Wencombe/Kingsbridge Regis/Louville Lane

westerner

• 2 weeks later...

Like you Paul I too cannot make up my mind and I do have a maroon one as well as 2 green, unfortunately by the time they were painted maroon, after corporate blue had been established there weren't many steam locos running on the WR, so I feel I can only run the maroon one when I'm in total hydraulic mode.

• RMweb Gold

As you can imagine Alan they meet with my approval beautiful modelling all round and the coach destination is a nice touch.

Edited by gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

I converted a few of my layout photos like you and like yours they convey some character in them and remind me of the old Railway Modeller pictures before the advent of colour.Good work Al.

• RMweb Premium

Can you actually believe that we thought the Warships were exciting when they first appeared out of Mutley Tunnel at Plymouth in 1958? No, well neither can I, however they do have a certain 'class' in  retrospect.

P (ex 83D)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Scouring through the old photos that Frank Drake had given me I found this one of his wife (Flossie) and sister (Millie) waiting for the train to go into Paignton for the day to some shopping and further along the Platform was Dr. Grenville waiting to go to Exeter.

post-7090-0-90921000-1375698606_thumb.jpg

post-7090-0-01118200-1375698627_thumb.jpg

Edited by westerner
  • Like 9

• RMweb Gold

Whilst I was holidaying in the South Hams I thought of you Alan when I spotted a 'Tally Ho' coach on its journey between Totnes railway station and Kingsbridge.I'd love a model of one from the early days of that company.It would also be nice to see your characters catch a train to Brent. ;)

• Like 1

This fantastic layout continues to fascinate me - from the excellent modelling, the geographical setting for the line and the reason behind the running of each working.

Long may this continue Alan - and don't forget details of the timetable, when you get  a spare month or so!!!

With best wishes

exmoordave

Scouring through the old photos that Frank Drake had given me I found this one of his wife (Flossie) and sister (Millie) waiting for the train to go into Paignton for the day to some shopping and further along the Platform was Dr. Grenville waiting to go to Exeter.

attachicon.gifFigures f2B&W.jpg

attachicon.gifFigures f3B&W.jpg

I have a particular liking for "character" figures, as I think they add something extra to any layout. I was a little puzzled initially as to why Paignton was the shopping destination of choice rather than Torquay, until I remembered that "Woolies" is right next to the level crossing in Paignton and that Torquay Station is about a mile away from the shops in Fleet Street.

Anoter of Frank's photos this time of the Winter family (James Winter is the manager of the Creamery waiting for the Slapton local for a day at the seaside.

post-7090-0-08094100-1376056291_thumb.jpg

And this one of D820 Grenville was given to me by James himself taken from the dairy.

post-7090-0-94923800-1376056364_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

Alan, the photos of the 26th July I find particularly good, even by the high standards you routinely set, the first platform view and the one with the Prairie tank heading out especially. And when I get around to rolling stock on my layout, I am going to have remember this thread and find what you did to your Hornby Colletts, they look much better; some of it weathering but the handrails too. I need to check up on what Jules has been doing with his on Mayshill.

All the best,

Jon