The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

Evening.

Great to read everyone is doing okay.

Been watching The Night Manager. Been saved to watch for months now but 2 episodes in and it's pretty good so far. I see what everyone was talking about all those years ago.

Tomorrow is back to modelling.

I have an old Lima HO "control car" (DVT in the UK) to mod with dual lights and a marker.

I can see it not working very well at all but have the diagram so will give it a go.

Been doing that a lot with modelling recently with mostly positive results.

Night all. 

• Friendly/supportive 18

• RMweb Premium

A friend (a bike journalist at the time) did the opposite with a sidecar, rode it into a petrol pump as he forgot it was there. :P

As for autocycles, a friend here has one for sale, it's worth over a grand apparently - not to me!  Hideous thing.

• Like 7
  • Friendly/supportive 11

• RMweb Premium
On 09/12/2020 at 16:53, pH said:

We’ve only been on one cruise - to the eastern Caribbean. Friends who were avid ‘cruisers’ persuaded us to go with them and made all the arrangements. We did enjoy it, but that’s it ticked off the ‘to do’ list and we’ve not felt we really need to go on another. (After getting off the ship in Fort Lauderdale, we drove down to Key West. Now, that’s something I would happily do again!)

The one cruise I might want to do is the one that Jamie has described just above, through the Panama Canal. Every year (this, of course being the exception), all the cruise ships that have been sailing out of Vancouver to Alaska all summer re-position to the Caribbean for the winter. There’s another fleet moves the opposite way in the spring. There are usually bargains to be had on these trips.

Did the cruise from Fort Lauderdale and Keys drive 2 years ago!

We spent the night at Key West as the Superbowl was on - what a great place to be!

There was a bit of accidental plane spotting that may have been our Dave...

hunter.jpg.0ff64be8d4d434d61d1fc2c20f7f7e05.jpg

The Trans Pacific cruise was a positioning move from South Asia to the Glacier Bay season.

Some then go back west to resume SE Asia duty.

A positioning move from West Coast to East Coast (or vice versa) is on the bucket list.

As you say, the position moves can be had a good price because the start/finish locations are quite different.

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 16
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, newbryford said:

Either that, or it's somewhere in Liverpool.

Or possibly expecting a group from Liverpool 

• Like 1
  • Agree 7
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, BSW01 said:

Up a bit late today, when I woke up, Sheila was lying on her side, so I put my arm around her, pulled up close to her  and promptly fell back to sleep, waking up 30 minutes later with pins and needles in my arm and cramp in my foot!

And who else read the first line and was let down by the follow up.........?

• Agree 5
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Erichill16 said:

That was going to be my comment but didn’t want to offend any ERs who may be from there!

One of my best friends is from that fair city and happily takes the stereotypical banter.

He now resides in North Yorkshire.

So his introduction to others is:

"Not only does he steal your sheep....................."

• Funny 18