The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

But can you Beta? I loved a Beta HPE.

My Great Uncle had a Giulia Sprint GT Veloce. DOHC 1,600 cc c/w 5 speed box, bloody exotic for 1966!

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic

Morning all,

Suns just breaking through some low cloud, cocks are crowing, (or making a bl***dy din!) and one of the village peacocks is joining in!

Enjoy your day

Trev.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all. Greetings from a cool and slightly cloudy Essex.

We are off to Northamptonshire today to spend the weekend with Aditi's brother. Matthew will join us from Leicester.

I've never owned an Italian car, my Dad had a Fiat Mirafiore. He went out to buy a new Lada but bought the used Fiat instead. Apart from the rust and electrical problems he seemed to like it.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Morning all...

Too busy to post anything yesterday, so I hope you'll excuse my absence... Builders are working next door, so I still cannot sleep in as late as I would have liked. I think I'll hit the sack rather early tonight.

In any case, I hope you'll all be having a calm weekend... :)

I`m dropping my Father off at the landing-stage, for a rare and unusual trip (on a Mersey Ferry) into Garston Dock this morning.......then I`ll be mowing/tidying/strimming the (now) near-jungle that I laughably call my rear-garden.......the dogs will surely be thrilled; for, their 'botties' have been tickled by tall-grass, nettles and weeds for several weeks since! :mosking:

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

have been tickled by tall-grass, nettles and weeds for several weeks since! :mosking:

My dog is very fond of seeking out clumps of nettles for lavatorial use. I'm sure he doesn't mean for me to get stung when "tidying up" for him.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I was correct* about the blue sky. It has all but gone.

It is 2C outside and it is sleeting. Typical bank holiday then.

*I know………

……it doesn't happen very often.

Rotten b••••••s Gordon!

Morning all. Blue skies here just now. No doubt BoD's sleet will spread up...

Off to the West shortly. Like Debs I'll be on a slipway today. Planning to take the ferry across from Largs to Great Cumbrae.

Have a good Saturday all!

• Like 1

Morning all. Seems like last week's horror story was not an isolated incident...

This is another of our favourite walking places from a month ago.

http://www.dailymail...sandwiches.html

I tend to try and see the good in all.................however; I struggle to understand the mindset of anyone so hateful as to randomly cause agonising-suffering to an animal (and the people whom so-dearly care for them).

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Mornig all, another wet one. Just going in to Eastleigh loco works to do some work on 30925 trying to get it somewhere near ready for its appearance at York Railfest. Looks like we're going to be here till midnight again, all because we (supposedly) love it.

Have a good one.

Edited by PhilH
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Change of plans here. We will be at home. Aditi has been infected with that virus that people working in education seem to get, the one the gives flu like symptoms whenever a holiday or long weekend arrives.

I've cancelled Robbie's weekend away but although I think he was suspicious about something (all of his belongings had been washed in preparation for his hols) I'm sure he won't mind.

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Good Morning from a rain free ( at the moment at least ) locality .

Spent several hours and far to much money at the Bristol show yesterday , a few very nice layouts and

the usual mix of okay ones . Some good trade meant the hand was in the pocket a little to often though .

I'll try to have a quiet day today I think , a quick trip to the shops and some shed time ought to do it .

Have a good one all .

Edited by Sidecar Racer

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

Still that same old cloudy overcast here - the sort that looks as if it is bringing rain but doesn't (just like most of the cloud over Australia from what I saw there). Well we didn't obtain an exercise bike yesterday - basically it seems that John Lewis in Reading has ceased to take an interest in folk who clearly want to buy things but find an entire dept staffed by one person whose sole interest is in selling sports shoes. So today we are off to a local jeweller for a look at his 'pre-owned' stock - one hopes the 'right thing' might not be there or today's spending might make me wish I'd gone to the Bristol show (and I much prefer jewellery shopping at auction - it's cheaper, a lot cheaper). I wonder if anybody local sells exercise bikes?

Morning All,

(Well - not really - I should probably say Afternoon all!)

It is somewhat overcast here today, and it has been drizzling most of the morning. As promised here are some photos from Miniatur Wunderland - most were taken by my Girlfriend, she is a better photographer than I am!

Tag3_3_MiniWunderLand35.jpg

Tag3_3_MiniWunderLand13.jpg

Tag3_3_MiniWunderLand18.jpg

Tag3_3_MiniWunderLand9.jpg

Have a good day everyone...

The rest can be seen here: http://s590.photobuc...tur Wunderland/

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon All

Late on parade again - went for a longish walk first, then got bogged down in the fiendishly difficult jigsaw - it's already driving me mad, and I'm pretty convinced that there's only half the pieces there! These Wentworth puzzles are not for the faint hearted, but they are strangely addictive - I think I might actually acquire a few more (I see they turn up on Ebay quite often).

It's overcast now, and when I went out first thing, the temperature was about 3oc and the bird bath in the back was frozen quite solid - forecast is for chilly nights for a few days.

Gordon this putting down of poison is nothing short of despicable - though the twisted individual responsible will have some sort of obscure reason for doing this, and when caught should just be let loose after an announcement in the local rag as to what he/she did and the local pet owners can do the rest.

Rant over

Regards to All

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Largs and Cumbrae tomorrow.

Indeed - have fun - I used to love going to Millport for the day after getting an ice cream in Nardini's. The thought of a ferry trip on a Sunday brings to mind the words of of the song:

"To whistle or be merry

Or travel on a ferry

Would get you hung

On Scotland's Sabbath Day"

• RMweb Premium

I just read how a 27-year old motorist trashed a McLaren F1 on the autobahn last night. While he did not suffer any injuries, the car's a total write-off, with the police estimating the damage to be about 240,000 € and attributing the accident to lack of care and attention.