The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Just now, Barry O said:

The jab will be delivered in a Health Clinic I have never been to.. I assumed people all know that the vaccine is administered  in an arm.....obviously not...

There are other muscles suitable for injection: the gluteus maximus, the quadriceps, the semimebraneous and the vastus lateralis to name but a few. Of course, access to some of these is often complicated by the need for the patient/subject to undergo significant disrobing or wardrobe adjustment.....

• Like 10
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
On 11/02/2021 at 16:25, PhilJ W said:

For a change who would you want to leave on a desert island? :jester: Don't all rush now but N***l F****e tops my list. No politicians please  (unless disguised as I have done here.)

There's a Mr. Johnson I would happily leave behind.  He's no politician :jester: 

Other opinions and persons are available

• Agree 2
  • Funny 9

1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

Y'know. I can live with the smarta*se comments, but it's the rotten bu99ers who agreed with them who will feel the wrath of my displeasure and make no mistake,,,,,

I'm ok then, I only laughed :)

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 14

1 minute ago, Barry O said:

No it isn't.. rocket science is quite simple by comparison....

Baz

Really? 

I just read the NHS guidance.....

"What happens at the appointment

Your appointment should last for around 30 to 45 minutes.

You'll be asked some questions about your medical history.

It's important to tell the staff giving you the vaccination if you have ever had a severe allergic reaction or you are pregnant.

If your appointment is at a vaccination centre, you'll be asked for your booking reference numbers.

You will then be given an injection of the vaccine into your upper arm.

All places that offer COVID-19 vaccinations will help keep you safe from COVID-19. There will be regular cleaning and social distancing in waiting areas." 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/what-happens-at-your-appointment/

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Fish & Chips for dinner tonight - Mr Singh's best as usual.  although his emporium is the furthest away from us the extra distance the foraging party have to travel is  more than worth the effort.  

The river is still fairly high but the 'early indication' (of flooding) section of the tow path is now reasonably passable so its definitely receding.  The aerial pics in the paper are really apropos of not very much - it has  been far worse than that once in this century and the levels shown are fairly typical of what it used to be like most winter/spring flooding periods back in my youthful years with exactly the same places flooding now as were flooded back then.   And guess what - the areas which used to be managed water meadows are also flooded just like they were every year when the problem would have been them not getting flooded.

https://www.henleystandard.co.uk/video/tv/73742/henley-s-floods-filmed-from-the-air.html?cmpredirect

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

@jonny777.. being an ex rocket scientist following the guidelines/instructions is not rocket science. Rocket science is easy..what goes up must come down, thrust must be greater than mass ×g... see simples...

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Like 9
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, jonny777 said:

I just read the NHS guidance.....

"What happens at the appointment

Your appointment should last for around 30 to 45 minutes.

You'll be asked some questions about your medical history.

It's important to tell the staff giving you the vaccination if you have ever had a severe allergic reaction or you are pregnant.

If your appointment is at a vaccination centre, you'll be asked for your booking reference numbers.

You will then be given an injection of the vaccine into your upper arm.

All places that offer COVID-19 vaccinations will help keep you safe from COVID-19. There will be regular cleaning and social distancing in waiting areas." 

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/what-happens-at-your-appointment/

That's a nice little fantasy...

My father had his first this morning. Excepting the location of the injection, his experience didn't correspond with the above. 

"Err ... 'oo are ya? Okky, roll tha sleeve up. Ere tha go (passing over some standard advice booklet), now **** off" is not something to inspire you with confidence in a medical service. 

No reactions as yet, though no plans made for tomorrow in case of a rough day. Still brass monkeys and the wind has increased since I last put the whiskers outside, so no great loss. 

Instead I shall prepare some surprises for any arch-villains with ruffled feathers planning on making unannounced visits... 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 16

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Barry O said:

@jonny777.. being an ex rocket scientist following the guidelines/instructions is not rocket science. Rocket science is easy..what goes up must come down, thrust must be greater than mass ×g... see simples...

Baz

I agree. Rocket science is fairly simple however some of the rocket technology is complex. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 11

1 hour ago, jamie92208 said:

I better watch out, he doesn't have to cross La Manche to get to me.

Jamie

Cowering.

You do realise that I don’t have to “cross La Manche” to get to you? A short chopper ride from the Alpine Redoubt and my minions will be “having a quiet word” with you.

And on that note, I bid you a good night (and enjoy the anticipation Jamie :butcher:)

iD

• Funny 18

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, iL Dottore said:

You do realise that I don’t have to “cross La Manche” to get to you? A short chopper ride from the Alpine Redoubt and my minions will be “having a quiet word” with you.

And on that note, I bid you a good night (and enjoy the anticipation Jamie :butcher:)

iD

Should any profferings of local cognac be forthcoming, standing combat air patrols can be provided Jamie.

Dave

• Funny 18

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, laurenceb said:

Getting them to go where you want them to is the interesting bit

no.. that, surprisingly, is an easy bit.. its the tangent ogive nose cones which are hard to do(!)

:jester:

Baz

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 5

15 hours ago, chrisf said:

Will this open up more of the social opportunities which I have declined in the past?  I’m not holding my breath.

Best wishes to all

Chris

The prospect of fine dining in a tent or on a cold patio does nothing for me, I'm afraid.  Besides what's the point of a group of people, known or otherwise, sitting in a confined space do anything to stop the spread of covid.  Its about all restaurant owners can come up with in these stricken times, but its not enough to provide a steady path to solvency.  Certainly a problem for them all but I like my home cooking and shan't be returning to traditional restaurant dining until its safe to do so.  If that takes time, so be it!

Brian.

• Like 8
  • Agree 9