Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

That shot of D1040 on the blocks is fantastic. Not that all the others aren't good, but there is something very special about this one!

One can just imagine the din from the engine reverberating around the train shed, very evocative, well done

• Like 1

Some great pictures Alan. I especially like the Western with the Steps in the background and the Western again at the stop blocks. The sound must have been amazing. A great testament to your modeling skills.

Keep 'em coming please.

Forgot to say that the painting was done as I have always done it, a lot of white ready mix poster paint with literally 2 drops of black slightly mixed in the pot, the rest of the mixing takes place as I'm painting. The brown areas are Humbrol dark brown sprayed onto the newly ballasted sidings and allowed to overspray the surrounding area to help in blend in with the area that was part of Wencombe goods yard.

• Like 2

I've been busy this evening building the wall around the goods shed. It still need capping stones. Before anybody mentions that all the other walls are stone and this one is brick, this was all due to the re-development during the war when it was easier to use brick rather than stone, just like the platform here and at Wencombe.

post-7090-0-38279500-1454363381_thumb.jpg

And then with the buildings back in place, you can hardly see it.

post-7090-0-52608000-1454363434_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-29190300-1454363456_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

What a wonderful thread this continues to be Alan.

Really loved the shot of D1040 it oozes Kingswear to me, and the buildings are very Kingsbridge, there's a good curry takeaway just round the corner from your harbour shots ;). Very much a model of the South Hams.

Neil

• Like 1