The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium

This may seem slightly weird but I am in the habit of thanking those who wish us good night with the appropriate icon. This then shows along with others who have done the same. The following day nothing shows at all of any thanks I left yet others are still recorded Any ideas?

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 6
  • Friendly/supportive 10

• RMweb Premium
36 minutes ago, petethemole said:

I have an uncontrollable urge to install Windows 10....

Either that or wear a tinfoil hat........

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, petethemole said:

I duly went for my jab yesterday.  I'd assumed it was at the surgery but Mrs mole looked up their website and told me they were using the University medical centre, which I checked but was dubious about as the last update was 6th Jan.  After a visit to Sainsbury I got a bus to the Uni with plenty of time to spare if needed, which it was as the jabs were indeed being done at the surgery.  Another bus took me there.  (we have a local bus company, Unilink, that uses the Uni as a transport hub).  I got there a few minutes late and joined a queue waiting for the door to open.  We were processed quickly, with at least four rooms being used, and received the AZ vaccine.  The surgery is down a short, narrow side street and shares a car park with a Co-op; the parking and access by car was chaotic.  I have no side effects other than the slightly achey arm at the jab site, which is normal.

I have an uncontrollable urge to install Windows 10....

Stay elfy,

Pete

Hi Peter.

Great you got your jab.

If you ever need it there's a map available to help you. I'm sure you know your way around, though.

https://maps.southampton.ac.uk/#18/50.93553/-1.39958/bus

You can call up a variety if layers. The link I've provided has the Unilink routes and bus arrival times for each stop. Coverage is up to Eastleigh and down to the port. 

From memory the coastal aerial imagery pulls in quite a high definition data set.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, Gwiwer said:

The BBC has now removed the reference to him dying "from" then later "with" Covid.  Their reporting now states simply that he has passed away aged 100 having suffered pneumonia.  They confirm he did test positive for Covid however a statement from his family advises

It seems that the virus may not in fact have been responsible for his passing at all.  

Some news sources are still saying that its corvid. However he had pneumonia first and its likely that was the cause of death. When I was working I also dealt with pensions and there was always several copies of death certificates coming in every month and many had pneumonia as cause of death or a contributory reason. If covid-19 had not happened he still would have contracted pneumonia and its consequences would have been the same. 

I did note that when HM knighted Sir Tom that it was one of her few if only public engagements last year, good for you ma'am.

Edited by PhilJ W
  • Like 6
  • Agree 12

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AndyB said:

Hi Peter.

Great you got your jab.

If you ever need it there's a map available to help you. I'm sure you know your way around, though.

https://maps.southampton.ac.uk/#18/50.93553/-1.39958/bus

You can call up a variety if layers. The link I've provided has the Unilink routes and bus arrival times for each stop. Coverage is up to Eastleigh and down to the port. 

From memory the coastal aerial imagery pulls in quite a high definition data set.

Thanks, but I've been a regular user of their two main routes U1 and U6 since we moved here in 2006 and occasionally before that, so I'm familiar with them.  I could get a bus from near home (5mins walk) to near work (about 2 mins walk).   It's a very good service.. The U6 used to run through the Swaythling Arch using saloons but the service was upgraded to deckers for higher loadings and re-routed to a stop further away.

• Like 14