The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

13 hours ago, TheQ said:

Politicians want everything to be relaxed before their next election to have any chance of re election

I think that could depend on how they initially handled the pandemic. For instance New Zealand and the state of Queensland here have both had elections in the last few months. Both incumbent governments  were perceived to have been competent in running the pandemic response and both were returned with greater majorities, despite running against opposition parties who talked of relaxing the restrictions and who talked up the economic losses over the human cost.

I guess things might have gone the other way for them if they'd acted the way the US or UK governments have during this though.

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 4

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Chris116 said:

To ensure you did not get clobbered I said you should go to a place of safety. Until the train has passed you should pay attention to the train and THEN eat the cake. Eating it while the train is approaching means you are liable to be hit which will reduce your intake of cake in the future considerably!

Not to mention splattering that great cake all over the landscape! :o

• Agree 2
  • Funny 8
  • Friendly/supportive 2

39 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Anything goes with sausage and chips.

Thought it was potato pie 'n' chips on your side o' th'ills :D

Edited by leopardml2341
Punctuation; in Lancashire it should be th'ills not t'hills
  • Like 1
  • Funny 13

1 minute ago, newbryford said:

My name seems to pop up quite regularly in the "which ER's I've met" lists.

Does that make me some some sort of floozy/gadabout?

Tart?

With the sausages and chips (of course) as you said, anything goes :mosking:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Battered sausage and chips is a better choice.

I think it was in Preston (in 1986) where I first happened across Saveloy and Parched Peas - weird, just weird :(

Edited by leopardml2341
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, leopardml2341 said:

I think it was in Preston (in 1986) where I first happened across Saveloy and Parched Peas - weird, just weird :(

Parched peas are weird.

In fact - peas - of any denomination - are weird.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Premium

Mooring Awl, inner Temple hare,

4 hours sleep so far in two pieces,

Parched peas never 'erd of 'em, I had to look them up... I'm quite 'appy not to 'ear of 'em again.. I suspect parched is a corruption of poached..ie. boiled to death..

It's still Christmas till 5th January, as that is 12th night, if we'd put one up that's when it would come down..

I think Ben the dreaming Collie is chasing something, there are little woofs coming from his bed.

I appear to have to sign for the next delivery from Amazon as it's an age restricted delivery.. various boxes of stainless steel screws....!?

The calibration of barometers is dependant at lot on how often you calibrate the meter against a known figure. Our local BBC tv 19:00 pm weather on a Thursday used to give the barometer level, sadly they no longer do that. I have to go online to get ours now.

This low air pressure will add to the flooding on the Norfolk Broads, as we have had lots of rainfall, and now we have a rising level of water in the north sea. The wind direction  isn't going to help with northerlies. Hopefully the above will reduce before the next spring tide on 10th of January, or we'll be in real trouble .

Although our politicians appear not to have jumped the queue over vaccinations, it seems many other countries politicians have jumped the queues, Israel, Greece, Hungary and no doubt others.

Time I think to try to sleep part 3.

Edited by TheQ
  • Like 12
  • Friendly/supportive 7

• RMweb Premium

Deep and crisp and even,

Frost that is,

Ben the I want out Collie, has taken me for his morning patrol, the  moon is to the North, North, West, very low almost to a moon set position . it's lighting fluffy white clouds  most oddly..

Excuse me while I warm up again.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 12