The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Football Focus

S.A.C Martin

New year, new manager....nothing changes, then ?

Must be Gazza next, or maybe M. Mouse* or D. Duck* ? 

*sorry, forgot, they're already running the club

Edited by RhBBob

• RMweb Premium

Transfer window slams shut and look at what's happened at West Ham - one underachiever (Maiga) out on loan, and a Rat deserts what could be a sinking ship.

Lots of "Hammers linked with...." b******s in the press, then - not a lot happens as usual.

In - 3 loanees over the last few days - GREAT! I'm sure they'll give their all for the team.......  Yeah, course they will.....

• RMweb Premium

I bet you are! That's 3 derby victories on the trot now, isn't it?

I was well pleased for the Hammers yesterday despite the worst sending-off decision I've seen for ages.

Yep ! :sungum:

Agree about the sending off. Looked innocuous from different angles

• RMweb Premium

Yep ! :sungum:

Agree about the sending off. Looked innocuous from different angles

It's fairly likely to me that Chico was getting a bit of revenge for Sam ridiculing him for his histrionics in Swansea's home match against West Ham - which they lost.

It just amazes me that an experienced ref like Webb was taken in - even Michael Laudrup sounded a bit embarrassed in the post-match interview.

Granted, Carroll did catch the top of Flores' head with an outstretched arm (reckless conduct? - worth a booking maybe), but according to my paper Flores went down "as if he'd had acid thrown in his face", it was a blatant attempt to get AC sent off, which sadly worked.

• RMweb Premium

I bet you are! That's 3 derby victories on the trot now, isn't it?

I was well pleased for the Hammers yesterday despite the worst sending-off decision I've seen for ages

Pleased with the 3 points but the others in the battle all got something too, so status quo at the bottom. If there's any justice Carroll will not be banned for 3 games, but is there any justice.

Rob

• RMweb Premium

Status Quo at the bottom

Pleased with the 3 points but the others in the battle all got something too, so status quo at the bottom. If there's any justice Carroll will not be banned for 3 games, but is there any justice.

Rob

Status Quo at the bottom - that means 3 points and 3 chords.....    sorry, that was terrible.

If the panel studies the video footage, Carroll should surely have his card downgraded to yellow, but you never know.....

• RMweb Gold

Don't usually go in for this kind of post but that was awesome tonight by Chelsea. 21st century football and no buses harmed in the reaping of 3 points. Clean sheet, super tactics, more shots on target than the home team, 3 off the woodwork. All that against the most prolific scorers in the league. VERY happy Chelsea fan.

• Like 2

If the panel studies the video footage, Carroll should surely have his card downgraded to yellow, but you never know.....

I see Howard Webb remains in denial re his decision to send off Andy Carroll, presumably because it might affect his credibility as England's refereeing representative in Brazil.

I find myself in agreement with Andy Carroll - "Disgraceful".

• RMweb Gold

You were definitely worth the win, Colin, I had a suspicion we'd lose, the team's not quite right yet, hopefully we can learn from it... Still tight at the top!! :)

Having said that, they have been brilliant this year, look like beating Chelsea's scoring record and are excellent to watch so not an awful lot to learn , eh??

Still think you will win the league

• RMweb Premium

I see Howard Webb remains in denial re his decision to send off Andy Carroll, presumably because it might affect his credibility as England's refereeing representative in Brazil.

I find myself in agreement with Andy Carroll - "Disgraceful".

Looks like the FA have seen it from Webb's point of view...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26039222

All sorts of shenanigans over the past week or so...

• Arsenal get in a player to cover for their injury 'crisis', only to find the replacement is crocked himself for 6 weeks!
  • Leeds fire and then hastily unfire Brian McDermott
  • Joe Kinnear finally accepts he was as effective as a fart in a windsock in player recruitment at Newcastle; proving that by getting precisely all during January
  • Swansea get ruthless and fire Laudrup just in time for the South Wales derby

...and that's before we look at the continued tribulations of Man Utd, and the fact somehow Arsenal are still top of the league.

