The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, Tony_S said:

Aditi, and a few others in their family had a discussion today via WhatsApp about an incident just over 60 years ago. Aditi’s brother posted a photo of Aditi and her sister with a neighbours child in on a holiday in the Himalayas. They were walking to Badrinath. Aditi remembers being carried in a basket by a porter and losing her hat when it blew away crossing a bridge. However her Mum said just after the photo was taken Aditi nearly got trampled by a cow. Aditi’s aunt, who must have been a teenager grabbed her but got kicked by the cow. She was in pain so they decided to drive back to Delhi. This would be a 15 hour drive now so I can see why MiL said it took over a day then. It turned out that Aditi’s aunt had a broken leg and needed hospital treatment. Aditi’s Dad wasn’t there as he had come to England and was working in a hospital in Sunderland. MiL seemed to have totally clear recall of the incident. Aditi doesn’t recall the cow at all. 

I can remember a few instances from when I was two, three or four years old but when my parents mentioned things that happened at the same time I have no recollection. About the time that my niece and nephew started school I took them to visit my grandfather, their great grandfather but neither can remember him. 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 9