The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

On 13/11/2020 at 15:50, Gwiwer said:

I hope those waiting to book supermarket delivery slots are successful.  I am on Ocado's priority list and was offered a Christmas slot a couple of weeks back so we are all booked in there; all that's needed is the final edit to the order a couple of days beforehand and a stand-by plan in case anything critical is out of stock.  We are staying put throughout the upcoming season; it isn't sensible nor viable to consider any other option this year.  I had also been twitching about the more immediate future as we have today's and next week's deliveries booked but beyond that there has been no availability.  Until yesterday when I received a promotional email including the words "Shop Now".  So I tried the link and found I could get a slot two Friday's hence meaning we are fine now for the next three weeks.  

From the point of view of the Lurker household, paying for the Ocado Smartpass works well; we have a Christmas slot and we have not missed a weekly order apart from possibly one at the beginning of Lockdown 1.0.

Mrs Lurker is currently in the mid a self isolation period after a child in her year tested positive- Joe Wicks is her exercise salvation at the moment...

currently “will you?” by Hazel O’Connor playing on Spotify 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 14

• RMweb Premium

The locomotive move went well today, apparently. A friend watched on his computer and said that at one point they managed to put a tender axle off the end of the track. (the local paper referred to the "rear part" of the locomotive.)

We drove by but the parking was non-existant. 

https://www.guelphtoday.com/local-news/a-great-day-to-move-a-locomotive-16-photos-2879346

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

It is raining and breezy here. I am not planning to go out so not a problem. My personal weather forecaster suggests this afternoon will be more pleasant for walking. The motor racing from Istanbul is quite conveniently timed after breakfast and before lunch. 
Tony

• Like 15

• RMweb Premium

Just what is wrong with these Bozo's??:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-54943588

Perhaps they should read this - but I guess they'd just say it was fake news:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54938735

- both are from today's BBC News website.

Rant over.  For now...

More drilling and chiselling of walls for leccy back boxes (x3) and conduit.  Deep joy.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

Moaning awl from the Far East. Well, not actually!

Scattered cloud ceiling and 12ish °C, and I have a sore throat. Probably something Annika brought with her from the kindergarten as she's sniffling as well, though for the moment, I don't think it's anything related to The Virus.

And for a bit of comic relief, see the attached image and imagine singing "Hack Job, Hack Job" to the tune of the Stingray main theme… :jester:

Later...

IMG_8971.jpeg

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 13

• RMweb Premium

Morning all from Estuary-Land. Overslept this morning, same as others I couldn't get off to sleep last night until about five this morning and only woke up half an hour ago. Sad news this morning, Des O'Connor has died at the age of 88. A bit more of my yoof no longer with us. Now time to run a late bath, be back later.

• Like 16
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Good morning everyone 

A sunny start to the day after heavy rain over night, there are lots of muddy puddles in the garden. Like yesterday, we had a lie in and late breakfast. I'm just about to start fitting the LEDs to the control panel. 

Stay safe, stay sane, enjoy whatever you have planned for the day, back later. 

Brian 

• Like 16

Just installed the saucepan hanging rack in the kitchen - but more saucepans to hang - can't at the moment as I've run out of hooks - more arriving tomorrow.

[EDIT] I initially thought that a couple of dozen would cover it - I was wrong.

Edited by Coombe Barton
  • Like 17
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Greetings!

Feel as though I must try and achieve something today; don't know what, though.

5 hours ago, chrisf said:

Strictly Come Dumb Prancing?

Best wishes to all

Chris 

The irony of a "contact sport" in times of social distancing!

• Like 11
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

40mph SWS, heavy rain at the moment...Ben the I want out Collie will have to wait...

A couple of more bits of woodwork fitted, but I really do need a couple more packs of battens..

Wiring extended connected from consumer unit, to charging station, to lathe supplies, which was already connected to junction box to right hand side of work bench..

Also extended from consumer unit to left hand side of work bench.

All powered up and tested, so the work bench has been cleared of charger, and a couple of other cables.

Just the keel on there now, and that has been filled bedded one side, it's got week to set before I get block and tackle out to lower it to the floor.

When that's out of the way, I can get up on the bench, to complete the mains power wiring, and alter the routing for lighting..

The weather radar indicates it will stop chuckinitdarn shortly.. so time to drink this muggacoffee before paddling out..

• Like 19