The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Tony_S said:

We watched the first episode of a French crime drama series on iPlayer last night. There are 84 more episodes. First episode was from 2005! 

Tony

Spiral?

We're also watching it, currently on season 6! Season 8 is on the BBC, its the last season and we're recording that. 

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 5

Afternoon all, still raining out there but my pond ice is thawing, but it still feels cold. No plans to be going anywhere today, we went to the farm up the road in the car yesterday, got some eggs and came back the long way round to give the car a run, it hadn't moved for two weeks. We are told our GP had a box of vaccine delivered and they were doing the over 80's, they had no idea if or when they would get any more, so we wait and keep out of the way.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, BSW01 said:

Spiral?

We're also watching it, currently on season 6! Season 8 is on the BBC, its the last season and we're recording that. 

Yes. I need the subtitles. Aditi is adding to her French vocabulary. 

• Like 14

• RMweb Premium

We both need to use the subtitles, but it's very good. Much better than some of the carp that the beeb are currently putting out in their prime time slots! 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

Seems like civil servants throughout the world never understand what "best efforts" means...

cost my company a lot of money when the mod wouldn't sign up to specific dates for them to deliver their buildings..then.. they charged liquidated damages as we couldn't deliver to a number of buildings which were not ready.. pah!

Baz

Edited by Barry O
  • Friendly/supportive 17

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, Barry O said:

Postage anywhere at the moment is a lot hit and miss. Royal Mail have lost 3 parcels recently.. pah!

Leeds sorting centre is a bit of a black hole at the moment.

Most of our stuff heads that way and we probably get 5-6 email per day asking where their parcel is.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 15

1 hour ago, grandadbob said:

Not on until tonight so I didn’t stay put for long as the sun made an appearance.  Managed about a mile walk and apples etc procured.  I even bought Herself some flowers, daft sentimental old sod that I am! :wub:

I give SWMBO plenty of warning regarding my ‘hopes’ but always seem to be on the last push. Have already given her a Scarborough warning about tomorrow’s match.

• Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Barry O said:

is threatening to do the show and tell... I believe the words used by some one else in power said.. "tantamount to treason"

The “threat” to publish vaccine supply figures in Scotland was in response to questions from another political party in Scotland. So that is party politics rather than tantamount to anything. There are some really stupid statements by some Westminster Parliamentarians (supporting Covid deniers) circulating at present who really deserve to be criticised but here is not considered to be the place, Twitter is quite good. 

• Like 8
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all from Estuary-Land. I have now received a reply from both vendors in Hong Kong re. the delayed parcels. One is sending a replacement to my order and the other explained that though it was sent by air mail it was not by a direct flight to the UK and is now stuck in Abu Dhabi awaiting an onward flight. About the vaccine situation. If a European company is contracted to supply X number of vaccines how can they make them break that contract?  Hopefully this is just sabre rattling by some European politicians that has been picked up by the anti EU press in this country and it will soon blow over. The difficulty is that the second dose has to be of the same vaccine so if supplies for the second jab are stopped what happens?

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3