kevpeo

Hi Kev

Good to meet you and see the Loch in all its Scottish BR Blue splendour. Here's a vid I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSStlSk6zIU

Guy

It was a bit noisy in the hall at times, but we let John off as he took us to a good pub in Washington on Fri night. Thanks very much for the vid Guy, but you are a cruel man, you got me in it! kev.

• Like 3

Hi Kev,

I came specifically to Newcastle to see Loch Dour and wasn't disappointed - cracking layout. I'm planning on adapting the the 'dog bone' shape for my own Scottish 80s layout that should commence building before the year is out.....my biggest problem now is how not to duplicate what you've done!

You were a bit busy at the time so didn't disturb you, and you'd obviously gone for a brew or bite to eat when I came back. SO just a quick question - what sort of radii have you had to resort to on the curves?

Dave

Hi Dave. As originally built the curves were 22’’ radius, on a four foot wide baseboard. But when the curved points for the extra storage roads were added to the ends, it caused the exit from the inner curve of the Peco curved point to tighten up to nearer 18’’ radius. For some reason this did cause issues with the two OBA wagons running on Sunday, which was cured by fitting longer Kadee’s. The only reason we could come up with for this was maybe the extra weight of the newly extended trains, as they get round the curves fine at home! Kev.

Edited by kevpeo

Hi Kev,

You wasted no time getting that extension to the fiddle yard done. I quite agree with the lads about extra trains including a special! Just think of the cooked breakfast on the footplate!

Guy brilliant video and great to see the trains in the landscape looks very good.

Thanks

Mark

I do tend to get ''stuck in'' to things Mark. Speaking of which, my 25 is now full of holes, let the filing commence! A photo to follow at the weekend, along with one of my latest ''toy'', which was run in at the clubrooms last night. Any guesses? Kev.

Hi Dave. As originally built the curves were 22’’ radius, on a four foot wide baseboard. But when the curved points for the extra storage roads were added to the ends, it caused the exit from the inner curve of the Peco curved point to tighten up to nearer 18’’ radius. For some reason this did cause issues with the two OBA wagons running on Sunday, which was cured by fitting longer Kadee’s. The only reason we could come up with for this was maybe the extra weight of the newly extended trains, as they get round the curves fine at home! Kev.

Thanks Kev, much appreciated.

Charter trains on 'Glen Albyn' will be SRSP maroon livered stock and a certain napier powered mainline loco that I'm involved with that's done a few jobs with our friends at the SRPS....and about to do another one in early December. :yes:

Dave

Hi Kev

I take it you like your Class 37's, I agree can't beat a bit of Clag...

Great YouTube Clips and real photos and the layout with plenty of trees makes a good back drop for your Photo's...

Excellent work, I'm interested, so more Photos please.... Love them....

Jamie

Cheers Jamie and Andy, but these might not be the kind of pictures you were expecting. So ok, some people may have a valid point when saying I’m nuts, but I plod on anyway! Here is my once perfectly serviceable Bachmann 25 after having been attacked with a cordless drill –

post-8271-0-60733800-1353160800_thumb.jpg

And again after a couple of hours filing –

post-8271-0-55428200-1353160817_thumb.jpg

Yes, well done if you have spotted that it’s the other side! The main radiator slats have not gone yet as I felt it would be better to replace the plastic that has already been removed before weakening the body further. The extra triangular grill on an air braked 25 can be seen ready to be fitted in front. This is from a now very sorry looking donor bodyshell and was the test piece, and is fitted with the slats from a Hornby body as will the rest of the holes!

The latest toy –

post-8271-0-94749100-1353160823_thumb.jpg

To become Eastfield’s 20 020 in green with full yellow ends and will receive a bass-enhanced speaker and my latest 20 program. Can you spot the catch in this project? More soon, Kev.

website - http://lochdour.webs.com/

Ha, well done Carl. Top of the class! Getting a green disc one without the tablet catcher recess is pretty hard these days. Plus it would work out more expensive and would need the chassis rebuilding to get a decent speaker in. So more plastic chopping is in order, once I get the 25 done that is! Kev.

But it's for the mid 70's period! 208 & 121 already cover the 80's so it's to be a partner for 119. One of my team also purchased an early 37 with buffer cowls, which will be visiting for decoder/speaker fitting before becoming one of the 70's Eastfield allocation, which a lot of the time seemed to be so filthy you could find it hard to see the yellow! Kev.

Ha, well done Carl. Top of the class! Getting a green disc one without the tablet catcher recess is pretty hard these days. Plus it would work out more expensive and would need the chassis rebuilding to get a decent speaker in. So more plastic chopping is in order, once I get the 25 done that is! Kev.

Don't forget that ex tablet catcher fitted ones had different cab side windows as well.

OzzyO.

• Like 1

To become Eastfield’s 20 020 in green with full yellow ends and will receive a bass-enhanced speaker and my latest 20 program. Can you spot the catch in this project? More soon, Kev.

website - http://lochdour.webs.com/

This sounds like the Irish man saying if you want to go to there, I wouldn't start from here.

OzzyO.

PS. sorry about to night.