The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

4 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

Well, the EGM of the bike club went well, had a great laugh which really cheered me up.  Mick telling us tales of when he worked in plant hire is always good value - rescuing a digger IN the Thames was todays tale!

I can't believe the stories of the head in the sand approach to testing you guys are telling us, it is precisely the opposite reaction that has gotten us OUT of lockdown here twice.  A bit of common sense has done us proud once again.

I refer the Honourable Gentleman to his previous remarks about upside down cars and snowed in police vehicles.

Edited by Winslow Boy
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, New Haven Neil said:

260983604_douglas1221.jpg.115fc3f8790dbbae6db603de23f90fcc.jpg

Q, there's a reason for that.....but religion is banned on here too!

Religion, Politics, and Population Demographics,

or Lies, Damn lies, and Statistics..

• Like 6
  • Agree 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3

13 minutes ago, polybear said:

Bear merely splits the cake, scrapes the dross out and replaces it with buttercream.....:yahoo:

The RSPCA?

Bear has spent the morning sanding walls.  Not my idea of fun.  Bear will be spending the afternoon sanding more walls....:angry:

Unfortunately PB it would appear that the RSPCA have taken the decision, in light no doubt of the cock ups and wasted funds spent on fools errands prosecutions, to no longer prosecute 'brain dead evil b.....,.ds' other epithets are available, who abuse animals. Whether this is a good thing I leave you to decide.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, Barry O said:

Bob

our Dyson was getting less capable of actually cleaning so.. a Shark has been purchased. Much lighter and easier to use and..it comes with headlights(!). Seems to pull more dirt up than the Dyson

Baz

A Shark is top of the list for consideration Baz. Headlights would be handy in event of a power cut.... er ... hang on... or possibly not! :scratchhead::rolleyes:

Edited by grandadbob
  • Funny 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

5 hours ago, leopardml2341 said:

Mornin'

Semi-dull and grey in South Derbsyhsire. 

Up to 10C and 60% chance of heavy rain later.

Still semi dull and grey - but no rain and it don't feel anything like 10C...........

• Like 12
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Winslow Boy said:

I refer the Honourable Gentleman to his previous remarks about upside down cars and snowed in police vehicles.

In turn I refer M'learned friend to my earlier post  regarding inversion of the Manx motor vehicles.

• Like 14

I dont want to be critical of Captain Sir Tom but according to reports his family were with him. Why was this allowed when most of the other victims wernt allowed their families with them including the 10 year old in my sons class that lost his dad to Covid 2 weeks before Christmas 

• Agree 11
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

A Shark is top of the list for consideration Baz. Headlights would be handy in event of a power cut.... er ... hang on... or possibly not! :scratchhead::rolleyes:

But of course it is then a good excuse for 'leaving it for another day'.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Ian Abel said:

Chewsday...

About to post and got the news that Captain Sir Tom has succumbed to COVID. RIP, however I wonder now how the family fee about that vacation??

Is there any report on where he contracted it?

Barbados in December, so he caught it long after he returned..

• Like 6
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Bear has just checked the Which? Magazine Vacuum Cleaner test, courtesy of my 1 month trial :smile_mini:

Two Shark models are "Best Buys"; top spots 1 & 3 go to AEG models (83% & 80%) for five hundred notes (HOW MUCH?  My first moped cost less than that new - it was 1981 though....) and £129.  There are six Miele models in the top 14 (Bear has had a Meile for probably 20 years).

SharkLift-Away Upright Vacuum Cleaner with TruePet NV602UKT        78%    £149.99

SharkLift-Away True Pet NV601UKT   77%      £424.99

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 12
  • Friendly/supportive 2