Announcments - Warley 2010

luke_stevens

Hi everyone,

clarification on our announcements of today;

1) Class 21/29 work is already unbderway on these OO gauge models and as with the class 22 project any help from you guys would be gratefully received with regards pictures etc.

2) DP2 is also underway and it looks like we have that pesky buffer beam curve completely sorted as well :blink:

Both the above should be the latter end of 2011 at the latest.

3) We are producing 2 types of scale pantographs in both OO and N gauge in plastic with no spring, merely a set maximum height just below the height of the wires we are producing (still testing these wires) These will be totally to scale and include insulators etc, and we envisage a price point of £7.95 for 2 x N gauge ones and £9.95 for 2 x OO ones.

4) 10000 + 10001 is delayed by 6 weeks as we have had to start another tool after finding 12 variants of this model and not the 8 we originally thought of and as such that many slides would weaken the single tool at worst and at least possibly cause unsightly mould lines.

5) The class 22 ( 1st EP on display) will be released during May 2011

6) Most if not all wagons previously announced will appear during 2011 including the MRA's

7) We are cutting metal on our 2/3/4 track 'H' frame gantry kit in OO gauge that will allow you to do either set up including missing track versions where the gantry stretches over a missing track previously lifted.

We had an N gauge 121 bubble car and a class 142 on display as well as new Britannia's (4 types) New B1's (4 types), all our HST's (almost ready, including a finished Grand Central one), New class 58's (including Mainline Blue) and a Network South East 86.

Hope this helps:D

Cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

Is it me or am I the only one who is excited about the release of the Turbots? I was half hoping they might be available for Warley. Maybe I was a year out! Oh well, the Cambrian versions will have to keep going for a while longer!

It would be nice to know if they were likely to be available in the first or second half of 2011 though!

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the update Dave. It allows those of us who are not able to get to Warley to know what your plans are without having them unintentionally muddled by the rest of us. rolleyes.gif

Hmmm, why don't I have a bigger house so I could go OO.

By the time it's time for me to upscale all these brilliant models will be gone, so best hope they all turn up in N.

DP2 in OO is interesting given Bachmann have the basic model shape already, not knocking as it is a welcome model, especially if downscaled to 2mm.

Question - you create a DP2 in OO, what next, I mean after all it was just an extension of the Deltic programme with a different engine (and a few grills, slightly different roof)

Bachmann have rather a nice Deltic in OO but the N gauge model is a little basic to say the least, but they have a prototype Deltic just released and I presume that body will easily mutate into something more production like.

Is DP2 a dealer commission or a straight Dapol one.

Want one, want one (in n of course).

Also 21/22 and a 29 please.

Bachmann have rather a nice Deltic in OO but the N gauge model is a little basic to say the least, but they have a prototype Deltic just released and I presume that body will easily mutate into something more production like.

Not really. The production Deltics had a different profile, different cab shape/detail, different grilles, different length, different bogie centres, different bogie wheelbase... the DP2 is much closer to a production Deltic as it was built as an add-on at the end of the production Deltics to keep costs down.

Not really. The production Deltics had a different profile, different cab shape/detail, different grilles, different length, different bogie centres, different bogie wheelbase... the DP2 is much closer to a production Deltic as it was built as an add-on at the end of the production Deltics to keep costs down.

That's interesting, so perhaps we might yet see a new N gauge Deltic model other than from Farish.

• RMweb Gold

4) 10000 + 10001 is delayed by 6 weeks as we have had to start another tool after finding 12 variants of this model and not the 8 we originally thought of and as such that many slides would weaken the single tool at worst and at least possibly cause unsightly mould lines.

I find this the most encouraging, it would have been all too easy for Daol to have "winged it" on this one, but the delay to get it right speaks volumes.

The scales have been tipped in favour of a pre-order of 10000 in original livery ;)

Hi all,

is it just me, or if Dapol are saying they will be producing DP2 and with their recent Press Release about only stating what they plan to release with just 1 month to go, does this mean we going to get a DP2 for Christmas?

See: Dapol's Press Release

To quote: 'New items under development will only be announced to the press, trade and public 1 month before they are due to be in the shops.'

I prefered the openness Dapol used to give, with plenty of chance for customer feedback but appreciate its dilmena with other meanufacturers. Either way, DP2 will be a nice addition to an ever-increasing prototype fleet.

Dapol DAVE: Could you enlighten us on whether DP2 is going to be available in a month's time, or are you just being kind enough to let us know to save up for the future?

Great stuff!

Cheers,

Ixion.

Please note there is now a separate topic for DP2 here and for the Class 21/29 here

It would be appreciated if further posts specifically on these models could be made in the relevant topic linked above (some posts on the 21/29 have been moved across; posts on DP2 predating Dave's OP remain in this topic).

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

clarification on our announcements of today;

7) We are cutting metal on our 2/3/4 track 'H' frame gantry kit in OO gauge that will allow you to do either set up including missing track versions where the gantry stretches over a missing track previously lifted.

Hope this helps:D

Cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

Hi Dave,

This certainly helps the DEMU - Scotland team with the layout we are building.

So I know how to adjust our schedule on the build...

A rough expectation of release date would be a great help!

Some photos of the real thing you are working from would also be useful as then we know what to expect and plan their incorporation into the layout.

If you can...

Brilliant!

If not...

We will understand!

DapolDave,

As you have "N" and "OO" experience, have you ever looked at doing a ready-to-run "009" locomotive (e.g. a Tallylyn or Ffestiniog) ?

I know a continental manufacturer proposed releasing a Ffestiniog Double-Fairlie a couple of years ago - but it was outrageously priced and it supposedly died for lack of orders.

I put this query here, merely as you seem to visit quite regularly.

Thanks for any thoughts.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ixion,

to clarify, the press release mentioning the 30 days is meant for N gauge products primarily but we are working on some OO products under this auspice.

21/29 and DP2 do not fall into this category so carry on saving.;)

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

In other words,the 30 day rule applies,except when it doesn't.:blink:

Have you considered politics,Dave? :P

Archived