The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

4 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

Nope. They'll get their variants, 'cos what we are seeing are mutations not evolutions. And given that the Deep South (allegedly) has significant pockets of human mutations (12 fingers and all that jazz), it won't be long until a Po' Wh1te Trash variant comes along.

Err, the natural selection of beneficial genetic variations caused by random mutations IS evolution. :read:

If there had been an evolutionary benefit in having twelve fingers and thumbs then we'd all have twelve digits and we'd have to redesign musical instruments. Given that base twelve arithmetic would be better than base ten because it divides more ways suggests that being good at maths wasn't an evolutionary advantage but don't tell my niece that because she's a maths teacher . :no:

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium
44 minutes ago, Pacific231G said:

Err, the natural selection of beneficial genetic variations caused by random mutations IS evolution. :read:

If there had been an evolutionary benefit in having twelve fingers and thumbs then we'd all have twelve digits and we'd have to redesign musical instruments. Given that base twelve arithmetic would be better than base ten because it divides more ways suggests that being good at maths wasn't an evolutionary advantage but don't tell my niece that because she's a maths teacher . :no:

Unfortunately in the deep south, beneficial evolutionary mutations appear to have gone in reverse..

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 3
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold

Evenin' each,

Late here today due to various things getting in the way then when I tried to catch up more and more music was being posted which I just had to listen to.

My offers are Eva Cassidy with Over the Rainbow, Songbird and Fields of Gold: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rd8VktT8xY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTNLYeaL7No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UVjjcOUJLE

• Like 15
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Pacific231G said:

I wonder what the evolutionary benefit of Rhesus Negative is? 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Covers.

While I catch up on all your splendid looking offerings, here are some \ of mine.

When looking for some well known folk tunes to play on my fifes, I came across these renditions of some of my favourite (I have loads of favourites!) music/songs.

Time to make a cuppa but I'll be back to listen yours, never worry...

Polly

• Like 16

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, chrisf said:

Greetings one and all

...snip... Cover versions: for a good rocking version of “Bad Moon Rising” I commend that by the Battlefield Band, with bagpipes in full cry. ...snip...

Best wishes to all

Chris

I found the Band on YouTube but the instruments sounded more like regular Appalachian fiddles to me; this version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpdGR7JYiLc&list=RDxpdGR7JYiLc&start_radio=1&t=16&ab_channel=CelticDreams

Now, if only they had done Proud Mary using bagpipes!! I found online a piano arrangement and gave it Susan our church organist; hopefully when this mess has calmed down, I will be able to hear it on the pipe organ!!!!! :yahoo_mini::yahoo_mini::yahoo_mini::yahoo_mini:

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, BoD said:

By paperwork do you mean the invitation letter, Tony?  Valerie received the letter, booked online and the only ‘evidence’ she has is a text message 

When the jab was booked on the system, there was an option to have a text message, an email or print. Aditi did all of them. Aditi said the nearest person to her was showing the reception a text. The reference number they need is in the text. The reference number and NHS number are all that is needed. Aditi thought people who were health and social care workers were asked additional questions. Aditi was there due to age not occupation. 
My GP booked jab didn’t require anything as they said they had registered me. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

.  I have yet to hear anything

If you meet the criteria for the new extended susceptibility list you will soon. If not you will be contacted by your age group. Aditi had an email today about being added as one of the new 1.7 million vulnerable but she had already booked her jab having received a letter for being in the over 65 group. 

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

8 hours ago, tigerburnie said:

I used to like George Formby................................................it's turned out nice again, so we're off for a walk.............................

Flanagan and Allen?

Brian.

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

Three re-referrals from the GP have brought no response at all.

The initial vulnerable list was generated from hospital records so in my case it would have come from the gastro consultant and was due to the immunosuppressive medication. My heart, lung and kidney conditions didn’t qualify. Aditi’s asthma and diabetes didn’t qualify. GPs were then sent the lists and they were able to add (or remove) patients. The list of conditions is now longer and GPs are contacting those who now “qualify”. However Aditi’s email doesn’t say why she had been added, we don’t think it is due to living in deprivation! She thinks probably BMI, though not as high as the chap who got offered a vaccine due to his BMI being something like 28000 after his height had been entered as 6.2 cm. 

Edited by Tony_S
  • Like 15
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, grandadbob said:

Evenin' each,

My offers are Eva Cassidy with Over the Rainbow, Songbird and Fields of Gold: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rd8VktT8xY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTNLYeaL7No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UVjjcOUJLE

Lovely choice Bob, very relaxing.:good:

One minute I enjoy that, the next it might be Van Halen or Megadeath, Joe Bonamassa, Blues Bros, OR as at the moment, the Good Lady has a Classical program on her Google Mini Nest, and were just chilling out.

• Like 15