The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

49 minutes ago, Simon G said:

........and came back with a boot full of firewood.  The wood had been dumped by the roadside on a country lane, and was perfectly OK, so I got some free wood and cleared up some fly tipping at the same time.

You should be safe, provided that there were no cameras and if there were that the local council don't play the recording backwards just to get their conviction rate up ;)

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Like 1
  • Funny 17
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Writtle near Chelmsford on the A414 today.

image.png.76f4269ea0b75d271873989815261984.png

And a bit further westwards, a similar formation, though possibly a different cause: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-56029510

Time to scurry off, I hear the anthems playing...

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, iL Dottore said:

cake cooling on the patio

That would not be safe here at present. Anything vaguely edible attracts the flock of gulls circling overhead. A week ago they were not willing to land in our small garden but they are now. Even if the gulls (black headed variety) don’t appear the resident wood pigeons appear. They don’t even seem bothered by the gulls though. 
Tony

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

That would not be safe here at present. Anything vaguely edible attracts the flock of gulls circling overhead. A week ago they were not willing to land in our small garden but they are now. Even if the gulls (black headed variety) don’t appear the resident wood pigeons appear. They don’t even seem bothered by the gulls though. 
Tony

I wonder if Mike could lend you some of his Red Kites. They’ll keep gulls at bay whilst being strictly carnivorous. Cake will be safe 

• Like 19

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Gwiwer said:

I wonder if Mike could lend you some of his Red Kites. They’ll keep gulls at bay whilst being strictly carnivorous. Cake will be safe 

I really don’t mind the gulls. We don’t put cake out to cool anyway. Seeing them practice landings is quite exciting. We don’t get much excitement nowadays. Not that I particularly crave excitement!
We think other people must have put lots of birdie treats out when it was the Garden Birdspotting weekend recently as we had hardly any. Since then as well as the usual birds we have had a pair of redwing and a jackdaw visiting. 
This is not Red Kite country . When we have visited Reading or Kettering the kites are very noticeable in the sky. 

• Like 17

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. The use-by-date lottery means tonights dinner is going to be liver and bacon with sweet potato mash and broccoli followed by bread and butter pudding. 

2 hours ago, Erichill16 said:

Polybear not been on here today. I wonder if he’s on a mission?
Bears have a good sense of smell so wouldn’t leave the cake on the patio too long.

I suspect this is all part of a plot by Captain Sinister to capture a cake aficionado and hold him to ransom and the cake is the bait.:jester::diablo_mini: I have nothing to fear as bread pudding is in plentiful supply.

• Like 2
  • Funny 17

7 hours ago, jamie92208 said:

Great progress to report, she has started to say her first multi syllable  word, namely "bubbles" with a great smilevon her face as she chases them round.  

‘Bubble’ was our oldest son’s first multi syllable word, too. Different reason, though - I had a fermentation going in the airing cupboard.

• Like 2
  • Funny 17

Evening all 

Good to see Bill Bishop back like others have said I can't remember him posting anything complaint worthy.

Still blooming cold here making arthritis hurt like mad. 

Pyrocanthus berries that are left are being stripped by clocks of sparrows.

Our foxes haven't been seen for a.couple of weeks of could be that we have missed them.

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, simontaylor484 said:

I can't remember him posting anything complaint worthy

I suspect the person who complained isn’t around anymore and has gone back to living under a bridge hiding from assertive goats. 

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7