The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

9 minutes ago, grandadbob said:

I think that could get very political very quickly Phil.

Hence no comment from me Bob, once I start ranting I have a job to stop, unless its for a bit of cake, which incidentally I'm not aloud, so that could start another rant.:o

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold

Many happy returns to Chrisf's aunts. 

Like others I really do hope that you can see them again soon, Chris.

I'm always amazed though,  by how all of the sets of twins that I know have birthdays on the same day.  I mean, what are the chances of that happening?

Edited by BoD
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 13

• RMweb Premium
51 minutes ago, BoD said:

Many happy returns to Chrisf's aunts. 

Like others I really do hope that you can see them again soon, Chris.

I'm always amazed though,  by how all of the sets of twins that I know have birthdays on the same day.  I mean, what are the chances of that happening?

37 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

Had my Covid vaccine at lunchtime at the local medical centre. I was surprised that I never felt anything when the nice lady stabbed me with the syringe needle. In fact, I was still waiting for the pain when she told me it was all done. Astra-Zeneca for me apparently. 

On the subject of twins. I wonder how many there are out there who don't have their birthdays on the same day? There must be a few women who give birth to babies either side of midnight. 

There was a case a couple of years ago where one twin was born on the 31st of August just before midnight and the other twin was born early on the following day the 1st. of September. A problem arose when it was time for them to start school as the school year starts on the 1st of September and the education authority said only the older twin could start school, the younger one would have to wait a year. I never heard of the outcome but hopefully someone used a bit of common sense.

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 7

• RMweb Gold
51 minutes ago, jonny777 said:

On the subject of twins. I wonder how many there are out there who don't have their birthdays on the same day? There must be a few women who give birth to babies either side of midnight. 

That only happens when they were conceived either side of midnight. 

Edited by BoD
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 16

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Barry O said:

Fish and Chips for tea tonight.. woopiddoooo!

Snap! 

• Like 11

• RMweb Premium

Desert island companion - Bear Grylls - he can catch the food and then build a raft so we can escape.

Desert island kickoff - any of the reality TV shows-Kardashians/Geordie Shore/TOWIE/Chelsea etc.

I don't and have never knowingly watched them, but Junior NB is somehow a subscriber..........

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 15
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, BoD said:

Regarding hobbies.  I like to listen to music and read a lot. Since I retired I am working my way through the pile of books I collected when I was working -  in the hope that one day I might have time to read them all. Somehow though, the pile still seems to be growing rather than shrinking.  Also since retiring I have dabbled in drawing and watercolours, and bashing tunes out of a keyboard (sorry Tony).

This photograph I bodged a while ago rather nicely sums up some of my other interests.

hol3.jpg.3fa10412fdaebb8c856ff8318d1cc151.jpg

I thought the bottom right was an interest in campanology then I looked more closely. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 11