The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Sorry I did not hear or see any bagpipes in that cr@ppy video*; didn't the photographer know how to use a tripod, plus that ugly face!

And, yes, I know that bagpipes have at least one drone.

*were they hidden in one (or more) of the guitars? :o

Edited by J. S. Bach
  • Like 8

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Who mentioned thunderstorms, we're having one.

Bon nuit.

Jamie

Same here. If it gets any closer,I will power down and pull the plugs. :(

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Gold

couldn't sleep as I kept thinking about the dimensions of the water towers at Birmingham New Street, for a scratchbuild that I am undertaking.  They were demolished in 1964/65 during the station rebuild and, therefore, I'm struggling to find the dimensions and shapes etc.   Just spent the last two hours, 02:00 to 04:00 doing online searches, to no avail.

g'night,

Mike

• Friendly/supportive 16

Andy's post above begs a question....

When does an ache become pain?

ps decided I will listen to the 08:00 news before gerrin out mi pit :)

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 12
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. No sign of the predicted rain this morning but Arthur Itis, and the sun disappearing from earlier this morning but before that the mackerel sky also indicated rain to come.

7 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

In other new, I have a  constant back, hip and knee ache due to the Osteoarthritis, but I seldom complain, I just exercise and take the tablets and live with it on a daily basis.

But about 2 Months ago a NEW pain arrived in the spine, just above the waist. It only occurs  when I stand up really strait, i.e. Stomach in, chest out and shoulders back, as one should anyway, and its like being hit with a large hammer in just one small area of the spine.

I hate to worry you but that could be a kidney stone. The pain feels like a punch whereas Si Attica is more like being stabbed. I have both and at first thought the kidney stone was sciatica. Arthur Itis pain falls somewhere between the two. Just as well you are going to be tested

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 15

2 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Morning all from Estuary-Land. No sign of the predicted rain this morning but Arthur Itis, and the sun disappearing from earlier this morning but before that the mackerel sky also indicated rain to come.

I hate to worry you but that could be a kidney stone. The pain feels like a punch whereas Si Attica is more like being stabbed. I have both and at first thought the kidney stone was sciatica. Arthur Itis pain falls somewhere between the two. Just as well you are going to be tested

Thanks Phil.:good: I've had Sciatica before and yes Bl00dy painful. 

• Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 13

Raining here now.

My BBC Weather forecast on my phone says Sunshine now.

Wife's BBC Weather forecast on here phone says rain until lunch time.

We are sitting almost next to each other:banghead:

• Like 9
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

It’s a little brighter than yesterday, but it’s not brilliant sunshine. No cellar work today, as I’ll shortly be heading off to the butchers for the weekly meat rations and hopefully a pastie for dinner. I’ll then head off to the Trafford Centre for a few more comestibles. Sheila, on the other hand, will be meeting up with some of her Zumba friends for a coffee, so once I’m back from the Trafford Centre, I’ll have the place to myself for the rest of the morning. I’ve no firm plans for anything, so I might just chill and do some reading. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian

• Like 18

Dry and sunny here in North Somerset. A few wispy clouds but mainly blue sky. 

I think I can just about make out the distant mountains (only seen on a few days each year) above the line of Tickenham Hill which is much closer. The trigonometry of this is prone to inaccuracy but with an angle of between 1 and 1.5 deg to the horizontal, it cuts out all high ground (because the nearby hills obscure them) except somewhere close to the Brecon Beacons which are 50 miles away. Hence they are a rare sight. 

Washing is on, and should dry quickly outside today. 

• Like 18

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Time to get on with my usual Friday meeting extravaganza. (fustercluck of idiots)

Enjoy the day. 

I think you've coined a new phrase there.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 11

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Raining here now.

My BBC Weather forecast on my phone says Sunshine now.

Wife's BBC Weather forecast on here phone says rain until lunch time.

We are sitting almost next to each other:banghead:

You couldn't make this up.:scared:

Wife's phone now says; Its SUNSHINE now.

Mine says; its raining.

And YES, it is raining still. :notme::rolleyes::banghead::swoon:

• Like 7
  • Funny 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

editor ahoy - again, so I told him/it to clear off.  It's raining here and the Met Office forecast says it's raining here so it must be - anyway it's good for teh garden and the weeds are looking splendid asa. result while teh recently cleared areas of weed are also looking splendid.

I see things are somewhat uppity-downity off the US Pacific north west coast with two magnitude 5.9 'quakes follwed by after  shocks which are now down to magnitude 3.2  but no tsunami expected..  trust all living with quake range are having a good night despite a bit of interruption.

I agree wholeheartedly with Chris's comments about East-West rail nimbys - no doubt they'll take one look at the massive fences erected alngside much of the revived Oxford - Bicester section and ask for some twice as high in their area.  At this rate fences alongside reopened railways will cost more than the track.  And an excellent lead from Chris regarding that photo he lighted upon.  Elsw ewhetre on different subject I am deeply omn nto crrecting teh total ninsense posted by someone else - although the poster concerned has a habit of it I do wish he wouldn't post about stuff of which he knows absolutely nothing and makes it up as he goes along - all part of life's rich pageant of course but. such people can be very trying.  

no particular plans for today but gettinga newspaper might be a good idea if teh rain stops and we can venture out.

Have a good day one and all and stay safe.

• Like 19