The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Early Risers.

Mr.S.corn78

• RMweb Gold

Morning all,

A bit colder and cloudier here today but the sun is forecast to return tomorrow according to the Met Office. The offspring are off to footie so I suspect Mrs Stationmaster and I will be treating ourselves to lunch at the local French restaurant as it usually has a good daytime menu although the evening one is not so hot - and 'orrid expensive. But that apart it will be back to hauling and splitting logs then stacking them.

The saga of the 'holes in the road' has shown little change although a camera survey of the sewer was done last night - fascinating watching and the blokes involved happy to explain the hi-tech kit they were using. No problems connected with the holes in the road but it does seem that there aren't enough houses at our end of the road to give the sewer a good going through of 'domestic output' so the camera guys area arranging a sluicing through vehicle to come and have a go - more fun. And remarkably nobody and no vehicles have yet fallen into the holes.

Apologies for nicking your question Mike but I was just about to post. Kiss X4 is the giveaway DD...

http://www.differencebetween.net/object/gadgets-object/difference-between-canon-kiss-x4-vs-canon-550d/

Just out of interest at the end of my YouTube video on ET, there's a set of thumbnails of other videos. About half of them are nothing to do with me and thankfully not smutty. How do I get rid of them and where have they come from? I've not looked at any of them so have no idea how they are linked to my account. Anyone know?

What is it called, Mike?

Might be what I want too.

Can't afford expensive cameras at the moment (at least until I get a tax return or something) as I'm saving up for a litre of petrol.

It's the EOS Kiss X4. I got It via Ebay from a British company dispatching from Hong Kong. It's the Japanese version of the 550D, absolutely identical apart from the logo and the price. Think I've saved about £130 on the UK price (looking at Jessops website) for camera body plus 18-55 IS lens. But I'm still waiting to see if I get an invoice from HMRC... Will PM you a link if you're interested.

• RMweb Gold

Morning all.

Rather dull here and not as warm as the last few days.

I did log on earlier, pressed the like button on Eastwood Town and the forum locked up. Anyway all is OK now.

Pete, I read John Harvey's "Resnick" series years ago though I haven't read any recently. Currently reading "The Man in the High Castle" by Philip K Dick.

I'm off to Enfield today, lunch and afternoon tea with MiL. I have baked bread and rolls, and while I was asleep this morning Aditi baked a batch of cupcakes (cherry and banana).I won't be collecting Matthew on Sunday. He has to wait for the rest of a prescription to be supplied and can't get it until Monday.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Tony

• Like 1

Cameras:

Looks like it's possible to buy a body for about £300ish from the jungles of Malaysia.

I had thought that the duty would be payable before delivery, Mike.

I thought that too! I had a voicemail on my home phone from someone at DHL asking me to phone up and pay duty before it was "released for delivery" but they had actually already attempted delivery by then! I phoned the Edinburgh DHL depot and arranged a different delivery with them, and they said they didn't think it must have duty on it. I wonder if this is a bit of a scam but havent had any further calls...

Still, if I do get an invoice, I'm prepared for it, and if I don't, that's a bonus!

• RMweb Premium

Morning all , late today , no sun to be seen and a bit cooler too .

Gordon , I think it's down to You Tube stacking similar links at the ends of clips , several of

ones that appear have the same file name as yours , eg , mov005 mpg . Then again I could

be way off track . :O

Have a good day one and all .

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all, arrived home at about 1.45 am a quiet run back from Carlisle and only the drunk or insane of Manchester were any distraction. I went to sleep about 3.00 am and was woken by my union rep ringing at 10.00....

Morning all.

Rather dull here and not as warm as the last few days.

I did log on earlier, pressed the like button on Eastwood Town and the forum locked up. Anyway all is OK now.

Pete, I read John Harvey's "Resnick" series years ago though I haven't read any recently. Currently reading "The Man in the High Castle" by Philip K Dick.

Tony

"A Darker Shade of Blue" by John Harvey.

Resnick appears in a few of the stories but most feature Jack Kiley. I'm going to bed - I only slept for two hours last night and have found myself snapping at the undeserved.......

Best, Pete.

• RMweb Gold

Evening, quite cool now. Just settling down to watch Southampton play Blackpool on tv, Buds are nearby.

Had a 12" to the foot modelling day today in Eastleigh works:

post-6683-0-10972400-1333211733_thumb.jpg

It's quite uplifting to be restoring this thing in the works where it was built in 1934. Mine and my buddy's task today was to fit the slidebars and crossheads on both outside cylinders - it was a bit of a Chinese puzzle in places but we managed to finish the job.

post-6683-0-62726400-1333212021_thumb.jpg

Edited by PhilH
  • Like 3

Evening, quite cool now. Just settling down to watch Southampton play Blackpool on tv, Buds are nearby.

Had a 12" to the foot modelling day today in Eastleigh works:

post-6683-0-10972400-1333211733_thumb.jpg

It's quite uplifting to be restoring this thing in the works where it was built in 1929. Mine and my buddy's task today was to fit the slidebars and crossheads on both outside cylinders - it was a bit of a Chinese puzzle in places but we managed to finish the job.

post-6683-0-62726400-1333212021_thumb.jpg

Wow!!!!!.........that`s brilliant, Phil; what fascinating work! :good:

• RMweb Gold
Just settling down to watch Southampton play Blackpool on tv, Buds are nearby.

...and I bet you wish you weren't. At the moment anyhow.

Just like I wish the last five minutes at he Etihad had been cancelled.

Found a great photo whilst researching something for the USA & Canadian Group so I thought I would share with you lot. Is this the real difference between USA and UK Railways in one pic?

Something nice to wake up to.

http://www.railpictu...d=377352&nseq=0

I'm wondering whether Tony would prefer this next door instead of the Leylandii trees?

Best, Pete.

Edited by trisonic
  • Like 5

• RMweb Premium

Morning folks...

Liking that image, Pete! As it is, I am having rather similar ideas of a branch line to be laid into our street, allowing me to park my hypothetical locomotive in front of the house... B)

Sunny but quite nippy outside - here's hoping today won't be as dreary as most of yesterday had been. We'll be off to Leipzig once again by Wednesday for a few days of Easter vacation.

Happy Palm Sunday to you all!

Last Sunday of Lent

I used to give up chocolate for Lent. Now I have given up chocolate for life.

No Easter Egg this year! :nono:

The weather has cleared but wait until Friday!

In my experience the Winter rains often start on Good Friday

I know I said they started during last week, but that was just a foretaste.

Edited by DonBradley
  • Like 1

Sorry I don't have a copyright free picture but in Fauresmith, in the Orange Free State (South Africa) the main line runs down the middle of the Main Road through the town.

Edited by DonBradley