Dapol DP2

DapolDave

• 1 year later...

So, Dapol is expected to duplicate a locomotive, with very limited sales potential because a handful of prospective buyers are not happy with a model that no one has actually received a production version of yet!

And this is supposed to be a hobby.

I despair

Mike Wiltshire

I'm with Mike on this one we've only seen some distorted camera pictures nothing to base any assumptions on. Until the model is seen in the light of day can any judgement be made. I would think it better for Dapol to use the work already done and give us a definitive production Deltic rather than the poor Bachmann version.

• RMweb Gold

I'm with Mike on this one we've only seen some distorted camera pictures nothing to base any assumptions on. Until the model is seen in the light of day can any judgement be made. I would think it better for Dapol to use the work already done and give us a definitive production Deltic rather than the poor Bachmann version.

If you think the Bachmann Deltic is poor than I can tell you having seen the Heljan DP2 that you will be disappointed. Heljan are not going to change the DP2 at this stage, its in production. It is not like Heljan to change something no matter how much negative attention it gets. In my opinion their 47s and 86s are much poorer efforts then DP2 and they have yet to change them. However whether its worth Dapol's while doing DP2 now is certainly open to debate. Other than the issues highlighted around the cab, it is pretty good, eg side view looks well but overall I think the recent 23 and 28 were better.

So, Dapol is expected to duplicate a locomotive, with very limited sales potential because a handful of prospective buyers are not happy with a model that no one has actually received a production version of yet!

And this is supposed to be a hobby.

I despair

Mike Wiltshire

Dispair all you like. I'm only going on what was said by Dapol ages ago that the project was put on hold until they saw what the Heljan one was like. Now its been seen is it so wrong to ask if they've decided what they are planning to do?

On the other hand if your quite happy to pay top dollar for compromised models, then be my guest and go ahead. Its your money.

It has been seen in the flesh, and the reports are not good.

Dispair all you like. I'm only going on what was said by Dapol ages ago that the project was put on hold until they saw what the Heljan one was like. Now its been seen is it so wrong to ask if they've decided what they are planning to do?

I'd expect Dapol to wait before they have a production DP2 from Heljan in their hands before making any decision on this, let alone any further statement of intent.

Archived