Still some things are as per usual; Pompey lost to Torquay last weekend and are still languishing towards the bottom of League 2...   <_<  :(

• RMweb Premium

Looks like the FA have seen it from Webb's point of view...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26039222

All sorts of shenanigans over the past week or so...

• Arsenal get in a player to cover for their injury 'crisis', only to find the replacement is crocked himself for 6 weeks!
  • Leeds fire and then hastily unfire Brian McDermott
  • Joe Kinnear finally accepts he was as effective as a fart in a windsock in player recruitment at Newcastle; proving that by getting precisely ###### all during January
  • Swansea get ruthless and fire Laudrup just in time for the South Wales derby

...and that's before we look at the continued tribulations of Man Utd, and the fact somehow Arsenal are still top of the league.

Still some things are as per usual; Pompey lost to Torquay last weekend and are still languishing towards the bottom of League 2...   <_<  :(

Well they're not going to contradict howard Webb are they. He's a very good ref' but in this instance he got it wrong. So for 3 crucial games Andy Carroll is out.  :banned:

Swansea have blinked, whereas Sam is staying. Which strategy was correct will be decided at the end of the season.

Leeds & Joe Kinnear both bizarre episodes.  :scratchhead:

It's a funny ole game.

Rob

Edited by mezzoman253

• RMweb Premium

I wouldn't have been nearly so annoyed about Carroll if "Cheato" Flores had also received at least a yellow card for his disgusting antics. The video evidence is there to see - he feigned injury, Carroll's hand was nowhere near his face. I can't help but think that if AC had meant to clout Flores, his fist might have been clenched (which it certainly wasn't).

Hopefully whoever takes over at Swansea will get rid of Flores at the end of the season, he's a disgrace and an embarrassment.

I wouldn't have been nearly so annoyed about Carroll if "Cheato" Flores had also received at least a yellow card for his disgusting antics.

I would agree with a red for Carroll and a yellow for Flores. Flores obviously feigned injury. But I think Carroll deliberately attempted to injure, trying to disguise it as swinging his arm to regain balance. He wasn't sure where Flores was going to be when his hand got there, but he knew he was going to be in the vicinity. Look at Carroll's face after he makes contact - he's not surprised. As someone posted on a football site I look at - if Flores had got up more quickly, Carroll would have got him right in the face. And you don't need to make a fist to do damage - the edge of a hand can be very painful.

Having said all that, given what players get away with now, Carroll probably genuinely does feel hard done by. I would love to see a referee apply the rules strictly in some of the EPL games I watch - they would probably be abandoned due to lack of players.

Bring back Clive Thomas!

(Edit for grammar)

Edited by pH

• RMweb Premium

Clive "the book" Thomas? No thanks!

Although on reflection I suppose he might be preferable to the likes of Webb and Clattenburg.....

Edited by Colin

Hi Footy Fans

Enyone interested in joining an online football management game. A group of us that originated from the NewRailwayModellers website setup a league in Xpert Eleven 5 or 6 years ago but our numbers are dwindling and we are looking for new recruits. our league has now been running for about 35 seasons but we are now only down to 7 teams. You manage a fictional set of players and have to organise your team for two matches a week. Takes a few minutes to set up each match at anytime up to 3 days before the game, Player Transfer system, develop players skills over the season , watch players increase or decrease skills on how they are used, various ways to have a bit of banter, earn money by writing your own match reports, prediction pools competitions, Teams of the week, Player tables for most goal scorers-assists-bookings- ratings etc  Free to join and any new managers are more than welcome.

If anyone is interested please take a look at www.xperteleven.com or apply to join our league by following this link http://www.xperteleven.com/?lid=84169

Cheers

John Geeeee (Leeds United fan)

Edited by John Geeee