste of money and not  dictatorial enough to me, surely suppressing Twitter completely is the only certain way to deprive all the idiots, imbeciles and morons that frequent Twitter a platform to express their ill-informed poorly expressed malevolent opinions.

• RMweb Premium

They should make use of Speakers Corner to spout their drivel - oh, just a minute, it'd never work because they'd have to show their faces .......

...you'd have to hope Kenton hadn't got the role of Dictator before you!

If Kenton got the role of Dictator you could guarantee that he would have planned his every move and included these plans in every publication you could find!

• RMweb Gold

OK back to the footie and dumb question time.

In Rugby Union when they have a line-out players are allowed to help others gain height.  In football when there's a set piece like a corner or free kick, football players don't give members of the same team a lift in order to get a better header, but is there a specific rule forbidding this?

Blimme - things must be on the up -  a Leicester City player actually playing in the World Cup Finals (Mahrez - Algeria), but I don't suppose he'll equal the achievement of the previous Leicester player to play in the World Cup Finals - Muzzy Izzet who played for Turkey in a World Cup Semi-Final against Brazil in 2002.

I've heard of Muzzy Izzet. Didn't he go off to play for Galatasaray or Fenerbahçe?

No - he left Leicester for the much more exotic destination of Birmingham City, but his career ended there after sustaining a persistent knee injury.

Edited by cary hill

Fixtures out and the Blades have got both Yeovil and Colchester away on Tuesday nights. That will starve both these teams of a bumper away following. Surely the football league should look at this and where possible fans shouldn't have to travel more than 2 hrs to a night match. Loads of localish games will be on a Saturday. Think I will be going to Port Vale over xmas.

The Premiership fixture computer must hate Leicester City :jester: :

First six games -

Everton (H)

Chelsea (A)

Arsenal (H)

Stoke (A)

Man. Utd (H)

Crystal P (A)

Welcome to the Premiership - 4 top sides and 2 "Pulissy" * sides for the first six games. :O .

I think I know which end of the table we will be at by the end of September....

* not to be confused with the delicate and beautiful Pulissy Royal Worcester pottery of the same name.

Edited by cary hill